Nigel Pearson - Is He For Real

Seaside Nipper

Sacked or not sacked , irrespective, only a matter of time.

If there's a bigger bully boy wanna be hard man in football, well I've not seen him. His attempts to belittle anyone who questions him in post match interviews are true value, if measured in cringes.

I think this bloke is seriously going mad.

Always been an arrogant tosspot , but his recent antics are truly bewildering. Allegedly tells an abusive fan to phuck off and die , then grapples with Mcarthur on the touch line and claims it was just banter.

This guy is limited old school hard man boss, time he took himself and phucked right off imo.

Absolutely no doubt that McArthur said something to him.

Personally, I would say that McArthur said something not so nice and then "shit it" after Pearson's reaction.

Pearson acted like a man possessed though.

The guy is obviously under a lot of pressure, but he should be setting an example.

Absolutely no doubt that McArthur said something to him.

Personally, I would say that McArthur said something not so nice and then "shit it" after Pearson's reaction.

Pearson acted like a man possessed though.

The guy is obviously under a lot of pressure, but he should be setting an example.

McArthur was on the verge of a transfer to Leicester during the summer , then signed for CP , bound to have been connected to that !

The man is a full blown headcase!

It gets worse and truly more bizarre, it's like he thinks he's untouchable. It appears he's borderline uncontrollable more like, then all this dismissing of everyone who asks him questions. Kind of expect him to turn up at the next press conference with a baseball bat.

What happened with McArthur and his potential transfer to Leicester?

Same thing I suppose as happens with a lot of transfers. One minute it's on, the next it's not. Seems like he was coming to the sunshine city then before you know it he's signed for Palace. Guess his agent probably got involved and turned his head til he could get as much money as possible for him? That's what they do...

"turned his head?"

If I was offered more money and a decent pad in London over signing for Leicester (no offence), living in Leicester (no offence) and playing for that nutcase my agent wouldn't really need to do too much head spinning.

I didn't speak to one person after the game who didn't think 'what the f**k was he playing at!?'.

Having said that, McArthur is a dick and Pearson should've just let Wasilewski take him out 5 minutes later in the next 50/50.

Why is McArthur a dick?

"turned his head?"

If I was offered more money and a decent pad in London over signing for Leicester (no offence), living in Leicester (no offence) and playing for that nutcase my agent wouldn't really need to do too much head spinning.

What I mean is he was pretty far down the road of signing for Leicester. Maybe Pearson's a bit pissed off that everything was going pretty smoothly until quite late on, and felt he'd been given the runaround and been misled by the player and his agent?

Maybe they'd even looked out a 'decent pad' for him...?

• 4 months later...

Sacked.

Due to " fundamental differences in perspective" existing between him and his board.

A tad harsh after their great escape.

Sounds like something going on behind the scenes. Very strange timing and reasons.

Maybe something to do with his son's recent sacking? Or is it to do with all the recent big money signings? Something Pearson's not renowned for. So, I wonder if they've maybe been signed for him, rather than by him. Pure speculation on my part, but it might explain the quote, and it would add up.

Who's next? Expect a big name/pedigree.