New Contract For Lennon - Got To Be 2 Years

I've been back and forward on this one to be honest. I don't think he's been so bad that he needs to go but on the other hand things haven't been great and we do need to get our arses out of that bottom six every once in a while.

I will say this though. If he is let go tomorrow then the BOD better have been having clandestine meetings with potential candidates and are ready to appoint otherwise last close season will seem like a walk in the park. Our own players don't know what's up happening with them and we clearly have no potential targets lined up as we're not sure who'll be in charge. Meanwhile, all of our rivals (with the exception of Hibs) are making their plans for next season.

Only we could allow ourselves to be exposed to yet another clusterf**k like this. This should all have been done. Lennon's job should not have hinged on a few games at the arse end of the season and if the BOD didn't fancy him then potential candidates should have been sounded out already.As for the BOD being split? f**k me, how long does it take you lot to make a decision? What are you waiting for?

Horrible situation.

I've been back and forward on this one to be honest. I don't think he's been so bad that he needs to go but on the other hand things haven't been great and we do need to get our arses out of that bottom six every once in a while.

I will say this though. If he is let go tomorrow then the BOD better have been having clandestine meetings with potential candidates and are ready to appoint otherwise last close season will seem like a walk in the park. Our own players don't know what's up happening with them and we clearly have no potential targets lined up as we're not sure who'll be in charge. Meanwhile, all of our rivals (with the exception of Hibs) are making their plans for next season.

Only we could allow ourselves to be exposed to yet another clusterf**k like this. This should all have been done. Lennon's job should not have hinged on a few games at the arse end of the season and if the BOD didn't fancy him then potential candidates should have been sounded out already.As for the BOD being split? f**k me, how long does it take you lot to make a decision? What are you waiting for?

Horrible situation.

A very concise summary and I agree with every word. The delay in making a sensible announcement I assume is down to last minute changes of opinions. Quite a lot of fans seem to have done that too.

He cannot be trusted on the transfer market,,he has wasted tens of thousands, and we need about 6 New players

If he gets punted that will be the reason why.

Too much money wasted, I wouldn't trust him with another budget.

He cannot be trusted on the transfer market,,he has wasted tens of thousands, and we need about 6 New players

I simply don't buy into the line that the 'mistakes' were all down to Danny alone. The Alex Fergusons of this world probably had total control in transfer dealings but in most clubs now there is some collective responsibility. No doubt Danny picked a few duffers - what manager hasn't?- but at times managers are pressured into taking a chance with the odd player and it backfires. At times on this forum we've had howls for Danny to sign damned near anybody. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Does anyone really know how much dosh was made available to Danny? Bet it wasn't much.

Only at St Mirren could we have a Bod so desperate to flog the club that, we approach a new season with f**k all playing and coaching staff.

I fully understand their reasons for wanting to sell, and applaud their actions in pulling the club out of a very desperate hole. But by Christ this is a right royal f**k up of the highest order that was totally avoidable no matter who they wanted to have as manager next season.

Can you see the likes of Newcastle wanting to send their young starlets here again... To a club that will have half a squad and no management by close of play today?

This desperate long drawn out attempt to sell something no one seems to want to buy has paralysed this club. Since they,ve blown AWP out again they don,t even have a collective club-crested mug to piss in!

Who negotiates the fine detail of contracts and loan deals?

Over the past few years, we have heard various claims as to who was responsible for bringing in this player and that player, so it is difficult to know what to believe at times.

I think it is oversimplifying matters to hold Lennon to account for all the mistakes surrounding the squad. Clearly, he must take primary responsibilty, but the club might also have something to answer for in terms of poor scouting arrangements, and how deals are brokered when players are identified.

Just saying....

I think people will find that but for a few of the biggest SPL teams, the rest have squads which are a bit thin and over rely on top earners being fit and on form and plenty of the squads are filled out with young players and punts on foreign imports / lower league players / loan signings. The last season was poor for us in terms of transfers but to pretend that St Mirren alone signed lots of players and then didn't utilise them is completely barking mad; eg Ross County signed 8 players in the summer window and another 7 in the January window.

Signings that worked out fine for us this season: McGowan, Newton, Dilo, Kello, Wylde, Magennis, and I actually thought Harkins was OK and was giving us some goals from midfield during his brief spell in the team as did Campbell during his brief spell in the team.

Are we really saying that when we got anywhere between 5-8 signings about right in 1 season that the manager has to go based on his poor dealings in the transfer market, especially given that we are quite clearly taking punts on younger players and a lot of players untested at SPL level.

I think if DL was staying then he had already laid the groundwork to deal with the problem area of our defence this year: DVZ will be gone, Mair will be gone, Barron is already away, and Grainger was paid off. I'd expect that is 3 decent wages out of 4 who were on the payroll last summer who won't be around next season. I would be amazed if DL and TC do not have a list of key defensive targets in mind and if defence and another striker are not listed as high priorities for this summer.

Hearts had a better season than us, despite playing with a team of kids and having a transfer embargo.

Locke was able to use his background and affinity with the club to fire up the support, and drive on their young players (as much through a sense of righteous indignation as anything else, I'd have thought). Would his attributes be transferable?

Hearts only really kicked on when the pressure was off, and it was confirmed that the club was going down, whereas, arguably our best spell of the season came when Danny and the players were under the greatest pressure.

Hearts had a better season than us, despite playing with a team of kids and having a transfer embargo.

Hearts still had 3 or 4 first team players who are out of our price bracket. The 'they had a team of kids' card has been over-played. Our experienced players in the regular starting XI this year were 1. Jim Goodwin 2. Steven Thompson and 3. once he signed mid-season... Marian Kello.

If you had taken 15 points away from us, we'd still have finished above Hearts. Like ourselves, they've been playing with a core of experienced players like Hamill, McGowan, MacDonald, Stevenson and Wilson supplemented with a selection of youth players.

DL also has a better win percentage.

Hearts still had 3 or 4 first team players who are out of our price bracket. The 'they had a team of kids' card has been over-played. Our experienced players in the regular starting XI this year were 1. Jim Goodwin 2. Steven Thompson and 3. once he signed mid-season... Marian Kello.

Cheesy and McGregor aren't experienced? Cheesy has over 100 appearances at this level...

We had far more experience in our squad than Hearts did. Sadly, this never stopped them having a better season than us. The reason they did is because they had a better manager.

Cheesy and McGregor aren't experienced? Cheesy has over 100 appearances at this level...

We had far more experience in our squad than Hearts did. Sadly, this never stopped them having a better season than us. The reason they did is because they had a better manager.

Drivel.