Gary Dicker

Blairy_the_Bulgarian

Sheff Wed fans were less than complimentary about Gary Teale, and Rangers fans told us that Thommo was pish. Would you like me to go on about other players or does that not fit in with your agenda.

Yes, please do go on about other players... cos your reply doesn't even fit with the point I was making let alone my "agenda" :1eye

So the PDE and The Sun suggested we MIGHT be interested in signing this guy with not a squeak from the club and he goes and signs for someone else not even in our country and the gnashing of teeth begins. FFS it's hardly the end of the world. Loads of time to go this window so everyone justs needs to take a deep breath and keep calm. Yes another holding midfielder will be required but it was never the top priority this window. We need to sign players better than those we have or have let go. That is not an easy thing to establish it will take time to get the right players in.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

So the PDE and The Sun suggested we MIGHT be interested in signing this guy with not a squeak from the club and he goes and signs for someone else not even in our country and the gnashing of teeth begins. FFS it's hardly the end of the world. Loads of time to go this window so everyone justs needs to take a deep breath and keep calm. Yes another holding midfielder will be required but it was never the top priority this window. We need to sign players better than those we have or have let go. That is not an easy thing to establish it will take time to get the right players in.

We have been needing a commanding no nonsense centre half for about 3 years now so I have my doubts about us having loads of time left this window to find 1.

We have strengthened the opposition without securing a replacement

Seriously if we had 10 more Lee Mair's I would have given every team in the league one. We have to move on and sign better players than Lee. He did a job but he is hardly an asset to the opposition and if they feel he has improved their team it only goes to highlight just how shit their defence is. Mair was no better than the 2 holding the jerseys just now and wasn't getting a game so it made sense to let him leave. If Thistle survive and we are ultimately relegated it won't be down to us letting Mair go to them - something will have gone seriously wrong throughout the club.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Here, here Tam. Lee had lost what little pace he had, he's now Thistle's liability.

Exactly he was linked with Dundee for long enough so I think we were all a but surprised when Thistle moved for him. He will have a point to prove on Saturday so if he is likely to have one good game it will be this weekend but over the remainder of the season he will only improve Thistle's defence if they are starting from a very low base. He is no better than anything we still have. Campbell should rip him a new one and should run at him all day long.

His move was probably dictated by non-footballing considerations. He is quoted as saying that he was tired of commuting to Rochdale. His family live in Steyning, - 25 miles from Crawley but 466 miles from Paisley. In the circumstances, I expect his agent must have contacted just about every club south of the M25. He was never going to make it onto the M6, or the Gatwick/Glasgow shuttle!