Questions For The Legends Tonight.

shull

Because I don't care enough! Like it matters compared to trying all they could to stop Rangers dropping below the Championship. Anyway, if I become more of a "keyboard warrior" then he has my number to confront me. Maybe the favour is tied into Aberdeen just giving us Wylde and loaning that useless lump we had for a bit.

I wasn't present at the meeting but apparently The Chairman stated that because of the absence of a certain three clubs from the top division we would be looking at a shortfall of around £300k. Well we knew Rangers would not be there anyway and that the away income from Dundee fans would cancel Hibs loss.That leaves Hearts and income from their support for two matches would have fetched around say £70k assuming an away support of say 1500.Therefore can't see where Mr Gilmour is coming from. I will stand corrected if I am wrong.

I wasn't present at the meeting but apparently The Chairman stated that because of the absence of a certain three clubs from the top division we would be looking at a shortfall of around £300k. Well we knew Rangers would not be there anyway and that the away income from Dundee fans would cancel Hibs loss.That leaves Hearts and income from their support for two matches would have fetched around say £70k assuming an away support of say 1500.Therefore can't see where Mr Gilmour is coming from. I will stand corrected if I am wrong.

You weren't there so you can't be wrong, however, taking some persons "word" on what was said is always tricky as people can hear what they want and turn it into something else altogether.

I'd be happy to here anything from the person who said it, the figures you've quoted, quite rightly don't add up, but assuming the chairman isn't stupid I'd take a chance that there's more to this than you were told.

PS I heard there was lots of things said, some about our "support" but I prefer to leave what was said between the people who were there.

Edited by faraway saint

BuddieinEK. The TV cash is not paid per match but the pot is split amongst clubs I believe. Hence I can't quite work out the £300k shortfall as reported on Twitter.

I know that... you know that... but maybe it is an Armageddon spin?

It was the only factor i could think of... unless he had a premonition that we would be so shite that paying fans would leave in their hoardes!!!!!

Edited by BuddieinEK

I believe you, as you obviously have extensive experience in running an SPFL football club.................................................

SGG did state a short fall due to Hibs/Hertz going down and only one club with a viable support coming up. However , the figure you mention is nowhere near the figure SGG mentioned. .

edited for clarity. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Stick to scouting....

I assume he meant a shortfall from a season with those 3.

Also, Hibs bring far more fans than Dundee. In both their games at Paisley last year they used the overflow section in the West. Dundee weren't near requiring that.

SGG did state a short fall due to Hibs/Hertz going down and only one club with a viable support coming up. However , the figure you mention is nowhere near the figure SGG mentioned. .

edited for clarity. .

I'm pretty sure that Stewart said the figure was £70k and to make up the shortfall we have removed one player from the squad and still need to find some savings elsewhere.

I assume he meant a shortfall from a season with those 3.

Also, Hibs bring far more fans than Dundee. In both their games at Paisley last year they used the overflow section in the West. Dundee weren't near requiring that.

You're talking Hospitality as well as they charge more for the Edinburgh clubs

They should have been honest about the budget and all the guff about TC being the right man

Pre-season was all about cost cutting and we have no problems about that

People are more understanding when you're honest about things

FFS. We've had a shortfall since the demise of a certain Glasgow club, add two Edinburgh clubs and the total gets bigger.

Get along to these meetings and don't listen to gossip.