Club Is Out Of Touch With Support

FFS.......Div gave us the biggest non story since the creation of the internet!!!

Fair enough. I will always get flak for the Argentinian sale story I guess. Shit happens.

Those who know me well know I don't make things up, and I wouldn't have published that if I wasn't absolutely sure it was true.

What happened after that to make the deal go sour I still don't really know but expect it might come out at some point.

It works out as a bit of sound business for the home club(County) to pay for the buses.

If they paid for four at around £600 each = £2400 and got a discount for cash\bulk order (Roy) of say 15% £360 meaning it would cost around £2k.

Lets say 50 full paying adults on each bus = 200 @ £20 = £4k through the turnstiles. £2k to the good, plus any pie sales etc.

Makes sense.

Can certainly see why County would pay for busses for away fans, and I remember them doing that before.

Also helps that their chairman is one of the richest men in the country.

I disagree that the club is "out of touch". However, I do feel that the club could do a lot more with regards to social media.

On Twitter for example, the ICT official twitter feed is excellent. They engage and banter with fans of their own club and seem to promote their club in a positive and jovial way.

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL TTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEYYYYYY

— Official ICTFC (@ICTFC) April 19, 2015

ehrvfdufvbuafaesnufnugvgafsebfiafe WOOWWWWOOWW, We SCORED A GOAL!!!

GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE

NO FREAKING WAY!!!! Big Eddy Ofere has smashed Inverness in front in extra time. NUT!! NO WAY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!

Guidetti has come on for Celtic. I'll be honest no idea who went off, I was too busy looking for the rest of my keyboard.

HE NEVER BLOODY SCORES!!!!

David Raven...of all people. He was 7000/1 to score today.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

omg omg omg omg

We did it guys....we bloody did it. *starts sobbing*

Compare that to our clubs Twitter feed...

"Thompson shot at goal. Miss"

"Come to our sportsmans dinner, for tickets visit saintmirrenfc.com"

It's not hard to guess which feed is more popular...

I disagree that the club is "out of touch". However, I do feel that the club could do a lot more with regards to social media.

On Twitter for example, the ICT official twitter feed is excellent. They engage and banter with fans of their own club and seem to promote their club in a positive and jovial way.

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL TTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEYYYYYY

GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE

NO FREAKING WAY!!!! Big Eddy Ofere has smashed Inverness in front in extra time. NUT!! NO WAY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!
— Official ICTFC (@ICTFC)

Guidetti has come on for Celtic. I'll be honest no idea who went off, I was too busy looking for the rest of my keyboard.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

omg omg omg omg

"Thompson shot at goal. Miss Moneypenny "

"Come to our sportsmans dinner, pies and beans on the menu. For tickets visit saintmirrenfc.com"

Ours whistling.gif

Official ICTFC (@ICTFC) April 19, 2015

omg omg omg omg

The St Mirren feed is more popular with me.

So you think the directors should use their own money to pay for supporters busses to Dingwall?

Why would it be out the directors own pocket anyway. I take it we have zero in the bank and wages are being paid directly from the boards own pockets going by your response and you are party to that information ???

Why would it be out the directors own pocket anyway. I take it we have zero in the bank and wages are being paid directly from the boards own pockets going by your response and you are party to that information ???

Well it's well known that the club is running to a very tight budget based on what goes on goes out, and so it should be. I can't imagine we will be sitting on any kind of bank balance, hence the relatively regular need for directors loans to keep us going.

Don't need to be party to any information to know the club doesn't have money slushing around in a bank account.

omg omg omg omg

This sort of criticism is just getting stupid now.

Stupid and UTTERLY cringeworthy.

Why are so many of our fans so needy and desperate to be given attention by the board of directors?

Bloody X factor has a lot to answer for.

Man up FFS.

Edited by oaksoft

No No and Yes....and for the Bus..

....but more importantly why is any of that important?

Surly folk want to encourage as many people as possible to contribute in "time and treasure" to the Club for its benefit. If it just starts with a few folk coming to a few games or engaging with some of the other activities that use the building like FITT powerchair or even going to Church their on a Sunday is that now one way of growing future fans and so future financial success which hopefully reflects on the park

Well it's well known that the club is running to a very tight budget based on what goes on goes out, and so it should be. I can't imagine we will be sitting on any kind of bank balance, hence the relatively regular need for directors loans to keep us going.

Don't need to be party to any information to know the club doesn't have money slushing around in a bank account.

If we reduce the points deficit this weekend then I will probably go to Dingwall anyway however there will be plenty fans unable to afford the trip for what could be a very big game. If the board don't think a big support in a game like that is important then fair enough. Just feel it would have been a decent gesture to supporters in an otherwise dire season. If we really are living hand to mouth I would fear for us over the summer months especially so if we are relegated. I sincerely hope finances are not quite as bad as the picture you paint relying on directors loans to exist.

If we really are living hand to mouth I would fear for us over the summer months especially so if we are relegated. I sincerely hope finances are not quite as bad as the picture you paint relying on directors loans to exist.

You could ask that Callum Goolhilley chappy. He keeps teeling us that like all fans, he's living "in the real world". Therefore he will know exactly how to keep the club afloat financially during this period.

Me? I have no idea.

No No and Yes....and for the Bus..

....but more importantly why is any of that important?

Surly folk want to encourage as many people as possible to contribute in "time and treasure" to the Club for its benefit. If it just starts with a few folk coming to a few games or engaging with some of the other activities that use the building like FITT powerchair or even going to Church their on a Sunday is that now one way of growing future fans and so future financial success which hopefully reflects on the park

Richard, looking back on all the abuse our current board are getting, you must feel you've dodged a massive bullet not getting involved with us. lol.gif

If we reduce the points deficit this weekend then I will probably go to Dingwall anyway however there will be plenty fans unable to afford the trip for what could be a very big game. If the board don't think a big support in a game like that is important then fair enough. Just feel it would have been a decent gesture to supporters in an otherwise dire season. If we really are living hand to mouth I would fear for us over the summer months especially so if we are relegated. I sincerely hope finances are not quite as bad as the picture you paint relying on directors loans to exist.

That's for the supporters to decide rather than be bribed.

Quite right, the board and players should offer at least a 50/50 deal to the buses to make the trip cost effective.

That's for the supporters to decide rather than be bribed.

Bribed ??? It would still be up to supporters to decide if they wanted to travel on a bus and then pay admission. As i have said I can afford to go if I choose but it would have been decent of the club to allow some who may not have been to have that option (it is still an option not a bribe). It may all be irrelevant anyway by next Saturday but I can at least still see a tiny bit of light at the end of the long tunnel.

Bribed ??? It would still be up to supporters to decide if they wanted to travel on a bus and then pay admission. As i have said I can afford to go if I choose but it would have been decent of the club to allow some who may not have been to have that option (it is still an option not a bribe). It may all be irrelevant anyway by next Saturday but I can at least still see a tiny bit of light at the end of the long tunnel.

I don't see it.post-4944-0-43589800-1430474354_thumb.jp

The Dingwall busses could be paid for by confiscating the players 'fines', which are used for a free, expensive night out for them all at the end of the season ((Newcastle recently)Newcastle recently).