Saints V Dundee 23Rd August.

Jimmy H

Here's hoping the bell-ends amongst our support give wee Gowser a good reception

tomorrow, after all I know for a fact that he really wanted to stay at St Mirren..

he may have had a indifferent season last year, but over the piece he was a great wee

player for our club, and will always be a cup winning legend...

as for Harkins... wgaf.

Here's hoping the bell-ends amongst our support give wee Gowser a good reception

tomorrow, after all I know for a fact that he really wanted to stay at St Mirren..

he may have had a indifferent season last year, but over the piece he was a great wee

player for our club, and will always be a cup winning legend...

as for Harkins... wgaf.

No matter what our fans think of wee Gowser, for me and my sons he'll always be a St Mirren cup winning legend. As are the other members of the cup winning squad no longer with the club. We should give the wee man a rousing reception and then when the game starts he's an opposition player, get right intae him. :)

Im up for the game tomorrow, I suspect the first 20mins maybe nervy after the last game but i hope we can get into our stride really early and get at these, I could do with seeing a home win, 6 years since the last, 3-1 saints in the end, it will be 1-1 at some point but I think we will finish strong, think i will buy the yellow away kit before the game, might bring me some luck, COYS!!!!

What are the words to the mcginn chant?

I'll be there as usual, cheering on the team and supporting them until the match finishes. Hopefully my fellow supporters will be of similar attitude when inside the stadium so that we can cheer on the players to a victory which would get our season started. Leave your grievances until you get to the pub or back on here and say what you feel you need to say but let's try and have a bit of positivity while at the games.

Come on you Saints and good luck to the two new boys if they get a start or come on as a Substitute!

Spoke to Dundee supporting mate yesterday, he's been fairly satisfied so far this season.

Not won a game but not lost a game.

He's well aware if we win tomorrow we will be equal with them on points with a game in hand so the early season decent run will be nullified for us.

He also mentioned if they win, 6 points in front is a decent cushion at this stage of the season.

Quite hard to predict, first game a more than decent performance, 2nd game, well, conclusively shit.

This is where the management team can be important.

Not just the "who plays where" but the motivation.

I feel the first goal is critical, we score we can go on and win, we lose it, we will be under severe pressure from the usual wallopers in the home "support".

I certainly wouldn't bet on this game. shutup.gif

Spoke to Dundee supporting mate yesterday, he's been fairly satisfied so far this season.

Not won a game but not lost a game.

He's well aware if we win tomorrow we will be equal with them on points with a game in hand so the early season decent run will be nullified for us.

He also mentioned if they win, 6 points in front is a decent cushion at this stage of the season.

Quite hard to predict, first game a more than decent performance, 2nd game, well, conclusively shit.

This is where the management team can be important.

Not just the "who plays where" but the motivation.

I feel the first goal is critical, we score we can go on and win, we lose it, we will be under severe pressure from the usual wallopers in the home "support".

I certainly wouldn't bet on this game. shutup.gif

Did your mate give any clue to the Dundee line up or tactics ?

We need to know ....

no predictions from me, no speculating on team selection, score line or tactics....no reasoned and sensible discussion on how the match will pan out.

Just this.

We better f**king well win and McGowan and Harkins, especially McGowan, better not score for them.

don't care about anything else in this match other than we get one more goal than them.

no predictions from me, no speculating on team selection, score line or tactics....no reasoned and sensible discussion on how the match will pan out.

Just this.

We better f**king well win and McGowan and Harkins, especially McGowan, better not score for them.

don't care about anything else in this match other than we get one more goal than them.

Well said F.J. thumbup2.gif

Early start today,Shull? Hope you're not worrying about the game. I'm a bit nervous but quietly confident. We could use three points very badly today.

Couldnae get back tae sleep for excitement.

Managed another wee hour just there ( after reading matchday thread again ) snore.gif

Up now and raring to go ( tae work then drop wee yin at Panda Club later ) for the big humping of Dundee.

Edited by shull

Having witnessed the Hamilton game, where we were outclassed and outfought, I just have a terrible feeling about Craig. He has brought in a combination of unknown, reserve and lower league players, as well as cast offs. We desperately require a centre half as the current one is useless, so this latest signing of an injury prone player hardly inspires confidence. The first sightings of Craigs other signings (Ball,Marwood Brown and Caldwell)confirm to me that despite having a dreadful season last time out, we have brought in an even lower standard of player for this campaign.Bear in mind that its almost certain that two teams will be relegated this term.Unless Thommo makes an appearance soon,I dont see where goals are coming from, and as I expect us to lose again tomorrow, the pressure will be piling onto Craig (who should never have gotten the job in the first place incidentally)after only three games. I sincerely hope this does not happen but seeing is believing, the new players are just well short of top league standard.

The only person feeling / imagining / creating pressure is you Kermit. We are where we are in terms of attracting players yes it would have been lovely to sign Yaya and Balottelli but hey ho we are St Mirren. I agree (!!!) we need a CB but despite your negativity I have a right good feeling about today. The season starts here I feel.

Couldnae get back tae sleep for excitement.

Managed another wee hour just there ( after reading matchday thread again ) snore.gif

Up now and raring to go ( tae work then drop wee yin at Panda Club later ) for the big humping of Dundee.

4-1 Saints win.

That's not odds that's the prediction.