The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Shull - get real.

The fact that we haven't taken the lead in any match this season shows how pathetic the manager is, he clearly shows lack of encouragement to the players to go out and actually take the lead, we could still take the lead in games and lose, but this constant going behind in games shows the lack of confidence in the squad, the fault of which lies soley with one man which is Tommy Craig.

Tommy should do the honourable thing and resign, he is an embarassment to every single St Mirren supporter.

Next bizarre post please?

PS Are you 14?

Edited by faraway saint

We then won 4 out of 5, and 14 out of the next 21 pts.

Look at these upcoming fixtures,

Celtic (h), Aberdeen (a), St Johnstone (a), Inverness (h), County (h), United (a), Partick (h)

Somehow I can't see a similar run happening.

Half way there with 4 games to go :)

Some absolute gold in this thread. ' everyone knows we will finish 11th ' blah blah.

We've had a shite start, and we're still out the bottom 2. Wait till we start playing well :)

Well it's international break time again and time for an initial assessment of the TC era.

Unconvincing, 10th in a weak SPFL and out of the League Cup. Unlucky in losing ST to injury although we seem to be coping in that area in recent weeks but we are frail in defence having kept only one clean sheet in eleven attempts (the LC game against Thistle when they scored in extra time online2long.gif ) - we are shy of a CH and our back-up for JG is injury prone. Here's a poser - what happens if JG gets suspended before Osbourne recovers from injury?

On the plus side STcloud9.gif said on Sportscene last night that he should be back in 6-8 weeks and with the current international break and another in November that's only 4/5 league games till a possible return.

After the travails of last season it's hard to envisage a scenario in which the BoD would sack TC so most probably he's here for the duration - anyway in a report card style my verdict so far is could do better.

Still to be resolved in Osbourne's case but after Granny Danger and EDD this is potentially the third time in a row we've stuck our finger into the pie and pulled out a sour plum. With the uncertainty over ST and Gary Teale not looking like putting in too many 90 minutes anyone we sign in January must be 110% fit.

Isaac Osbourne summed it up best when he said All Aboard the Crazy Train...............

It's certainly not been a great start. However, we have been unlucky with injuries and suspensions to key players and our new youngsters took their time to get used to the unforgiving rigours of playing so many minutes at this level.

It seems that in the last few weeks though, they have started to adapt and the results show this. From our last 4 games we have 7 points from 3 away games, and we were unlucky not to get something from Celtic. We are currently in superb form.

Tommy seems to have built a team spirit like nothing we had under DL and he deserves credit for that. To get 4 points from losing positions in successive tough away games with such young players isn't an accident. Our team never gives up and their work rate is largely excellent.

Tommy seems to use subs far better than his predecessor too. Throwing Ball and Caldwell on at half time against Dunfermline won us the match from a losing position. Again, Ball coming on against Thistle turned the match on it's head and we went from losing to winning. His 3 subs - Brown, Caldwell and Drury - combined superbly to win us the match on Saturday.

Like any new manager though, he's made mistakes. Starting Marwood upfront himself at Kilmarnock and Firhill was the wrong selection and i am sure he realises this now. I feel he persisted with Cheesy and Plummer for too long too, and it's no surprise our fortunes changed when Goodwin went back to centre half.

I also feel this is a slightly unfair time to draw a line in the sand, although I understand the convenience of it. A better time would be after 11 games, when we have been round the block once and played everyone.

We are two games away from that, and those two games are at home to the highland teams, one of whom is bottom of the league. From three home games against the highland teams last season we won 2 and drew 1.

Hypothesising alert, but I feel it's relevant. If that trend continues and we garner 4 points from those 2 matches we will be on 11 after the first round. Averaging a point a game is not a bad start to the season, not good but not bad. If that continues for the rest of the season we will obviously finish on 38 points, we got 39 last season. You'd also expect the points per game return to go up post split as the average standard of opponent goes down and as our senior players come back.

