Aberdeen (Home) - Game Moved

Once again it is the Aberdeen game that gets moved. This will end up costing the club more than a few quid.

Aberdeen despite being so far away will carry one of the biggest away supports if it was 3pm on a Saturday but put it on tv and it will reduce the travelling support by a good 3-400. Our home support is always less if game is on tv. Coupled with crap times for hospitality could see us lose between £15-20k at a rough estimate than if it was played without tv.

Why are our away league games never on TV?

Wondered about that myself for a while, probably just coincidence but we seem to have home games on tele all the time, particularly against celtic, last time I can remember being on sky away from home was Dunfermline on the Monday night at the start of the season in 2011. I'm most probably wrong but can anyone remember one more recently?

Historically the majority of SPL televised games were Celtic & Rangers away from home, at the moment there's a gap to fill. We're a small team at home against a larger away team - it doesn't help that we're perennially in the Bottom Six.

As an aside I believe BBC Alba are showing to-morrow nights game against Hearts albeit with a delayed transmission.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Historically the majority of SPL televised games were Celtic & Rangers away from home, at the moment there's a gap to fill. We're a small team at home against a larger away team - it doesn't help that we're perennially in the Bottom Six.

As an aside I believe BBC Alba are showing to-morrow nights game against Hearts albeit with a delayed transmission.

Aha, So thats where t'internet is getting its feed!