This Snp Candidate Just Oozes Class

Stuart Dickson

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-what-snp-candidate-paisley-5118483

Do you know, I really don't mind the idea that the lass has some opinions of her own even if her goal appears to be to "stick the nut" in some Labour politicians. My problem with her is more that she's clearly a keyboard ninja who clearly lacks the conviction of her posts on Twitter. No? Well it would be interesting during the General Election campaign to hold her to account. How many Labour politicians have you actually stuck the nut into? What exactly will you do about Celtic if elected? And can you educate us all on how exactly you go out for a night on the piss, wake up next to half a can of Tennants, a pizza and more money than you left the house with? Did you steal the pizza? Did you mug a pensioner? Or did you find someone blind enough to pay you for sex?

As much as I dislike the Natsi's I can't get all that angry about this girl. It's kind of like when Godfrey Bloom stood up in front of a small number of UKIP members - most of them women - and he called them all sluts to much laughter from the room. The only thing going against the girl is that I think it's pretty cowardly to claim on Twitter that you want to stick the nut in people and then to not have the backbone to actually do it. I would have genuinely liked to have known how you go out for the night, get drunk, wake up with a can of lager and a pizza and have more money than you left the house with - but then she is from Paisley so the chances are she just mugged someone.

It'll be interesting to see how the party respond to the negative coverage though. Will Sturgeon stand by her wee pal? And how many others amongst these new SNP candidates are going to have embarrassing pasts? Have the SNP been rigorous in their background checks?

Just a few questions.

Where does it say she is from Paisley?

She mentions a particular incident and said she had to restrain herself from sticking the nut. Where does she actually threaten to do it?

Why have you got a hardon for everything SNP?

She drinks beer and eats pizza, she will end up looking like you.

More importantly, which grade A tit thought it would be appropriate to allow a 20 year old kid to stand for election?

Minimum age should be 40 subject to a minimum 10 years working outside politics.

More importantly, which grade A tit thought it would be appropriate to allow a 20 year old kid to stand for election?

Minimum age should be 40 subject to a minimum 10 years working outside politics.

What age was Douglas Alexander when he was elected?

You have to be 21 to stand as a candidate for Westminster. I assume she will be 21 by the election date. After the poll suggesting the SNP would win this seat I'm surprised they didn't find a more experienced candidate.

But there lies the problem with the SNP. They have no strength in depth. Salmond and Sturgeon are great at what they do (though I wouldn't trust hem as far as I could throw them) but after that a serious lack of talent.

After the bad news of the poll I'm sure Douglas Alexander slept a little easier when he SNP candidate was announced.

I agree with Oaksoft. No-one of that age should be anywhere near standing for parliament. Ridiculous right on "we trust the young people" "the young people's voice should be heard" political correctness.

And that is not even taking in to consideration the thoughts and words of that particular candidate which show extreme bad character.

Don't care what party she represents. That is not the issue.

Never mind lowering the voting age to 16, I would RAISE it to 21!

I agree with Oaksoft. No-one of that age should be anywhere near standing for parliament. Ridiculous right on "we trust the young people" "the young people's voice should be heard" political correctness.

And that is not even taking in to consideration the thoughts and words of that particular candidate which show extreme bad character.

So you support taxation without representation?

I would happily raise the voting age to 21 if you were exempt from tax to that age.

I had high hopes of Alexander being punted but fear the SNP have messed that up now.

Have to agree.

Alexander's seat is there for the taking.

The SNP should have put an experienced candidate up for election. I actually voted for the other candidate after reading the blurb about the candidates. Age was one of the reasons that I didn't vote for the successful candidate..

Someone mentioned lack of strength in depth. Sadly it's all to obvious that this is a UK wide problem with all parties.

You only have to look at Labour's recent appointment of Jim Murphy, which has been an unmitigated disaster.

TBF I support a voting age of 16.

Getting into a position of potentially huge importance, influence and responsibility however is a different matter.

That requires experience and experience comes with age as a bare minimum.

Remember the excitement when guys like Cameron, Blair and Hague all made PM or party leadership?

The excitement was because they were so young.

Not one of those three left a decent legacy behind them. All of them caused more problems than they solved.

