Club Is Out Of Touch With Support

I think due to social networking we all probably expect a bit too much to come out in the way of official statements.

We all speculate/wind each other up into a frenzy on here and then expect feedback on every issue from the BOD.

As far as they are concerned, even taking into consideration our woeful season it's business as usual and until there's something to report we'll hear nothing.

If anything the problem is exacerbated by posters on here/Facebook/Twitter who claim to be 'in the know' and have inside info, which only further serves to wind us up.

Obviously I exclude Div from this.

e

Aye were getting sold this week!

I think the fact is that we are now being run as a business, that has to stay in the black, especially as the BOD want to sell.

The BOD have no money to invest and whilst we don't have a sugar daddy it's something we are going to have to accept until the club is sold and we have new investment.

If the keyboard warriors who post on here during home matches from their bedrooms, actually went to home matches (those that live close enough obviously) then we might get a better standard of player.

I have been to more away matches than home this season due to where I live but will invest in a ST next season.

No one will ever throw money at St Mirren . Purchase the club and try to make more money on off field activities. Have a better system for selling youngsters on these are the only options where we can hope to raise capital for investment

I'm sort of split on this one. Part of me thinks that it's the BOD's "train set" which they put the money into when nobody else else would and therefore they can do what they like and the other part of me thinks that they aren't doing enough to engage with fans over what has been a truly horrific season as they will need those fans to come forward in their usual numbers to purchase seasons tickets for our return to the second tier of Scottish football.

I will say this though. Upon the announcement of Craig as manager there was a general feeling among fans that this was a mistake and the usual posters on here shouted them down and told them to stop wetting their knickers, keep the faith and wait and see how things panned out. Then after the first quarter of the season had yielded something like 2 wins (none at home) and 10 goals (from 11 games) and people were echoing their concerns from the start of the season the usual posters shouted them down told them to stop wetting their knickers, keep the faith and wait and see how things panned out. Gary Teale appointment? Same thing.

Well, here we are at the end of the season, f**king relegated after possibly the worst top flight year in my memory and the response to the growing criticism of the BOD is to shout people down, tell them to get a grip on reality and keep the faith.

Some of you guys just seem willing to accept anything that is played out in front of you (which is entirely your prerogative) but surely at some point people have to be held accountable for the clusterf**k of a season which has unfolded and some sort of plan has to be set out to get the fans back onside?

Edited by DLBud

I'm sort of split on this one. Part of me thinks that it's the BOD's "train set" which they put the money into when nobody else else would and therefore they can do what they like and the other part of me thinks that they aren't doing enough to engage with fans over what has been a truly horrific season as they will need those fans to come forward in their usual numbers to purchase seasons tickets for our return to the second tier of Scottish football.

I will say this though. Upon the announcement of Craig as manager there was a general feeling among fans that this was a mistake and the usual posters on here shouted them down and told them to stop wetting their knickers, keep the faith and wait and see how things panned out. Then after the first quarter of the season had yielded something like 2 wins (none at home) and 10 goals (from 11 games) and people were echoing their concerns from the start of the season the usual posters shouted them down told them to stop wetting their knickers, keep the faith and wait and see how things panned out. Gary Teale appointment? Same thing.

Well, here we are at the end of the season, f**king relegated after possibly the worst top flight year in my memory and the response to the growing criticism of the BOD is to shout people down, tell them to get a grip on reality and keep the faith.

Some of you guys just seem willing to accept anything that is played out in front of you (which is entirely your prerogative) but surely at some point people have to be held accountable for the clusterf**k of a season which has unfolded and some sort of plan has to be set out to get the fans back onside?

Shut up and dry yir eyes and pants.

Thanks Shull. I was going to type something else but stopped upon realising that you'd be sitting, waiting, like a wee coiled spring ready to make my point better than I ever could.

At least I read it all.

If anything the problem is exacerbated by posters on here/Facebook/Twitter who claim to be 'in the know' and have inside info, which only further serves to wind us up.

Obviously I exclude Div from this.

FFS.......Div gave us the biggest non story since the creation of the internet!!!

Football can't have it both ways. If, as we're always told, football clubs are businesses and we're all customers, then what other business would take their customer's loyalty for granted. It's why organisations have PR people - play the game with people, communicate proactively and you can buy yourself a lot of credit.

I paid over £400 for season tickets for this season and it's been shite. It's largely been shite due to a calamitous managerial appointment. I've not heard much from the club that accepts that fact, or even tries to issue some sort of rallying call to galvanise the support for next season.

What do I expect them to say? Give us an idea of their plans - a player clearout, a new manager, a review of the club's structure, a plan on how we get back up...just something that indicates what's going on and recognises that the fans have an important part to play.

Football can't have it both ways. If, as we're always told, football clubs are businesses and we're all customers, then what other business would take their customer's loyalty for granted. It's why organisations have PR people - play the game with people, communicate proactively and you can buy yourself a lot of credit.

I paid over £400 for season tickets for this season and it's been shite. It's largely been shite due to a calamitous managerial appointment. I've not heard much from the club that accepts that fact, or even tries to issue some sort of rallying call to galvanise the support for next season.

What do I expect them to say? Give us an idea of their plans - a player clearout, a new manager, a review of the club's structure, a plan on how we get back up...just something that indicates what's going on and recognises that the fans have an important part to play.

You have a valid point. Teale is in the press today saying we have five (5) players in contract for next season all the rest will be gone. So it's going to be a huge turnover of players

More nonsense.

All we need is the Team scoring goals and winning games.

BEST PUBLIC RELATIONS EVER. (FOOTBALL)

They are so out of touch it defies any logic.I can't really say more however if they want to sell season tickets I would strongly suggest that a new management team is put in place rather urgently.

St Mirren Supporters buy Season Tickets to gain entry to our Stadium on Matchday

Nothing else.

Edited by shull

In St. Mirren's case, as the majority of the investment is owned by the directors themselves, this means that they only really need to impress themselves?

They wouldn't need to appear on every national new outlet to do that surely?

lol.gif:

Hello Andy. :rolleyes:

The last time I looked the St Mirren directors were looking to sell their shareholding. I may have got mixed up. Maybe that isn't the case anymore, however if they are still looking to sell their shareholding I would imagine it is still important that they impress any potential buyers for their shares. Much as was the case at Tesco - where a quick look at the LSE website shows that the number of trades in Tesco shares over the last two days has increased dramatically.

What could they say to make the whole support happy?

No dafty answers please. Lol

There's nothing they could say that would make the whole support happy. If they said they were ditching JD for Adidas, a percentage of supporters would want Nike...or Puma...or, or.

That's not the point though. Someone in an earlier post said the club is the BoDs train set, so they can play with it however they see fit. True to a point, but they are really only custodians of the train set until they hand it on, so they better not break it. One thing's for sure - they're doing a piss poor job of persuading people to buy tickets to ride on their train.

Gerald Ratner could do a better job.

I prefer Casey Jones's Train.

With the St Mirren train heading for the buffers, you'd think the least the BoD would do would be to offer fans one last off-peak priced ticket. No, first class fares only, even though our train stinks like an old British Rail blocked lavvy.

A new Era of happiness may be about to begin.

The Stadium only has a capacity of just over 8000.

Guarantee your Seat for next Season's train , sorry, rollercoaster ride.

PURCHASE A SEASON TICKET.

1. Bury head in sand til acceptable offer comes along

2. Accept No.1

3.Bugger off and leave it for new owner to sort the mess out