St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 15/2/14

shull

Correct. Newton is utter rank.

Not outstanding today but did OK - Naismaith form has shaded of late and maybe needed a breather, would DVZ have been a better option - mibbes aye, mibbes naw....................

At least we have options at RB what cover do we have at LB to give Kelly a rest (which I reckon he could do with), perish the thought he gets injured...............

Just seen the other latest scores - mucho relief!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Aberdeen will be laughing away up the road with three points, it had nil nil all over it today. I'm inclined to suggest that was a point that escaped us rather than three, we were as good as them today in what was a rank game, flat all over the place, players, fans, weather, meh !

I am more than a tad concerned about our latest signing , ok, he lacks matches, but , dunno what he is going to bring us in games, seems to me Eric was fairly aherm wreckless (!) today, cost us it could be argued. Pawlett was clever though IMO saw it coming and his aherm, professionalism won a penalty.

It's eyes down for another cringeworthy season end roller coaster, all pretty tame , lame and got the t shirt pish time again.

Anyway, now that the weekly grind is out the way am going to finish the job and get all Pink Floyd, comfortably numb

him you mean

Of course they should , but they're on the prayer mat every week after each game hoping that we fluke staying up to save them money. It seems that only us being in a desperate situation will move them to act !

Prayer mat and cheque book back in the drawer for another week !

Having calmed down and cheered up thanks to other results, I just want to add how class McGinn was - one pass in the first half in particular would've had the pundits creaming themselves if a Gerrard or Xavi had done it.

Thought McLean was very good too and the defence looked relatively solid compared to last week's debacle. DD will come good when he's fit.

Full squad to pick from next week against a team in crisis - no excuses

Defence looked very solid today. Always thought McGregor and Goodwin would be a good partnership.

Foolish tackle from Djemba-Djemba, tho it was outside the box. So poor from the ref and linesman. Cost us a point.

I can't blame the ref and linesmen for giving the penalty. I think if you did a freeze frame on the moment Djemba Djemba connects with Pawlett then it is just outside the box but almost on the line, and as contact continues and the players' momentum carries them inside the box it was no surprise to see it given against us. At the other end of the pitch Logan got away with catching McGinn and missing the ball inside the box - presumably because it was a 50/50 challenge and McGinn looked off balance and was stretching to reach the ball (the kind of one which would probably have gone against us in our box).

If anyone is culpable for costing us a point I would blame Djemba Djemba rather than the officials. He was never getting the ball, it was the 80th minute and a bad time to concede a penalty, and it wasn't a clear cut chance - Pawlett could easily have lost control of the ball under his own steam without the crazy last ditch tackle.

I can't blame the ref and linesmen for giving the penalty. I think if you did a freeze frame on the moment Djemba Djemba connects with Pawlett then it is just outside the box but almost on the line, and as contact continues and the players' momentum carries them inside the box it was no surprise to see it given against us. At the other end of the pitch Logan got away with catching McGinn and missing the ball inside the box - presumably because it was a 50/50 challenge and McGinn looked off balance and was stretching to reach the ball (the kind of one which would probably have gone against us in our box).

If anyone is culpable for costing us a point I would blame Djemba Djemba rather than the officials. He was never getting the ball, it was the 80th minute and a bad time to concede a penalty, and it wasn't a clear cut chance - Pawlett could easily have lost control of the ball under his own steam without the crazy last ditch tackle.

We would have been screaming for that if it had been at the other end.

No real debate, reckless challenge, 1 point gone as I didn't think they would have scored today.

Defence looked very solid today. Always thought McGregor and Goodwin would be a good partnership.

Foolish tackle from Djemba-Djemba, tho it was outside the box. So poor from the ref and linesman. Cost us a point.

Agree with Goidwin and McGregor. They did more than enough to merit starting next week at CH.

Disagree with the penalty though, it was on the line so in the box.

Stupid tackle and a stone Waller.

I can't blame the ref and linesmen for giving the penalty. I think if you did a freeze frame on the moment Djemba Djemba connects with Pawlett then it is just outside the box but almost on the line, and as contact continues and the players' momentum carries them inside the box it was no surprise to see it given against us.

The rules say that if the foul starts outside and the foul (not fouled players momentum) continues inside them it's a penalty. On the line is also in the box so going by the above it's the direct decision.

Agree with the McGinn one also, it should have been given and would have put us 1-0 up.

A bit of inexperience from him, he should have got up screaming and shouting for it. He just looked a bit shell shocked after the tackle.

Edited by davidg