Dean Shiels

TsuMirren

Were you at Firhill?

Thompson is far from finished.

Your opinion of Arquin is based on what exactly? I thought he showed a lot of promise.

Ball is an adequate back up bench warmer.

I was indeed at firhill. Care to remind me exactly what Thompson contributed during his time on the park?

My opinion is based on the games Arquin has played for us already and the times i've seen him at County. He's an erratic forward that misses glaring opertunities, has a regular habit of standing offside thus killing any attack we create and is a cheat.

Ball just isnt good enough. For a striker thats desperate for goals and is judged on his goalscoring tally. He spends more time out wide crossing balls into the area where he should be in the first place.

I was indeed at firhill. Care to remind me exactly what Thompson contributed during his time on the park?

My opinion is based on the games Arquin has played for us already and the times i've seen him at County. He's an erratic forward that misses glaring opertunities, has a regular habit of standing offside thus killing any attack we create and is a cheat.

Ball just isnt good enough. For a striker thats desperate for goals and is judged on his goalscoring tally. He spends more time out wide crossing balls into the area where he should be in the first place.

Thompson won a nomber of headers that he flicked on.

He won a number of tackles that he had no right to win.

He also wound up Osman causing the beast to be removed from play.

He inspired the crowd (yourself excepted, obviously ).

He lasted almost 90 minutes and looked a damned sight fitter than most despite his long lay off.

Apart from that, I admit he did sod all.

Oh.. and re Ball... I totally agree that under Craig that was his game...

For me it showed his passion and effort, as he was never going to get a touch of the ball otherwise.

Thompson's not finished but it's probably his last season as a regular starter!

So would agree we need a new forward. Arquin might show promise but his conduct means you can't rely on him!

Ball should be a good player comes from Derby a good championship club in England. But never looks fit always seems 2 yards behind everyone else. But what really annoys me is he still seems a bit on the heavy side for a footballer!

This far into the season I would expect more both in performance and fitness!

Currier is wanted by clubs in China and clubs in England acording to the papers. And that means he's out our wage structure so never going to happen!

As for another striker coming in that probably won't happen either! We have needed a Central defender for 5/6 years now.. still don't have one!

The board don't do forward thinking!

The board don't spend money on decent wages even though they sell our best player for peanuts to a rival with 10 hours to go in the transfer window who was reported to be one of our highest earners!

No signing a striker goes against the Board policy of penny pinichinh! So never going to happen.

Rant over

This seems to be a trend for target men we sign: Thompson, Mehmet etc have all done it in the past.

You do realize Thompson has been out for most the season. Bloody hell give the guy a chance to get at least 6 games under his belt.

Apart from big Thommo St Mirren park has been somewhat of a graveyard for strikers in recent times. Anyone coming in has a hard job emulating big Thommo's goal tally of the past few seasons. Having said that I like Arquin and think he could be a very important player in this the business end of the season.

It's maybe the one thing missing from our current crop of good youngsters coming out of Ralston, a big 6 foot 2 striker.

Apart from big Thommo St Mirren park has been somewhat of a graveyard for strikers in recent times. Anyone coming in has a hard job emulating big Thommo's goal tally of the past few seasons. Having said that I like Arquin and think he could be a very important player in this the business end of the season.

It's maybe the one thing missing from our current crop of good youngsters coming out of Ralston, a big 6 foot 2 striker.

We had one. he left..... Michael Higdon and he went to silly wee Motherwell hardly a giant of the game

And a CH, No?

Kenny Shiels in the press today moaning about Rangers ruining Dean's career, due to not getting a game recently and missing out on international caps, what the f**k did he think was going to happen? Twat, your boy sold his career when he decided to move to Sevco in the 3rd division.

Well said sir

Kenny Shiels in the press today moaning about Rangers ruining Dean's career, due to not getting a game recently and missing out on international caps, what the f**k did he think was going to happen? Twat, your boy sold his career when he decided to move to Sevco in the 3rd division.

He's his father so obviously he's biased but I remember when he signed for them Kenny was on Sportscene addressing the Killie fans saying it was a decision the boy had to make for his family etc blah blah.

You reap what you sow.