Alex Neil

smfcuk

Danny Lennon for Hamilton

Would be a perfect fit for Lennon imo. The whole squad is set up to play football the way Lennon idolises and there's a heavy focus on youth development. He should be one of the people Accies interview.

Also, this move of Neil to Norwich could be our saving grace this season.... Neil is/was heavily involved in all development and adult squads at the club. Many of the players that are now in the first team were coached by Neil through the age groups. If he were to go, we possibly could see Accies on the slide. With a new manager and new ideas that the boys might not fancy, not giving that extra 5% for the manager as they're not attached as they were to Alex Neil. We seen it with TC and our boys. Hopefully we'll see Accies down our end of the table soon.

Would be a perfect fit for Lennon imo. The whole squad is set up to play football the way Lennon idolises and there's a heavy focus on youth development. He should be one of the people Accies interview.

Also, this move of Neil to Norwich could be our saving grace this season.... Neil is/was heavily involved in all development and adult squads at the club. Many of the players that are now in the first team were coached by Neil through the age groups. If he were to go, we possibly could see Accies on the slide. With a new manager and new ideas that the boys might not fancy, not giving that extra 5% for the manager as they're not attached as they were to Alex Neil. We seen it with TC and our boys. Hopefully we'll see Accies down our end of the table soon.

Not this season SV! Hamilton on 39 points are already safe from the bottom 2, in fact, bottom 6 places in the league.

I dislike Accies more than Mor*on . .

They have a smaller support than Mort*n as well. .

So let's hope Accies just slide slowly back to where they firmly belong , maybe they could even meet Hibs in a playoff position , that would be interesting. .

No chance of St Mirren catching Hamilton, none what so ever.

I've got to say also that I don't think there will be a long queue of people wanting to manage Hamilton. After all where can they take them? Hamilton are unlikely to win the league. It's more likely that the club will sell off a crop of their young starlets and the whole process will start again. If a new manager does manage to continue Neils work it'll take years before Neill stops getting the credit for it and if the side does slide down the table the new manager won't have measured up to Neil's legacy.

I've got to say though Alex Neil has done a fantastic job at Hamilton. He deserves the step up in the game, and the only thing that puzzles me about all of this is why clubs like Rangers, St Mirren and even Motherwell would have ignored him as a potential candidate for their vacancies.

No chance of St Mirren catching Hamilton, none what so ever.

I've got to say also that I don't think there will be a long queue of people wanting to manage Hamilton. After all where can they take them? Hamilton are unlikely to win the league. It's more likely that the club will sell off a crop of their young starlets and the whole process will start again. If a new manager does manage to continue Neils work it'll take years before Neill stops getting the credit for it and if the side does slide down the table the new manager won't have measured up to Neil's legacy.

I've got to say though Alex Neil has done a fantastic job at Hamilton. He deserves the step up in the game, and the only thing that puzzles me about all of this is why clubs like Rangers, St Mirren and even Motherwell would have ignored him as a potential candidate for their vacancies.

We didn't just ignore him, we ignored everybody :(

Aye... his experience as a manager really has served him and Accies well.

;)

You could argue that if a club like Hamilton are mid-table in the Championship part way through a season it's not a bad time to appoint the captain (who has done his coaching badges) as player-manager. They were pretty much out of the running for a tilt at promotion that season. A slightly different scenario to St Mirren's predicament of being in the relegation zone facing a drop from the SPL to the Championship while the club is up for sale and heading for possibly a record low points haul where it is not unreasonable to think an experienced manager has a better chance of sorting out a team which can't stop conceding goals in every game and has lost 3/4 of its league matches this year.

Hamilton promote from within; Martin Canning has been coaching their under 20's in much the same way that Alex Neil did before he took over from Billy Reid.

I can't find a bookie online offering a next Hamilton manager market otherwise I'd be having a few bob on Martin Canning.

Edit - just spotted on the BBC website that Martin Canning has been appointed Hamilton's caretaker manager, probably explains the lack of betting opportunities. Damn.

Edited by Al Bundy