Mark Wilson

Lanarkshire_Bud

Is this the guy who was talking in the press yesterday about challenges faced by out of contract players? Former Celtic/Dundee United defender? If so, I hadn't realised he'd dropped down the divisions. Sounded like he has his head screwed on, right enough.

Is this the guy who was talking in the press yesterday about challenges faced by out of contract players? Former Celtic/Dundee United defender? If so, I hadn't realised he'd dropped down the divisions. Sounded like he has his head screwed on, right enough.

He's often on Sportsound and usually comes across quite well, although he was allegedly involved in the stuff in Glasgow with the Celtic keeper last season.

I don't think Dumbarton fans are too disappointed to see the back of him - plus we're trying to sign the boy from Queen's Park who is a right back.

I think the incident at Ashton Lane has tarnished his career. He seemed to be right out of the first team picture at Dundee Utd shortly after that.

At the age of 31, he is at a point in his career where a player would usually be worth a 2-3 year contract, but after you look at his stats of game time, he would seem like too big a risk.

I think the incident at Ashton Lane has tarnished his career. He seemed to be right out of the first team picture at Dundee Utd shortly after that.

At the age of 31, he is at a point in his career where a player would usually be worth a 2-3 year contract, but after you look at his stats of game time, he would seem like too big a risk.

The incident at Aston lane was about Paton. Mark seems to have been chucked away for not lying to cover up what happened. Typical United frankly. Worth a 1 year deal pay as you go. We've sniffed around him in the past and he is good friends with goody for what that is worth.

• 1 month later...

I would rather take a punt on the boy rooney over him

Yes...don't get me wrong, I reckon Wilson could still do a job at our level, but we're not really struggling for full backs, I don't see him putting Naismith out of the team...I'd rather take a punt on Rooney if we need someone for competition/cover

Not necessarily with a view to signing for us. He is looking for a Club and knows Murray so maybe we are just offering training facilities.

Fair point. Did Murray not release him at Dumbarton before he moved to us?

Have to agree that I'd rather see us sign Rooney - although we do need some more experience at the back.

Fair point. Did Murray not release him at Dumbarton before he moved to us?

Have to agree that I'd rather see us sign Rooney - although we do need some more experience at the back.

I think an experienced centre half is needed, at right back I think we're ok. Naismith might be young, but he has plenty of games under his belt, if we signed a full back, I'd rather it was a youngster like Rooney. Someone with a reputation to forge for himself, two youngsters to push each other for a place.