St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 15/2/14

shull

We lack real presence up front, we only seemed to have any when McGregor was pushed up front. Such a pity that we got rid of all our front men and brought in Bahookie who couldn't give a flying f**k

Aberdeen were rank today and we didn't have a real good go until we were a goal down. I expected us to lose but I also expected Aberdeen to play better. They were there for the taking today.

It was on the line and therefore in the box.

We ended up well beaten after competing well for most if the game. Could have been more in the end if Rooney had squared it.

One save? I remember 2 good saves in the second half.

What's an offside goal got to do with it? He was yards offside, not even a tight call.

I agree though, we set the team up well and this is the shape I would like to see us continue with.

I agree that it isn't good enough to register our first shot on target (home or away) until the 89th minute, but I think that can be overplayed as well to suggest that we had no chances when Thompson nearly scored with a narrow miss 2 or 3 minutes into the 2nd half from a good move, and Aberdeen were also lucky that Logan wasn't penalised for taking out McGinn in the box with a clumsy challenge where he missed the ball and got the man. I agree on McGregor's offside effort that it was a yard or two off, but it was a well worked move (or a great ball from McGinn) and calm finish. Wylde, McLean and McGowan all had half chances breaking down at the edge of the box from well worked moves in the first half.

We lack real presence up front, we only seemed to have any when McGregor was pushed up front. Such a pity that we got rid of all our front men and brought in Bahookie who couldn't give a flying f**k Aberdeen were rank today and we didn't have a real good go until we were a goal down. I expected us to lose but I also expected Aberdeen to play better. They were there for the taking today.

We'll have Magennis able to add presence up front in our other SPL league games for the rest of the season.

Thought the atmosphere was terrible today and the team were so flat. Goes hand in hand I guess.

A slight improvement on previous performances but still poor. Gap between midfield and Thommo was too big, the problem with Goodwin at the back is that he sits far too deep.

What do you expect him to do?

Aberdeen have pace up front and Goodwin ain't the quickest.

The problem is Wylde is far too wide on the touchline the whole time leaving no space for him to run on to.

Gowser slows the game down taking too many touches and recently not holding the ball up when needed

Thistle now winning.

So here we are again, looking at other fixtures desperately hoping that someone is even more shite than we are to save our top flight skins.

I firmly believe that any St Mirren fan who says they don't look out for other results is lying through their teeth.

Finally, Conor Newton, right back? Right wing back? Generally just wafting around somewhere on the right? - Fcuk off Lennon.

So here we are again, looking at other fixtures desperately hoping that someone is even more shite than we are to save our top flight skins.

I firmly believe that any St Mirren fan who says they don't look out for other results is lying through their teeth.

Finally, Conor Newton, right back? Right wing back? Generally just wafting around somewhere on the right? - Fcuk off Lennon.

I sorta see your point but isn't that what league football is about - measuring yourself against other teams?

Correct. Newton is utter rank.

Aberdeen will be laughing away up the road with three points, it had nil nil all over it today. I'm inclined to suggest that was a point that escaped us rather than three, we were as good as them today in what was a rank game, flat all over the place, players, fans, weather, meh !

I am more than a tad concerned about our latest signing , ok, he lacks matches, but , dunno what he is going to bring us in games, seems to me Eric was fairly aherm wreckless (!) today, cost us it could be argued. Pawlett was clever though IMO saw it coming and his aherm, professionalism won a penalty.

It's eyes down for another cringeworthy season end roller coaster, all pretty tame , lame and got the t shirt pish time again.

Anyway, now that the weekly grind is out the way am going to finish the job and get all Pink Floyd, comfortably numb

I sorta see your point but isn't that what league football is about - measuring yourself against other teams?

What I mean is that I have read posts from some St Mirren fans for years now, where they say stuff like 'I don't care how Partick or Ross County (or Dunfermline/Falkirk/Hamilton, depends on the season) do, I'm only concerned with our results.'

Pish. IMHO. We need other teams to lose to mask our ineptitude.

Mon' whoever is playing Partick or County. We need you.