Telly Programmes

shull

Just watched the final episode of Wayward Pines and quite enjoyed the series - I'd give it 7/10 and maybe an extra 1 because that's it over in one 10 episode series. Good to see a series lasts it's natural course and not be extended beyond the level where interest can be sustained. clap.gif

Started watching Black Sails which is quite raunchy! youngman-sign.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just watched the final episode of Wayward Pines and quite enjoyed the series - I'd give it 7/10 and maybe an extra 1 because that's it over in one 10 episode series. Good to see a series lasts it's natural course and not be extended beyond the level where interest can be sustained. :clapping

Started watching Black Sails which is quite raunchy! :youngman

Indeed. .

Watched an interesting documentary on the good old BBC last Monday night, Britain at the Bookies. (2nd part on tonight)

There was a guy who only used internet betting who was rather successful and his bets were firstly reduced by the bookie then his accounts were closed.

I was astounded, they monitor your account, they must be pissing themselves at mines, then, when you're winning the cnuts close your accounts?

Seems unfair, if not illegal, they're quite happy to let you lose but tell you to fcuk off when you win.

Watched an interesting documentary on the good old BBC last Monday night, Britain at the Bookies. (2nd part on tonight)

There was a guy who only used internet betting who was rather successful and his bets were firstly reduced by the bookie then his accounts were closed.

I was astounded, they monitor your account, they must be pissing themselves at mines, then, when you're winning the cnuts close your accounts?

Seems unfair, if not illegal, they're quite happy to let you lose but tell you to fcuk off when you win.

I watched that also and was shocked when that winning dude got his Account closed.

He was hardly gonnae bankrupt the Company.

Just watched the final episode of Wayward Pines and quite enjoyed the series - I'd give it 7/10 and maybe an extra 1 because that's it over in one 10 episode series. Good to see a series lasts it's natural course and not be extended beyond the level where interest can be sustained. :clapping

Started watching Black Sails which is quite raunchy! :youngman

Season 6 of Sons of Anarchy tonight. Brilliant TV.

Wayward Pines left a few unanswered questions. Enjoyed it a lot.

Wayward Pines left a few unanswered questions. Enjoyed it a lot.

I thought it made sense - after the Abbies are defeated there is (offscreen) a coup by the First Generation who take control and when Ben regains conciousness are running the town in brutal fashion with "reckonings" aplenty for those who don't do as they're told.

I reckon (sic) that'd be the most likely scenario as the Adults wouldn't want to kill the First Generation, many of whom would be their children, whereas the First Generation would primarily be loyal to each other, Pilcher's agenda and be quite prepared to kill the Adults. It was a bit out of the blue as apart from a few long shots of them staring out the school windows the First Generation didn't really feature as a cadre until Episode 9 - could've been done better!

The ending's caused a bit of a rumpus online but, like I said, I felt it was the obvious conclusion to this dystopian series.

I'm considering getting rid of Sky and I've heard that when you do this your Sky box won't function as a recorder, anyone know if this is true?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's right in fact I don't think you can pause,FF,RWD Ilve TV either. You'd be better ditching the sky box and getting a freeview one.

Edited by Mykey

I'm considering getting rid of Sky and I've heard that when you do this your Sky box won't function as a recorder, anyone know if this is true?

May well be. I know that with Virgin if you cancel the box ceases to work and you can't even watch stuff you had recorded.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's right in fact I don't think you can pause,FF,RWD Ilve TV either. You'd be better ditching the sky box and getting a freeview one.

Aye, that kinda ties in with what I've been told.

May well be. I know that with Virgin if you cancel the box ceases to work and you can't even watch stuff you had recorded.

I was going to cancel right now but as I'm off work for a few weeks, and have quite a few things recorded that I can catch up on, that was the main reason I'm holding off for now.