Congratulations On Achieving Safety

Are you sure?

I've probably made an error to feel free to correct me but I think this run of results would see us in the bottom two:

Killie v Hearts - home win

Ross County v Hibs - home win

Hearts v Partick - away win

Killie v St. Mirren - home win

Hibs v Killie - home win

Partick v Ross County - away win

St. Mirren v Hearts - away win

I think the table would be:

Ross County - 40

Killie - 39

Partick - 38

Hibs - 38

St. Mirren - 38

Based on current goal difference and the above sequence of results then we'd probably finish in the play off spot on goal difference.

The games would need to go exactly as described above.

I think the probability of that happening is next to nothing. Try putting that run of results on at a bookies and see what odds you would get.

One draw in 7 games ends it.

Of course, this is all presuming the very worst. Far more likely is for us to finish in 7th spot comfortably.

No need for any more arse twitching!

Are you sure?

I've probably made an error to feel free to correct me but I think this run of results would see us in the bottom two:

Hibs v Killie - home win

Ross County - 40

Killie - 39

Partick - 38

Hibs - 38

St. Mirren - 38

Based on current goal difference and the above sequence of results then we'd probably finish in the play off spot on goal difference.

I think the probability of that happening is next to nothing. Try putting that run of results on at a bookies and see what odds you would get.

Of course, this is all presuming the very worst. Far more likely is for us to finish in 7th spot comfortably.

Killie v Hearts is actually Hearts v Killie.

Killie v Hearts is actually Hearts v Killie.

Thanks!

Is that the only error?

Does anyone disagree with my analysis? Is there any scenario that would be even worse?

This is all hypothetical by the way in case any cunt blows a fuse. I don't for a minute that we'll go down. Just interested in the maths.

Edited by Moustache of Hyslop

St Mirren now cannot finish in the bottom two. The permutations of results prove that beyond all doubt. So let me take this opportunity to congratulation the team, Danny Lennon, and everyone associated with the club.

No need , it was never in doubt :)

Thanks!

Is that the only error?

Does anyone disagree with my analysis? Is there any scenario that would be even worse?

This is all hypothetical by the way in case any c**t blows a fuse. I don't for a minute that we'll go down. Just interested in the maths.

No I think you have it spot on.

We will be safe tomorrow if Killie don't win.

St Mirren now cannot finish in the bottom two. The permutations of results prove that beyond all doubt. So let me take this opportunity to congratulation the team, Danny Lennon, and everyone associated with the club.

sometimes you are full of surprises Stuart on the few occasions of which this is one I agree with you. The forum does not show it at timers but we are a close nit support put away your ladies out fits and come join us for a pint deep down you can be alright.

Are you sure?

Hibs v Killie - home win

Ross County - 40

Killie - 39

Partick - 38

Hibs - 38

St. Mirren - 38

Ach I think you are right. I must be suffering from premature congratulation. stan.gif

go and top up your pint then go and put every penny you can on us not being relegated . I will give you 10 to One pm me

Just 10/1 for a 7 team accumulator involving matches between closed matched teams?

Don't take any chances now Lochwinnoch.

I don't need to work it out properly to now that the true odds are nearer 1,000/1 than 10/1.

Thanks!

Is that the only error?

This is all hypothetical by the way in case any c**t blows a fuse. I don't for a minute that we'll go down. Just interested in the maths.

I can't find one tbh, however if you turn RC v Hibs into a draw however I think it is still possible on GD

Hearts v Killie- away win

Ross County v Hibs - draw

Hibs v Killie - home win

I think the table could be:

Hibs -39

Killie - 39

Partick - 38

Ross County - 38

St. Mirren - 38

Tell me if my maths is wrong- it's been a long day!

Are you sure?

Hibs v Killie - home win

Ross County - 40

Killie - 39

Partick - 38

Hibs - 38

St. Mirren - 38

I might just stick a quid on it.

Kilmarnock must WIN tomorrow to keep us in any danger. If they draw or lose tomorrow there is no permutation of results that could see everyone catch us.

All moot anyway, we're on the 7th place express !

We can only now end up 11th on goal difference, and that relies on us losing both our remaining games and another pile of results all going against us.

Like so;

attachicon.gifdoomsday-scenario.JPG

1 - 0 defeats for us with the other scores staying the same would still put us in the play offs due to us having scored less goals than the others on 38 points.