New Contract For Lennon - Got To Be 2 Years

Ok, well what's your explanation? How can a team of kids out perform us?

I've already explained. They only picked up once the pressure was off, and I'm sure many Hearts fans would concur. Our manager managed to galvanise things once the pressure really kicked in. I know which I would favour.

You made a subjective statement with very little basis in evidence, Lex.

I've already explained. They only picked up once the pressure was off, and I'm sure many Hearts fans would concur. Our manager managed to galvanise things once the pressure really kicked in. I know which I would favour.

They managed to get to a semi final. They earned 1 less point than us. All this with a transfer embargo.

What more evidence do you need?

So we have our pick from:

Locke

Shiels

Ferguson B

Bomber

Butcher

And the guy who performed miracles (apparently) by guiding Dumbarton to fifth bottom of the lower league......

Consequently Danny and TC will be welcomed with open arms at either:

Hibs

Dundee Utd

Hearts

Or Motherwell if McAll takes up an offer.

Doesn't,t this strike you as us shipping one management team out, to replace it with a less successful one???

Edited by Lord Pityme

Maybe Alan Johnston, Derek Adams, Terry Butcher and Alan Archinald should all be sacked aswell then.

Jeez here we go.

AJ and AA are new managers in their first season at this level, they deserve a break, just like DL deserved a break in his first season, and he go one.

Terry came in half way through.

There's sections of all of the above support who want their managers sacked.

Rumours in Dingwall say Derek Adams may not be there next season, they still finished above us though.

Hearts had a better season than us, despite playing with a team of kids and having a transfer embargo.

How do you work that out? We won more points than them.

As for their team of kids - 9 under 21 international players, an experienced goalkeeper, a Scotland centre back and two experienced players in Hammil and Stevenson. Hammil, Stevenson and Wilson would all arguably get into our first team.

It could be argued that this Hearts team underachieved with the talent in it...zorro.gif

Cheesy and McGregor aren't experienced? Cheesy has over 100 appearances at this level...

We had far more experience in our squad than Hearts did. Sadly, this never stopped them having a better season than us. The reason they did is because they had a better manager.

Even without the 15 point penalty we finished ahead of Hearts...

Who negotiates the fine detail of contracts and loan deals?

Over the past few years, we have heard various claims as to who was responsible for bringing in this player and that player, so it is difficult to know what to believe at times.

I think it is oversimplifying matters to hold Lennon to account for all the mistakes surrounding the squad. Clearly, he must take primary responsibilty, but the club might also have something to answer for in terms of poor scouting arrangements, and how deals are brokered when players are identified.

Just saying....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Ryan Stevenson has apparently been released by Hearts. We have tried in the past to sign him - good player.

I wonder if Danny might....

Oh, right, maybe not then.

Good to know that we are in such a strong position to start building for the futuredry.png

Ok, well what's your explanation? How can a team of kids out perform us?

They didn't.

Look Lex, we all get it. You don't want Lennon here. You've actually made some really good points to support that view but don't blow your argument out of the water by telling us that Hearts were better or, worse still, Locke is a better manager.

Would you rather have 1 extra point or a national semi final? They had a better season than we did.

1 extra point. Semi finals are quickly forgotten if you havent made it to the final or become winners.

1 extra point that guarantees another season of top flight football? Yep everytime for me.

1 extra point. Semi finals are quickly forgotten if you havent made it to the final or become winners.

1 extra point that guarantees another season of top flight football? Yep everytime for me.

That extra point is worth more financially than reaching a semi final. Since when was losing a semi final seen as an achievement?

Eh it didn't, we would have been safe with 38 points.

A run to the league cup semi final would have been worth a lot of money to the club.

Hearts have out performed us this season despite having a transfer embargo and a manager in his first full season.

There's no case for Danny to remain and I hope he's gone by 3pm.

Ryan Stevenson has apparently been released by Hearts. We have tried in the past to sign him - good player.

I wonder if Danny might....

Oh, right, maybe not then.

Good to know that we are in such a strong position to start building for the futuredry.png

I think we have went in for him about 3 times