A Simple Error Of Judgement

Fairly sure we re-signed Paul McGowan and Connor Newton after the cup win but I guess it doesn't suit the Danny-bashers to include the successes among the stats.

Danny learned from the many mistakes he made in his debut season with us. His final year had lots of bad signings* and he was also hamstrung by the types of contracts DVZ and Mair had signed which meant he had 2 highish earners and senior players who either had to be frozen out or they would automatically get new contracts. If stories of losing the dressing room / a revolt by senior players are close to the truth during his last season it is entirely possible that our biggest underachieving senior players this season may have been axed as part of a clear out: Teale, Goodwin, Thompson and other senior players brought in to help bring on the younger players. DL had started a clear out with Barron, DVZ and Mair being moved on and I'm sure other players days were numbered too had he stayed.

* It is probably the case that a decent percentage of the wage budget for his final season was used up bringing in McGowan, Newton, Grainger and Harkins who should all have been decent signings on paper. I also thought Dillo did OK when he played for the first team and seem to remember a few folks wanting the club to tie him on a longer contract after his first few games.

Then the perfect storm, there was obviously some takeover activity going on around Christmas time with the English and/or Argentinian consortium. It would have made no sense for the BOD to bring in a new man while a takeover bid was ongoing, so they had to stick with Teale as caretaker. By the time the takeover deals had died the January window was done, and it made sense to stick with Teale until the end of the season.

Complete nonsense, if you are spending 1.5m on buying a club it makes no difference if there is a manager in place or not. The BOD were lazy.

If I recall correctly there was over 300 polled. I did say of those polled.

Of course there wasn't a referendum of every Saints fans, but those backing him at the tail end of last season were few and far between.

Look up (how would you vote on the board meeting on Danny's new contract) thread...

Not often your right TC, but your wrong again....laugh.png

Would have posted the thread if I knew how...1eye.gif

Boaky oaky lol.gif:

Quote me.

I don't need to bother. The forum twattometer hooter sounded the moment you asked and Stu supplied the necessary slam dunk.

Why didn't you just admit it up front. Does it pleasure you to be made to look a numpty?

Or is it possible.....did you actually.......could it be that you thought nobody would remember you posting as Lex? lol.gif

Edited by oaksoft

Stop talking about danny lennon history. Move on he would havenot done any better with this group of players

He did do a lot better with a very similar starting XI with last year's squad, as in almost 20 points better, as in higher up the league than Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock!

ETA: and players like Kello, Naismith, Kelly, McGinn, Thompson all looked a lot more effective (and fitter) when managed by DL... McLean had similarly good patches under DL as he did during his best month under Teale. McAusland also was better under DL than TC or GT.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Of course nowhere there do I say I want a relegation on Danny's CV. I say if we go down it shouldn't be another manager taking the hit for him.

Quite different things.

Careful now, you're backpeddling so quickly you might trip and hurt yourself.

I'd think you'd find that the bottom club will still go down Colin

Depends on the scale of the reconstruction Chris

Of course nowhere there do I say I want a relegation on Danny's CV. I say if we go down it shouldn't be another manager taking the hit for him.

Quite different things.

lol.gif :

"If we do go down I want it on his CV, I don't want a patsy coming in and taking the hit for him."

Lex, on 22 Feb 2014 - 18:34, said:snapback.png

In my opinion, changing management now would not increase our chances of staying up.

Danny Lennon is not the right manager for the club and he hasn't been since 2011 in my opinion, but it's too late to sack him this season.

If we do go down I want it on his CV, I don't want a patsy coming in and taking the hit for him.

How bitter and twisted

Pretty much backs up what i said about him being an unpleasant drunk who seems to be just as unpleasant when sober

and look at the twisting and turning he indulged in until the evidence was produced-it would have been far more credible to fess up.

always funny to see a liar busted

How bitter and twisted

Pretty much backs up what i said about him being an unpleasant drunk who seems to be just as unpleasant when sober

and look at the twisting and turning he indulged in until the evidence was produced-it would have been far more credible to fess up.

Oh dear.

How bitter and twisted

Shows you how much of a ring piece he is.