Relegation Or Into The Red?

Stating the obvious, but this has been a horrific season. Some bad officiating decisions along the way, but no excuse, we are by far the worst team in the league.

Tuesday was particularly disappointing given the way we rolled over and gave in. As supporters, we were all pretty gutted and some, angry.

Looking at things in the cold light of day, I have consoled myself by saying I would rather be relegated than go into the red. If our financial position was/is so precarious that what we had in terms of both players and management were genuinely what we could afford, then so be it.

I don't know if we will or could ever find the real answer to the above.

I accept that we have a limited income from the support, but is it hugely less than teams around us in the bottom half of the league?

Do these teams all have a sugar-daddy..................or are they down the road of debt and possibly ruin?

Have we seriously mis-managed similar funding as available the others, or have we just been mis-managed in a football sense, and not made the most of funding during player deals?

Hopefully the BOD will be considering all of these and more in the forthcoming weeks. It would be good to get an open view from them on these

As I said at the start, if we did the best we could with the finances available, including selling Kenny McLean (as has been suggested to keep us afloat) I'm prepared to accept relegation as being the outcome rather than going into the red.

If we blew it at BOD and management level, lessons have to be learned and sorted

Sad and disappointed, but SMFC are my club, always will be.

I suspect paying off numerous contracts awarded to dud players and a manager thrown in for good measure, hasn't helped.

As always, its easy to snipe from the sidelines, but suffice to say a number of truly awful decisions has cost the club dearly in more ways than one.

Edited by Drew

I suspect paying off numerous contracts awarded to dud players and a manager thrown in for good measure, hasn't helped.

As always, its easy to snipe from the sidelines, but suffice to say a number of truly awful decisions has cost the club dearly in more ways than one.

I would tend to concur. .

What we are currently experiencing is the consequence of certain , effectively financial decisions , over a period of years culminating in this seasons situation . I believe that the absence of HIbs and Hertz from the league has also contributed it . .

I'm hearing rumours now that the BoD will now sell to the fans. .

The financial predicament that is now being touted by the BOD via Chick Young is a smokescreen for a number of poor decisions made at board level. If the club is allegedly in the red then the blame lies only at one door and that is the BOD.

The lack of finance in the club comes down to poor marketing of the club by the BOD, the club not embracing the fans, lack of use of the facilities 13 out of 14 days every fortnight and the poor results on the pitch.

The financial predicament that is now being touted by the BOD via Chick Young is a smokescreen for a number of poor decisions made at board level. If the club is allegedly in the red then the blame lies only at one door and that is the BOD.

The lack of finance in the club comes down to poor marketing of the club by the BOD, the club not embracing the fans, lack of use of the facilities 13 out of 14 days every fortnight and the poor results on the pitch.

Amen to that !

What we are currently experiencing is the consequence of certain , effectively financial decisions , over a period of years culminating in this seasons situation . I believe that the absence of HIbs and Hertz from the league has also contributed it . .

The rest of the SPL clubs have had to endure the absence of Hearts & Hibs too, most seem to have coped just fine or no worse than they done with Hearts & Hibs in the division

To me, it looks like the Bod shat themselves at the financial strife they were predicting.

why should we now reward the board

for there piss poor decisions dont the get it they are over valuing there shares

there 75per is only worth buttons now they must think were stupid

let them sort out there mess

they want to walk away TOUGH

THEY CAN SUFFER NOW IN THERE POCKETS

why should we now reward the board

for there piss poor decisions dont the get it they are over valuing there shares

there 75per is only worth buttons now they must think were stupid

let them sort out there mess

they want to walk away TOUGH

THEY CAN SUFFER NOW IN THERE POCKETS

Well, aye, but at the expense of the club?

I wonder who ended up having to buy most of the shares at the last share issue? Anyone know?

Can't help thinking that this time round that SMISA would have had the appetite to hoover up a chunk of the shares, but would say that it's a certainty that the existing board (those in the 51% club) neither have the appetite to invest further nor let there shareholding % drop if they didn't invest, so it seems that they view doing nothing as the lesser evil to their goals.

Keep thinking of Bullseye for some reason while reading this thread...

Stay in the black, and out of the red,

Unless like the Rangers, you want to be dead.

Relax SG, your majority shareholding and tankards are safe, but let's see what you could have won...

Relax SG, your majority shareholding and tankards are safe, but let's see what you could have won...

A speedboat with no f**kin rudder ! No change there then !

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

A speedboat with no f**kin rudder ! No change there then !

Or they could use the "The comprehensive set of encyclopaedias" to find out what a "football manager" is supposed to do.dry.png

Eeeen One it's a goalkeeper with no distribution skills

Eeeen two it's a young full back neglecting the main talent he has piling on pounds getting slower and ballsing up the potential we all thought he had

Eeeen 4 it's the directors big daft son hemorrhaging goals but playing a decent game every 5 or 6, signed for ever

Eeen 6 It's an old grey haired nutter wandering aimlessly about your penalty box when not suspended

and Eeen 8 Bullyshit's special prize as pointless as a speedboat in your drive, Alan Gow

Why do you think fan ownership would be a bad thing?

Because there is always the chance that people like you manage to take charge and influence things.

Then when things go wrong they'd spend months or years chirping negatively in the background.

No offence but that would be a disaster.

Because there is always the chance that people like you manage to take charge and influence things.

Then when things go wrong they'd spend months or years chirping negatively in the background.

No offence but that would be a disaster.

Oaky, I Salute your indefatigably, Jings Pishy fae Wishy is in Hiding, Thank Fcuk you are still around ! punk.gif