St Mirren V Ross County Top League 17/11/13

shull

Remind me callum at what point in that game were we under pressure... just a load of

hysterical fans pissing there kegs over a few passbacks, its st mirren we're watchin

not barca the odd pass will go astray, also do you remember we created at least 5 good

scoring opportunities in the last 10mins aswell... the game was a stroll in the park...

Agree with that Bud, but id still love to have seen us grab at least one of those chances to put the game well out of site.

FWIW, i thought we were tremendous at times (for the majority of the match) but with a two man advantage against a piss poor county side i would have liked us to stretched them more & enhance our goal difference.

Against nine men , i dont want to see us run the ball into the corner in a desperate bid to run down the clock !

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Great game and well deserved three points. We never make it easy but do we?

Delighted McGinn got MOTM. I'll be pointing that out to the tosser that sits behind me at the next game who thought it was appropriate to shout "PISH, YA C'NT" at McGinn after he turned his man and hit a shot at the keeper with two minutes to go. Thankfully my mate pulled me back as I was about to stick the nut on him when I seen red after he told me to shut up when I questioned what he had done wrong. Complete moron of a man. If he's reading this, you'll have me putting you in your place for the rest of the season mate.

Delighted for Danny. I wanted him out after our poor start, but he's changed what we were all looking for him to change and I'm delighted he has turned it around. Credit to him.

8th place. This league is a piece of pish.

Hahaha! I sit right next to the two particular twats you're talking about. It was particularly funny when they both sh*t it and started apologising to you.

The two morons sit and bad mouth our players left right and centre from the 1st to the 90th minute of every game in their irritating, nasal commentating voices. I put them in their place at one point too when they were slagging Goodwin as he headed the ball wide after he clearly didn't know who was behind him and didn't get a shout. Unfortunately, it was that header that led to their goal, but he still made the RIGHT choice to head it wide at the time.

In any case, keep up the good work with keeping 'irritating twat no.1' and 'irritating twat no.2' in check. Anything to shut them up.

Hahaha! I sit right next to the two particular twats you're talking about. It was particularly funny when they both sh*t it and started apologising to you.

The two morons sit and bad mouth our players left right and centre from the 1st to the 90th minute of every game in their irritating, nasal commentating voices. I put them in their place at one point too when they were slagging Goodwin as he headed the ball wide after he clearly didn't know who was behind him and didn't get a shout. Unfortunately, it was that header that led to their goal, but he still made the RIGHT choice to head it wide at the time.

In any case, keep up the good work with keeping 'irritating twat no.1' and 'irritating twat no.2' in check. Anything to shut them up.

Are these two numpties in the W1/ W2 area near the back ? Ive had a couple of "exchanges" with idiots there.

At one point the guy next to me said "your lucky mate, weve got season tickets and have to listen to them all year !"

Presuming we can hold on here, that'll be 13 points from our last 18 with only a brilliant Dundee Utd getting near us.

Apart from Celtic has any other team come close to that?

This is why you should NEVER make knee jerk decisions about a manager's job and you should NEVER sack a manager mid season.

I find myself agreeing with u on this now buddy.

Haha! lol.gif

I did have a chuckle to myself when he was still apologising on the way out. Don't know what he was apologising for, the fact he was shouting shite or for telling me to shut up. There has not been one game this season I've not turned round and told them to shut the f'k up.

I can accept people going Oh for f'ks sakes when a player makes an arse of it, but these idiots give it to them non stop for 90 minutes. Totally know what you mean about the commentating voices... I can see the game, shut the f'k up!

Hopefully, they got a fright and will shut the f'k up now. Doubt it but.

Need to introduce yourself next time mate.

Eh , Yes. huh.png

So am i to assume you were the only person there today who didnt think that was a penalty ? wacko.png

As i said earlier never seen it from w5, anyway an instinctive reaction like that isn't pressure, try 1-0 up

at firhill last week, last 10mins of the league cup final or well at home last xmas, under constant attack...

there's 3 examples...

Edited by scrappy coco

If you were Derek Adams and had seen your team comprehensively pumped you would probably elect to spend your press conference after the game talking about a ghost instead of how poor your own team was and managing to dismiss Sproule's red card with a quick one liner.

Not that long ago scores of posters reckoned Adams would make a better St Mirren manager than DL... after all he stands trackside and yells at his players.