38 would most likely be enough to keep us above 11th.

It's certainly not been a great start. However, we have been unlucky with injuries and suspensions to key players and our new youngsters took their time to get used to the unforgiving rigours of playing so many minutes at this level.

It seems that in the last few weeks though, they have started to adapt and the results show this. From our last 4 games we have 7 points from 3 away games, and we were unlucky not to get something from Celtic. We are currently in superb form.

Tommy seems to have built a team spirit like nothing we had under DL and he deserves credit for that. To get 4 points from losing positions in successive tough away games with such young players isn't an accident. Our team never gives up and their work rate is largely excellent.

Tommy seems to use subs far better than his predecessor too. Throwing Ball and Caldwell on at half time against Dunfermline won us the match from a losing position. Again, Ball coming on against Thistle turned the match on it's head and we went from losing to winning. His 3 subs - Brown, Caldwell and Drury - combined superbly to win us the match on Saturday.

Like any new manager though, he's made mistakes. Starting Marwood upfront himself at Kilmarnock and Firhill was the wrong selection and i am sure he realises this now. I feel he persisted with Cheesy and Plummer for too long too, and it's no surprise our fortunes changed when Goodwin went back to centre half.

I also feel this is a slightly unfair time to draw a line in the sand, although I understand the convenience of it. A better time would be after 11 games, when we have been round the block once and played everyone.

We are two games away from that, and those two games are at home to the highland teams, one of whom is bottom of the league. From three home games against the highland teams last season we won 2 and drew 1.

Hypothesising alert, but I feel it's relevant. If that trend continues and we garner 4 points from those 2 matches we will be on 11 after the first round. Averaging a point a game is not a bad start to the season, not good but not bad. If that continues for the rest of the season we will obviously finish on 38 points, we got 39 last season. You'd also expect the points per game return to go up post split as the average standard of opponent goes down and as our senior players come back.

38 would most likely be enough to keep us above 11th.

Last season 38 points would have resulted in a two way tie for 10th/11th discounting Hearts 15 point deduction! unsure.png If Celtic continue with their indifferent league form it might be more like two seasons ago when we finished in 11th with 41 points - the absence of Rangers changes the dynamics of the division as will the play-off spot when the split comes as it's possible/likely that like (sic) last season all of the teams (bar Hearts & they would have been besides they had their own target to aim for - finishing within 15 points of Hibs nerd.gif ) in the bottom six will be involved in the relegation/play off issue.

Obviously it's too early to speculate.................laugh.png

I feel he persisted with Cheesy and Plummer for too long too, and it's no surprise our fortunes changed when Goodwin went back to centre half.

Good post TC, however I don't agree with the bit above. When Plummer and Goodwin were playing at the back v Partick we lost a bad first goal through a Plummer error. Our fortunes actually changed since Plummer went out injured.

• 2 weeks later...

Craig out. Shuffling around technical area today with both hands in pockets, looking at the ground is hardly inspiring stuff especially after five home defeats in a row. Very few managers survive six.

Needs to tell Teale he has plenty of time in the future to be posing around in a tracksuit putting out cones. We need him on the park just now, while he still can.

Win Tommy you get a wee pat on the back. Lose you are put up against a wall and machine gunned to a tea bag. Draw seems to be acceptable.

Thankfully the forum is but a small part of the support. Some of us realize that a good few key players are missing which will affect the team. Keep working hard and I'm sure when at full strength then results will come more often.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Craig out. Shuffling around technical area today with both hands in pockets, looking at the ground is hardly inspiring stuff especially after five home defeats in a row. Very few managers survive six.

Needs to tell Teale he has plenty of time in the future to be posing around in a tracksuit putting out cones. We need him on the park just now, while he still can.[/quot

What at a tosser!

So what do you want the manager to do... Take to the field? Jeez do you have to be a complete moron all in one post?

The thing about supporters is they tend to support... Where as you.......?