Mark Wilson

Lanarkshire_Bud

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, Rooney looking even more like a missed opportunity now. A real shame.

You could have hoped that he'd give us another go if it didn't work out with Hearts. But it doesn't sound like he was treated particularly well when we decided against a deal for him first time round, so I'm sure he'll get a deal elsewhere easily enough.

Edited by Saint Garf

Yeah, Rooney looking even more like a missed opportunity now. A real shame.

You could have hoped that he'd give us another go if it didn't work out with Hearts. But it doesn't sound like he was treated particularly well when we decided against a deal for him first time round, so I'm sure he'll get a deal elsewhere easily enough.

We didn't decide not to offer him a deal we were undecided and looking at all our options as far as I'm aware. We could still go back for him if he doesn't get a contract elsewhere.

We didn't decide not to offer him a deal we were undecided and looking at all our options as far as I'm aware. We could still go back for him if he doesn't get a contract elsewhere.

That equates to deciding not to offer him a deal in my book. You have someone on trial, you either offer him a deal at the end of it or you don't.

That equates to deciding not to offer him a deal in my book. You have someone on trial, you either offer him a deal at the end of it or you don't.

Yeah, I have to agree, you'd have to see any trial period that doesn't end in a contract offer being unsuccessful. That's certainly the way the player would see it.

Not really there were a few that were told that they weren't required. This lad as far as I know wasn't told that he wasn't required.

Not really there were a few that were told that they weren't required. This lad as far as I know wasn't told that he wasn't required.

That's an odd way to look at it. He wasn't contacted to tell him to come back to the club, so I think, from his perspective, he might reasonably assume that he should pursue other options as he wasn't getting a gig.

We did offer him a contract an U/20's contract

The boy was looking for a first team contract

The short time i saw him i would have offered him it

That's an odd way to look at it. He wasn't contacted to tell him to come back to the club, so I think, from his perspective, he might reasonably assume that he should pursue other options as he wasn't getting a gig.

Agreed, however I assume we have other targets that are believed to be a better option. If however our priorities change due to injuries or we are unable to get the other preferred options to sign for us we may go back to Rooney if available.

If we didn't rate the boy I would have thought we would have told him that he wasn't in our plans.

Someone on here passed this info on another thread

It's a bit of a shame because he was willing to work hard in the development side if he got the chance. He played for Hearts development side tonight. Latest is they will give him an answer tomorrow. If it's a no then Partick Thistle have offered to take him on trial this week.

He will most likely be offered a deal to play for a development side wherever he ends up. But he's got great potential and one we might regret missing out on.