Haha! Posted Image

I did have a chuckle to myself when he was still apologising on the way out.  Don't know what he was apologising for, the fact he was shouting shite or for telling me to shut up.  There has not been one game this season I've not turned round and told them to shut the f'k up. 

I can accept people going Oh for f'ks sakes when a player makes an arse of it, but these idiots give it to them non stop for 90 minutes.  Totally know what you mean about the commentating voices... I can see the game, shut the f'k up!

Hopefully, they got a fright and will shut the f'k up now.  Doubt it but. 

Need to introduce yourself next time mate.

It's made even more annoying because neither of them has a clue, and are 99% of the time wrong with what they're droning on about anyway. I sit right next to them with my (English) pal on my other side. We sometimes talk to Craig next to you guys.

Are these two numpties in the W1/ W2 area near the back ?  Ive had a couple of "exchanges" with idiots there.

At one point the guy next to me said "your lucky mate, weve got season tickets and have to listen to them all year !"

Noooo, that's Stafford & Mr Angry. No idea of Angry's actual name, but fanny in the cap will do just fine.

Not sure who it was today, but for 30 or so minutes of the 2nd half Sean Kelly became "Jason" or "Naisy"...hilarious.

Adams should be hauled in front of the SFA for his comments regarding Goodwin, or I think the club should make a formal complaint about his comments.

Danny's comments are brilliant. The moral high ground is the best place to be. He conceded the decision went our way and the courteous but dismissive non engagement in debate is great.

To suggest Jim Goodwin, with all the yellow cards he has, is immune to punishment is laughable.

Adams wears his heart on his sleeve which is admirable at times but he's way off the mark in this regard. Whether it is an attempt to deflect attention from a poor performance or significant indiscipline who knows, but another feather in Danny's cap tonight regardless…

Goodwin is never a player, he's a liability on and off the ball. All fannying around involves him, we started struggling when play went through him and his stupid fouls are absolutely needless.

Goodwin may have had his poorest game in a while in terms of misplaced passes... but he was protecting the young lads from the Staggies thuggery and did so well not to respond to the niggles of their players who were obviously following instructions.

Jim Goodwin is not and never will be a McLean, McGinn or McGowan... but he allows them to be and that is good enough for me!!!

In a team of youngsters, we need senior players supporting and encouraging them. Would be nice if we the supporters encouraged and supported the senior players in return and appreciated the selfless work they do.

Goodwin may have had his poorest game in a while in terms of misplaced passes... but he was protecting the young lads from the Staggies thuggery and did so well not to respond to the niggles of their players who were obviously following instructions.

Jim Goodwin is not and never will be a McLean, McGinn or McGowan... but he allows them to be and that is good enough for me!!!

In a team of youngsters, we need senior players supporting and encouraging them. Would be nice if we the supporters encouraged and supported the senior players in return and appreciated the selfless work they do.

Excellent post.

If you were Derek Adams and had seen your team comprehensively pumped you would probably elect to spend your press conference after the game talking about a ghost instead of how poor your own team was and managing to dismiss Sproule's red card with a quick one liner.

Not that long ago scores of posters reckoned Adams would make a better St Mirren manager than DL... after all he stands trackside and yells at his players.

Don't forget the good ol 'danny is too nice in his interviews, we need someone like Shiels/Butcher/Adams who will stand up for us'

I'd take any of Danny's mental metaphors or saying's over the pathetic drivel Adams spouts in interviews.

Best post of the day.

Have to agree with you. With the 4-1-4-1 formation he is specifically there to break up play, allow those in front of him to play whilst protecting the back line. All of these things he did well, but I concede there were at least three or four loose passes, yet the result speaks volumes.

ETA: can't count...

Edited by Bart Simpson

Noooo, that's Stafford & Mr Angry. No idea of Angry's actual name, but fanny in the cap will do just fine.

Not sure who it was today, but for 30 or so minutes of the 2nd half Sean Kelly became "Jason" or "Naisy"...hilarious.

They used to sit near us at Love Street.

Thankfully we now sit in the main stand.thumbup2.gif

I remember our group getting into a heated discussion with them away at Falkirk a few years back after we told them to shut the f**k up, after half an hour of them abusing just about every saints player in the team.

Edited by FTOF