Tommy Craig Abuse

I was sat next to a few of the guys shouting at him. After Utd scored the third they almost scored a fourth within a minute. Few of them stood up and shouted asking why it hadn't been changed. They then got the 3 subs ready. Think it was more a case of Tommy was the only member of the management team out on the touchline therefore the questions/abuse got directed at him but the abuse wasn't necessarily about him.

tommy gets abuse as he is the 1 in the technical area ,cant work out why danny doesn't coach from the sidelines,been the same since he came ,I get the point the non supporters saying he was the same the last 3 weeks ,but I believe thats was more to do with players taking a bit more responsonility.but st Mirren at best ,3 decent results then we just get all big headed and think we are world beaters .think we can have a wee week off ,sotty but lannon should not let this happen ,as shown in previous weeks we are better ,its the leadership that is poor

There was no 'abuse' of Craig. The unrest was because our team were capitulating and on the brink of being victims of a cricket score. Craig was out on the touchline at the time and the fans were asking for something to change. He turned round and put his hand up, as if to say 'We've got this covered'. I don't condone personal abuse but the criticism directed at the dugout was completely justified.

I think Tommy Craig has a far bigger influence on the team than Danny Lennon.

No abuse is justified in a footballing context. However, they should both be removed from their respective positions IMO.

agree with the point tommy has more say than danny ,this is obvious as ,if it were true that lennon sets us out to play so poor,he could or would be out trying to change ,(which he never is )so the fact its all down to tommy says loads

I am of the opinion that we should be doing a lot better. Two good weeks and then this. I realise its easy to get carried away with raw emotion which is why I have waited to post this. I am not angry and I am not on here saying sack Danny Lennon now however, I think that as we continue to play poorly then it becomes clear that Danny shouldn't get a new contract. I think that the consensus amongst fans is that danny is a nice guy and he won the cup so we need to allow him time. Fair enough I am happy with that but I do not see st.mirren fc progressing at all. I see a team that is going backwards from previous seasons. The fact that we could be facing a playoff if we do not improve worries me. Can you say that you think we would be able to beat a Dundee or hamilton over two legs? Now I see the cup win and I see 8th in the spl but I also see a team that has its assistant manager basically running the show. Stewart girl our is a clever man and one who I know cares tremendously about our club and I know he will be watching this and wondering what to do. Stick with Danny and hope he claws us to safety or twist and hope a new man can Change this decline we have at present. Yes we were great at tynecastle but that is it we won v the fakes yet it wasn't convincing but ok it was 3 pts. What I think is that regardless of whether it is in a few games or next summer is that St.Mirren will have a new manager at some point in the next 7 months. Danny may stay but I do not feel he is the man to take us forward it is over for him at saints. He may get a few games he may get the season but with a record as poor as his I wouldn't think Stewart gilmour will offer him an new deal.

Edited by norrie82

Supporters were shouting abuse at Tommy because some supporters are of the delusion that they are better coaches than a lifelong football professional. Probably the same supporters that booed Goodwin when he was subbed and applauded Gauld when he was switched. Mental. Some so called Saints fans need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise that abusing club personnel does absolutely f**k all good for the team they profess to support.

Supporters were shouting abuse at Tommy because some supporters are of the delusion that they are better coaches than a lifelong football professional. Probably the same supporters that booed Goodwin when he was subbed and applauded Gauld when he was switched. Mental. Some so called Saints fans need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise that abusing club personnel does absolutely f**k all good for the team they profess to support.

Saints fans were applauding Gauls, really? There were united fans sitting in the comps section but if there was actual saints fans applauding, I don't know why they would for him. He's a decent player but it's not like he's messi and at the end of the day, he plays for the opposition and saints fans should be saving their support for their own team.

What a load of bollocks, the team was needing changed at in first half when UNT were running a mock with us. The formation wasn't working. As usual DL didn't have a plan B. Don't need to be a coach to or manager to see that. They made a change when we were already getting humped. DL's time is well and truly up.

What a load of bollocks, the team was needing changed at in first half when UNT were running a mock with us. The formation wasn't working. As usual DL didn't have a plan B. Don't need to be a coach to or manager to see that. They made a change when we were already getting humped. DL's time is well and truly up.

You missed a "C"

Saints fans were applauding Gauls, really? There were united fans sitting in the comps section but if there was actual saints fans applauding, I don't know why they would for him. He's a decent player but it's not like he's messi and at the end of the day, he plays for the opposition and saints fans should be saving their support for their own team.

I applauded Gauld off as I thought his goal was a peach and looks like he will be a great player. Took me about five seconds and there was hee haw to cheer for us at that point.

Why is it so outrageous to appreciate the opposition are sometimes just better than us (not that that was the full story yesterday)

Edited by pik

Quite right Pik, i wouldve applauded him tae.

A magnificent young player.

I also applauded Grady and Hartley when they showed their dazzling skills against us.

The Beautiful Game is there to be appreciated.

Naisy is still a wank though.

Appalling thread.

Apparently our resident "dementor" thinks we "should be doing better".

Better than what?

Better than 7 points from our last 4 games 3 of which saw us playing some seriously excellent football?

This is just getting fecking stupid.

Talk about cloud cuckoo land.

Kenny Everett was right. We should round them up in a field…...

I applauded Gauld off as I thought his goal was a peach and looks like he will be a great player. Took me about five seconds and there was hee haw to cheer for us at that point.

Why is it so outrageous to appreciate the opposition are sometimes just better than us (not that that was the full story yesterday)

The point made was that their player was applauded while ours was booed.

The point made was that their player was applauded while ours was booed.

That's what happens when one player plays well and others offer nothing. I'd have applauded Goodwin coming off were it not for the fact it'd have been mistaken for praise. Bringing McGinn off was strange, he should have moved him inside.

Edited by TsuMirren

Wait so is Goodwin one booking off a suspension? Explains why he seemed so unable to put a tackle in all day. I say let him get suspended. Goodwins job in midfield is to win the ball, and if that means going in for a risky tackle every so often it's fine with me. I'd rather lose him for a few games a season if he put out a performance like he did in the previous games, then have him stand off players.

Especially frustrating to watch opposition just dribble the ball into our penalty area without a single attempted tackle. Fair enough if he skins you and beats you, not fair enough if you physically don't try.

Edited by Smeato

Wait so is Goodwin one booking off a suspension? Explains why he seemed so unable to put a tackle in all day. I say let him get suspended. Goodwins job in midfield is to win the ball, and if that means going in for a risky tackle every so often it's fine with me. I'd rather lose him for a few games a season if he put out a performance like he did in the previous games, then have him stand off players.

Especially frustrating to watch opposition just dribble the ball into our penalty area without a single attempted tackle. Fair enough if he skins you and beats you, not fair enough if you physically don't try.

If Teale is fit then it wouldn't neccesarilly be a disaster to lose Goodie.

Newton moves in. Teale on the right with, perhaps, Caprice behind at right back.

Might even be a godsend.

Totally agree with this. Do we expect Goodwin to now "be careful" when tackling in future matches so he doesn't pick up that yellow card that will get him suspended? No way. Tell him to get stuck in, take the card and suspension if and when it comes, and come back with a clean sheet and the confidence to tackle the way he can and should.