St Mirren V Butcher's Hibernian Top League Nov. 2013

shull

Alex Mcleish made a good point when he said all there effort was concentrated down Young Kellys side thats where most of ther crosses were comming in from .

Hmmm, as much as they put a lot of crosses in from that side we chose to keep playing it out to the left. I thought that was to get the ball to McGinn but we struggled to get it out our half for about 15 minutes.

I might have been persuaded you were for real, till your last four words.

So, I'm out.

Return to Sender.

Was only playing on Elvis's username friend. Next time we meet up I will trot out the usual football cliche, you know like the game was shite today! Sorry to everyone for using rude language on your forum.

That Main Stand side linesman was so bad that I was almost feeling sorry for him at the end up.

The guy just didn't look right. He looked like he was shiting himself at times.

I'd love to know how many games he's done before this one. It was like a throwback to the days when they used to pull someone out of the crowd to run the line.

Highlight from yesterday had to be when McGinn had tried to shield the ball going out for a goal kick but it didn't cross the line. What did he do? Try to play it out off the Hibs player? No.... he knocked it back into play and swivelled past the attacker before picking the ball up again and passing it into midfield. The sheer audacity and brilliance of it had me laughing out loud and on my feet.

Worth the admission fee alone watching some of these little passages of play by the young guys. Outstanding!

Highlight from yesterday had to be when McGinn had tried to shield the ball going out for a goal kick but it didn't cross the line. What did he do? Try to play it out off the Hibs player? No.... he knocked it back into play and swivelled past the attacker before picking the ball up again and passing it into midfield. The sheer audacity and brilliance of it had me laughing out loud and on my feet.

Worth the admission fee alone watching some of these little passages of play by the young guys. Outstanding!

Yep, that was fantastic. Dont think the Hibs player knew what was happening !!

I wondered about that. He usually speaks quite well but he did sound a bit odd. To be honest I wondered if he had been ill. Drunk would be better for I wish him no ill.

Watching in a pub, I couldn't hear any pundit comments, but I recall back in the day, that it was assumed a certain dj was pished or drugged during broadcasts.

Stuart Henry.

It transpired that Henry was in the initial stages of MS.

MS and several other illnesses give that same wrong impression. For the person under discussion let's hope that mild bevvying WAS the problem.

Watched the game back on tv. It looked like a total fluke on tv. Looked like he kicked the turf before the ball as he attempted to clear it :lol

Got to admit I have to totally disagree with the majority on here I thought we were very poor yesterday I could not believe how bad hibs were I thought it was a missed opportunity for 3 points hibs will be a different prospect next time when butcher will have replaced the majority of his squad. I thought kello was magnificent and got us the point taking all those cross balls. We really missed Goodwin as we don't have a great physical presence when the game becomes a battle .

Got to admit I have to totally disagree with the majority on here I thought we were very poor yesterday I could not believe how bad hibs were I thought it was a missed opportunity for 3 points hibs will be a different prospect next time when butcher will have replaced the majority of his squad. I thought kello was magnificent and got us the point taking all those cross balls. We really missed Goodwin as we don't have a great physical presence when the game becomes a battle .

'Very poor'?

Seems a bit overly critical. Did you get to many matches in August and September?

You are wholly entitled to your opinion, but, for me, we played well in the first half, but did fall away later in the game as Hibs came into it. It's all relative, and I would regard yesterday's performance as continuing our good run of form. It was always going to be a tough match with Hibs fired up following Butcher's arrival, but our younger players continue to shine, and we coped okay with the absence of our captain, despite the adjustment required to accommodate this.

Maybe not very poor drew and definitely not as bad as the start of the season just really frustrated as i thought it was opportunity missed I thought thommo was very isolated up front and I believe if we had a more attacking set up we would have got a couple of goals just reading posts about great passing movements etc i thought we over hit passes and gave the ball away very easily