Jim Goodwin

Did anyone else notice Goodwin go up the tunnel just after Arquin went on ?

Also his absence at the end of the game seemed a bit strange .

You would think he could of at least shown his appreciation to the fans, at the end of a mostly dismal season, and the last home game.

I noticed, thought it was strange that Teale didn't bring him on for at least a cameo appearance as there is a fair chance he may not play another home game for us and it would be a real shame if we didn't get to give him a proper send off. However, with Gow getting injured that may have messed up the plan as a forward needed to replace him.

I don't think I saw Goodwin out warming up once today so I thought it looked as if he knew he wouldn't be coming on.

Goodwin got a great cheer from main stand when warming up. Hope he stays. I think he still has a year left on contract. A new manager will look at things and Gary should have let him play if it was to be last game at home. But no worries Jim if they let you go I bet you will play premier league football next year. Yes I like Jim Goodwin plays with passion for the the saints some left it to late this year.

I sit near the dugouts and teale clearly turned round to David longwell and said "where's Jim" at the end of the game , would seem all is not well and Jim went up the tunnel before the end of the game , but surely it would be for the new manager to decide whether to offer Jim a new deal ? I personally hope so as think he would be an important player for us in the championship

Edited by gazmc83

Not for me . From what I've heard his nose has been out of joint ever since losing his coaching position , and then being over looked for the caretakers position .

This has resulted in bad feelings within the dressing room .

Time for a clear out .

Some of the goals we have lost via Goodwin this season have been amateur at best. He was too slow last season in midfield now he's too slow at the back.

Cup Final Winning Legend but it's time for a total clear out apart from the young lads.

Some of the goals we have lost via Goodwin this season have been amateur at best. He was too slow last season in midfield now he's too slow at the back.

Cup Final Winning Legend but it's time for a total clear out apart from the young lads.

Hopefully next season we will have more defensive options and won't need to play him in defence.

I can see why lots of fans think this, but I do think a fit, motivated Jim Goodwin would do very well at centre midfield in the Championship surrounded by the energy of Mallan, Morgan etc. For next season I reckon we need an experienced spine - hopefully a new, experienced centre half, Goowin and Thommo up front (he's still got goals in him in the lower league if he gets service).

For me, bringing players on for farewell cameo appearances when there is still a game to be won/not lost is simply madness.

Goodwin is there to do a job when he's needed. If not then he needn't show.

Whether he goes down the tunnel early or not is also immaterial. Perhaps Tealzo told him to go indoors and stick the kettle on?

For me, bringing players on for farewell cameo appearances when there is still a game to be won/not lost is simply madness.

Goodwin is there to do a job when he's needed. If not then he needn't show.

Whether he goes down the tunnel early or not is also immaterial. Perhaps Tealzo told him to go indoors and stick the kettle on?

Aye, but it's good for a load of rumours. wink.png

We could not go out and buy a player like Jim Goodwin. He would be essential in a young team in the championship. Yes I have seen him make mistakes but I have also seen him play cracking games. Saints fans being Saints fans will only remember the bad and never the good. Our club is fully rooted to negativity. In some ways I understand the disappointment of relegation but it should never be forgot we have never been flying in the top league , always looking over our shoulder. Letting Jim Goodwin go would be like appoi9nting Tommy Craig as manager again for the championship

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint