Dome Damaged In The Storm

div

Wishaw sports centre cost millions to build all out of the public purse. It also subsidised from the public purse

The dome pays rates back into the public purse

Yep it did and it benefits the community. Swimming, athletics, football, tennis, and all forms of martial arts as well as a large range of keep fit classes, boxing, a crèche, and two gyms proves it's eclectic nature. We've seen electoral counts there, public evacuations to there and despite its age and woefully low maintenance budgets it still operates in all weather.

Would you evacuate anyone to the dome?

I wonder how many domes could be installed across the country if the Tories hadn't spunked all the tax payers money on PCC's and not knowing that you have to build aircraft carriers that can actually accomodate aircraft.

Oh FFS. Everyone knows the f**ked up order for carriers was put in place by Gordon Brown's government. Well OK everyone with a modicum of nous. :rolleyes:

Guest somner9

Oh FFS. Everyone knows the f**ked up order for carriers was put in place by Gordon Brown's government. Well OK everyone with a modicum of nous. rolleyes.gif

Oh Dicko... you're dealing wit the 'Big Dog' now.... not the 19 year old Argos chargehand....

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/may/10/hammond-aircraft-carrier-u-turn

But at least you are happy to finally admit... "you don't have a modicum of Nous!"

Oh Dicko... you're dealing wit the 'Big Dog' now.... not the 19 year old Argos chargehand....

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/may/10/hammond-aircraft-carrier-u-turn

But at least you are happy to finally admit... "you don't have a modicum of Nous!"

The carrier order was placed by Gordon Brown - you said

I wonder how many domes could be installed across the country if the Tories hadn't spunked all the tax payers money on PCC's and not knowing that you have to build aircraft carriers that can actually accomodate aircraft.

now you are claiming that you were talking about the order for planes. Make your mind up.....:rolleyes:

North Lanarkshire Council's audited accounts for 2012/2013 state in the notes to the accounts on page 54 that:-

North Lanarkshire Leisure Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Council, had Income of £411,000 and Expenditure of £10,555,000

The previous year the figures were Income £440,000 and Expenditure £11,105,000

CHttpHandler.pdf

Edited by sally02

Guest somner9

The carrier order was placed by Gordon Brown - you said

now you are claiming that you were talking about the order for planes. Make your mind up.....rolleyes.gif

I love it when your most feeble attempts at deflection just make you look an even fatter tit than usualclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

for the benefit of anyone tuning in from the planet Zog who doesn't already know how wasteful the Tories are let me enlighten you.

The order for carriers was placed by previous govt to take the planes that were being ordered....

The tories decided it would be cheaper to change the spec for the carriers (whilst they were being built) to take a different type of aircraft because they thought they would get it cheaper...

They were forced into a humilating and excrutiating u-turn costing at least £50m, as their plan would turn out to be tens of millions more expensive, and prove almost inoperable for the aircraft ordered ...

we now have no fixed wing carrier option to protect our interests for decades to come... yes thats right we will have aircraft carriers.... but not aircraft to fly from them.....

Only a very stupid fellow would attempt to defend such shocking disregard for the nation's security and purse strings..... fortunately we have one in residence folksbye1.gif

North Lanarkshire Council's audited accounts for 2012/2013 state in the notes to the accounts on page 54 that:-

North Lanarkshire Leisure Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Council, had Income of £411,000 and Expenditure of £10,555,000

The previous year the figures were Income £440,000 and Expenditure £11,105,000

Think that says a lot, Stuart. You take you're club to a facility that was created on the back of massive, industrial decline, with £30 million of funding from lottery, sports bodies, and other funding sources, which all originate from the same source, the good people of this country. It then operates within an organisation which receives grant funding from the scottish government, the UK government, and on the generosity of the British Taxpayer once again.

You ridicule the receipt of a £50k grant towards the dome to provide a decent, dry facility for players, kids, community groups to use, agreed at fairly steep prices, but I am sure that the pricing structure is based on a fairly quick financial recovery for a facility which has a limited life.

Value for money on job creation and long term maintenance costs, I reckon the dome is a lot slicker investment. All I can say to you is, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Guest somner9

And the tories are not happy at spunking £40million plus on Non aircraft- aircraft carriers....

Now they've written off £40million plus on the computing costs for Universal Credit.... a flagship tory policy that they claimed would save us billions..!

Instead of 4.5million users by 2015-16 they'll struggle to have anything near four hundred thousand....

and they now advise they will writedown a further £90million of costs before it's even implemented. FFS

On Thursday evening - on the day this all happened - Wishaw Wycombe had a training session on a 3g 7-a-side pitch at Wishaw Sports Centre. The session cost £15 per hour, the facility was open and 19 lads enjoyed the health benefits of a good work out.

Meanwhile in Paisley any team renting the dome for £70 per hour were denied the same health benefits cause the balloon couldn't cope with Scottish weather.

Edited by oaksoft

I wondered why he has been so quiet today.......plenty of hot air.

Keep going Stu ya miserable blowhard!

Pleased to say the dome is now fully inflated, tomorrow there will be a few safety checks and opened again on Sat well done all at the club for getting on with the work so quick,

Edited by santaponsasaint

Pleased to say the dome is now fully inflated, tomorrow there will be a few safety checks and opened again on Sat well done all at the club for getting on with the work so quick,

Brilliant news, brilliant news indeed.

Good to see this wonderful facility that our wonderful club has helped provide to our local community to be back up and running. The news really has pleased me, pleased me indeed.