There's an obsession with the supposed virtue, brilliance and energy of youth which is ill-founded.

The young may well be the future but it's the middle aged who are the present and it's the present which counts.

I should make that my new motto.

Just my view, in regard to a previous post about the SNP - Salmond, Sturgeon and Swinney are smart politicians, but once you get below them? Hmm.

We just had someone at the door a few days ago from Cumbernauld SNP, going round asking if we were likely to vote SNP in the election. My response was I would consider it, if I thought they were putting up a candidate of merit that if elected, looked capable of representing our area well. I explained that I vote based on my perception of each candidate's ability. In the past, I voted for Annabel Goldie (Conservative), because she is an able politician. She didn't win - gubbed by a Labour monkey bashing two cymbals together. No matter, that's democracy. Up here, I have voted Lib Dem - after their candidate was a local guy who had been in the Marines, and after that went back to study as a mature student to forge a new career. That's a bit of gumption, he didn't win either. Pumped by a Labour monkey bashing two cymbals together. I have voted SNP a couple of times, and Labour a couple of times, after their monkey was away getting new Duracell batteries fitted, and they actually put up a candidate that had a bit of oomph about them. That worked out well, because he won - then came through for me when I contacted him in a long running dispute with a large organisation that were acting the Joe Cnut. One letter from my MP and it got sorted.

The SNP guy at the door accepted this method of voting was as good as any, each to their own though.

TBF I support a voting age of 16.

Getting into a position of potentially huge importance, influence and responsibility however is a different matter.

That requires experience and experience comes with age as a bare minimum.

Remember the excitement when guys like Cameron, Blair and Hague all made PM or party leadership?

The excitement was because they were so young.

Not one of those three left a decent legacy behind them. All of them caused more problems than they solved.

There's an obsession with the supposed virtue, brilliance and energy of youth which is ill-founded.

The young may well be the future but it's the middle aged who are the present and it's the present which counts.

I should make that my new motto.

totally agree... on a local level, I vote for the best person, not the party. Tactical voting annoys be. FFS stand up for what you believe in... not what you are told will be most advantageous! I have voted for members of four different parties at different times.

I am not party led... but needs led!

Guest TPAFKATS

Have to agree.

The SNP should have put an experienced candidate up for election. I actually voted for the other candidate after reading the blurb about the candidates. Age was one of the reasons that I didn't vote for the successful candidate..

Someone mentioned lack of strength in depth. Sadly it's all to obvious that this is a UK wide problem with all parties.

You only have to look at Labour's recent appointment of Jim Murphy, which has been an unmitigated disaster.

Wee Duggie is a member of the shadow cabinet, runs labour election campaigns and probably has one of the largest labour majorities in Scotland.

This might be why such an inexperienced candidate was put forth.

The plan would've been that she could cut her teeth here and then stand again for Holyrood next year.

Of course labour have made such a right royal c**t of it in Scotland recently that suddenly she has a serious chance of winning.

The double standards of the Record bleating about this trivia while ignoring similar and worse behaviour from elected labour MP's is typical.

Wee Duggie is a member of the shadow cabinet, runs labour election campaigns and probably has one of the largest labour majorities in Scotland.

This might be why such an inexperienced candidate was put forth.

The plan would've been that she could cut her teeth here and then stand again for Holyrood next year.

Of course labour have made such a right royal c**t of it in Scotland recently that suddenly she has a serious chance of winning.

The double standards of the Record bleating about this trivia while ignoring similar and worse behaviour from elected labour MP's is typical.

What worse behaviour from elected Labour MP's has been ignored?

Have to agree.

True, but that's why the Scottish Parliament is a complete waste of time. We are spreading the talent pool far too thinly and there are a lot of MSP's who should never have got past their local town hall claiming a rather large wage plus expenses.

By all accounts these tweets about hating Celtic dated back to when she was 14. Just goes to show what depths the likes of the Record will stoop to smear anything that isn't Labour.

And we all remember Gordon Brown being caught off camera labelling some old dear down in Yorkshire a 'bigot' when confronted during the latter days of the last election campaign. Conveniently forgotten by the Record.

Expect more of this shit during the next three months.