New Contract For Lennon - Got To Be 2 Years

I believe a lot of the support only have one big problem with Danny - his appalling dealings in the transfer market. Maybe we need someone else to be a (part-time ?) Direcor of Football to identify and bring in players and let Danny do what he is good at - bringing in young players and winning Cups smile.png

I really like that idea. Shame it won't happen..

I believe a lot of the support only have one big problem with Danny - his appalling dealings in the transfer market. Maybe we need someone else to be a (part-time ?) Direcor of Football to identify and bring in players and let Danny do what he is good at - bringing in young players and winning Cups :)

No way this board would spend the money on such an appointment.

And last year when we finished 11th on 41 points Dundee United finished 6th with 6 more points than us. This year we finished 2 points worse off than last year but 3 places higher... due to Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic all taking more points off the bottom 6 teams than they did last year.

Let's imagine that maybe St Johnstone don't hang on to Stevie May this summer and that Dundee United and Aberdeen lose a few key players during the summer and ICT don't get the same great start they had last season when Butcher was at the helm. The gap between the bottom 6 teams and the lower half of the top 6 could easily shorten again.

Lets say we do improve my 5 or 6 points and finish 6th but are still behind most of St Johnstone, Ross County, ICT, Motherwell again will fans really be happy that we have improved 2 places but not much in terms of points, especially if there are no cup runs?

Let's not bother imagining anything. Let's get a new boss in and try to improve !

I believe a lot of the support only have one big problem with Danny - his appalling dealings in the transfer market. Maybe we need someone else to be a (part-time ?) Direcor of Football to identify and bring in players and let Danny do what he is good at - bringing in young players and winning Cups smile.png

t's the solitary reason I'm inclined to say time to move on. There is a massive rebuilding job required this summer and if last summer is anything to go by then this one will be an utter shambles.

The majority wanted Danny sacked during the season it's amazing how many fans have done a complete u turn after a few good results against bottom of the table teams.

No they didn't. And black and white army isn't a true reflection of the support either.

Just as well! I mean, could you imagine if this place was a true reflection of our support?! There'd be boxing in the stands amongst ourselves every week with folk being flung out for being mad b*stards.

Very true! When you stand back from this forum you probably realise there is a core 30 or so folk that contribute most on certain topics. That's less than 1% of our home support today.

Let's say, let's imagine, let's kid on...

6th place this season has 53 points. We're a long way off the pace.

It's not to outrageous to say that if St Johnstone lose Stevie May over the summer they or anyone else finishing 6th will do well to gain as many as 53 points next season.

Here is a note of 6th, 7th and St Mirren from the last 6 seasons.

2008/09 6th Hibs 47 points, 7th Motherwell 48 points, 10th St Mirren 34 points

2009/10 6th Hearts 48 points, 7th Hamilton 49 points, 11th St Mirren 37 points (we stay up on goal difference)

2010/11 6th Motherwell 46 points, 7th Inverness 53 points, 11th St Mirren 33 points

2011/12 6th St Johnstone 50 points, 7th Killie 47 points, 8th St Mirren 43 points

2012/13 6th Dundee United 47 points, 7th Hibs 51 points, 11th St Mirren 41 points

2013/14 6th St Johnstone 53 points, 7th Ross County 40 points, 8th St Mirren 39 points

Our best season back in the SPL was 2011/12 when we finished 7 points behind 6th place. Last year when we finished 6 points behind 6th place people were calling for DL's head after an abysmal league campaign (even though we have never finished as close to the top 6 judged by points totals).

As Lady MacBeth said "If it were done, when 'tis done then 'twere well it were done quickly", unless the BoD already have a candidate lined up then I'd prefer Lennon to stay, that's not to say that I have total confidence in Lennon but to get what's best for the club then it's best sorted quickly one way or another.

Like I've said before and elsewhere it has to be a two year deal to indicate that the Board has confidence in Lennon (although it may be too late for this now). I've not always been a supporter of a new deal for Lennon but as circumstances have changed so has my opinion and I am now leaning towards wanting a new deal for him. Also contrary to what many folk are suggesting I feel that if new owners come in then stability in the managers role would be of benefit to the club.

The BoD have missed two key times to replace Lennon, just prior to the January transfer window or before the division splits to give a newcomer the best chance to put together a decent squad. Like others I think DL has handled the situation well - much better than the BoD and whatever way the wind blows I wish Danny Lennon all the best.

The majority wanted Danny sacked during the season it's amazing how many fans have done a complete u turn after a few good results against bottom of the table teams.

How did you work that out.1eye.gif

by the way, we were also one of those teams.

Edited by pod

Just as well! I mean, could you imagine if this place was a true reflection of our support?! There'd be boxing in the stands amongst ourselves every week with folk being flung out for being mad b*stards.

What you trying to say, there isn't any mad b*stards. whistling.gif

Its a pretty sad affair when one man glorifies in another's loss of employment.

Are you for real ?????

nb. and just for completeness , were you enraged when John Coughlin got the bullet due to loss of employment ?

Edited by billyg