St Mirren V Aberdeen Top League 15/2/14

shull

Mcgowan was abysmal today, kelly unfortunatley isnt going to progress to much. Nowhere near the standard.

Thommo was pish yet again and djemba djemba is still a yard offtbe pace.

Mcginn was brilliant though. Mclean worked hard and wylde when involved looked dangerous though he would be better with carey behind him.

Im starting to get really worried now. Though i would suggest leaving goodwin at centre back for the remainder of the season as we looked more comfortable with him there.

On todays performance, I'd agree, they had very few chances and they are THE form team right now.

Yes but he had a few other good opportunities which were lost through terrible control. eg through on goal in first half and miscontrols the ball straight to Russell Anderson = goal chance over.

Still doesn't change the fact his touch was poor? blink.png

Can't wholly disagree. Just trying to get some positives from the game.

shocking performance, the dons were far from their best but we brought nothing to that game, no attacking options at all, first half was just big boot, wylde stayed out wide but we never got the ball to him, players deciding to run the ball to the goal line then cross instead of just putting it in the box when they had the chance first time, we never really opened up and got it switched, we need to find a formation that suits everyone soon, if not we are as good as down.

Agree, I already posted, same point a great strike, pity it was straight at the goalie or would have been a goal.

We need a big slice of luck.

Didn't see the game today unfortunately, had to rely on the BBC text, but we haven't really been that unlucky this season. Even our last two wins, against Hibs and Dundee United we benefited from big (and incorrect) decision's going our way, and we've been very lucky in that respect in quite a few other games this season. Luck has nothing to do with our current league position I'm afraid.

Poor , poor stuff yet again , although we showed we had enough to trouble them when we threw caution to the wind near the end. It's starting to feel more and more like the relegation seasons of old , when we could achieve results from time to time but runs of narrow defeats and draws cost us dear !

Rooney was about three yards offside when put through towards the end there. Ah well, load of shite. Thing is, I actually thought the line up was decent today. Exactly what I'd have picked. I just can't see why we're so shite.

Agree with that mate it was perhaps the right starting 11 but the reason they were so shite is that DL has lost the capability to mentally gear the team up for victory.

Didn't see the game today unfortunately, had to rely on the BBC text, but we haven't really been that unlucky this season. Even our last two wins, against Hibs and Dundee United we benefited from big (and incorrect) decision's going our way, and we've been very lucky in that respect in quite a few other games this season. Luck has nothing to do with our current league position I'm afraid.

Yet you say we had luck against Hibs & Dundee United and luck has no part in the games? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

In any sport when your not playing well, and we're not, you usually get nothing.

Last weeks 2nd goal against Dundee United was a massive bit of bad luck.

Losing to a penalty not really bad luck suppose but we kept the 2nd top tea to "not a lot" today.

Wyldes last minute shot, no luck struck it perfectly, could have gone in any other day.

I'm NOT saying we're not where we deserve but you cant have it both ways, lucky when we win and deserve it all against us when we lose.

Fair enough taking McGowan off but for another striker? When Thommo was shot and DD was off the pace already?

We ceded the midfield space and Aberdeen took total control.

It was a ridiculous tactical decision.

Not as ridiculous as your attempts to make something from the CORRECT decision. lol.gif

Looks like ONLY YOU see it this way.

Run along. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Given the quality of football that the Buds played a year or so ago (some would say, 'tippy-tappy'), the long punt up the park has reappeared and is dragging us back into the stone-age. I think Danny has reached the stage where he can't take us any further. His signings recently smell of desperation, confusion and headlining. I've supported Danny through thick and thin but now it's time for him to go.

Fair enough taking McGowan off but for another striker? When Thommo was shot and DD was off the pace already?

We ceded the midfield space and Aberdeen took total control.

It was a ridiculous tactical decision.

Mcgowan shudda been papped long before he was.

If your a man of tactics you would have noticed that the change allowed more gaps in the middle of the park and you might have noticed wylde and mclean taking advantage of that.

I agree that thompson and djemba were off the pace just a pity we never had a like for like on the bench.

We can stay up but not with the current form. Was at the game and it was a poor match. Just got home in time for Neil McCann to pretty much slate Danny. One shot on goal and in the 89th minute? We're heading in the right direction aren't we. Crap football punt long to Thompson and it's been like that most of the season. Playoff now a very real possibility

Former season ticket holder here - chose not to go today convinced we'd be once again terrible...was right.

Work forced me to give up the season ticket but thank god - imagine paying for that?? Could of turned up and paid £20 today. What a farce!

Here's the stats since we arrived in 2014:

- Played: 9

- Lost: 7

- Won: 1

We've been god awful to watch over that period. So I looked up shots stats for that nine game run:

- Attempts: 57

- Shots on target: 22 (average 2.4/game)

- Goals: 6

Shocking. But how bad is that? Well, in the same nine games we've had 119 attempts on our goal, and in that period we had two matches in which we didn't register a single shot on target and in today's game only had one.

Lennon must go. Driving fans away with his god awful tactics, inability to motivate players, and useless approach to player recruitment.

It was a crap game jj but as much as we never looked like losing the fact is we have a very isolated Steven Thompson ploughing a lone furrow up front. He is 35 plays every week and needs support. I know today you can say it might be harsh to have a go at Danny fair enough but how many games have we won all year and how many more do you think we will win in the coming weeks? It's now time to realise we seem to be heading for the playoff where anything can happen.

I don't think we'll be sitting 2nd bottom later today , but the situation could happen today or next week etc , and the way we're playing it wont be a surprise to anyone. I would imagine there would be some serious arse twitching in the BOD room should that happen.

Yet you say we had luck against Hibs & Dundee United and luck has no part in the games? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

In any sport when your not playing well, and we're not, you usually get nothing.

Last weeks 2nd goal against Dundee United was a massive bit of bad luck.

Losing to a penalty not really bad luck suppose but we kept the 2nd top tea to "not a lot" today.

Wyldes last minute shot, no luck struck it perfectly, could have gone in any other day.

I'm NOT saying we're not where we deserve but you cant have it both ways, lucky when we win and deserve it all against us when we lose.

OK, maybe I phrased that badly, bad luck is not the reason we have had such a terrible season, but to be honest, you seem the one who want's it both ways, unlucky when we lose, ignore the massive slices of luck that we've had in several other places.

We deserve to be where we are because we are simply not good enough.

Felt sorry for Lennon today. I can except losing today, Aberdeen are a good team. It's the games against Hearts, etc that count against us. He encouraged the team for 90 mins and we still lost, does this blow the touchline theory out of the water? He also set up the team well. Interesting that we looked better as a unit without McAusland today. I don't think Cheesy is a bad defender but something just doesn't click between him and McGregor or Goodwin. No brainer for me. Same team next week except McGowan out for Teale/Campbell.

Edited by W6Saint

It was a crap game jj but as much as we never looked like losing the fact is we have a very isolated Steven Thompson ploughing a lone furrow up front. He is 35 plays every week and needs support. I know today you can say it might be harsh to have a go at Danny fair enough but how many games have we won all year and how many more do you think we will win in the coming weeks? It's now time to realise we seem to be heading for the playoff where anything can happen.

You weren't at the game and never seen it? 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

FFS stop making a cnut of yourself, take a deep breath, and stop posting your preconceived idea rather than the facts. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif