Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

Cards on the table.My wife is indeed Jamies dads cousin but has not seen him for about 40 years.In actual fact his aunt and uncles are also her cousins.In another twist Jamies mums cousins son is a former St Mirren goalkeeper who just so happens to go out with my niece.

I still dont know when Jamie will sign for St Mirren but i know he will and i,m sure he will be delighted to know that a number of his second and third cousins are season ticket holders.

P.s Did i tell you that i went to school with Jamies dad who just so happens to be my wifes cousin.

Cards on the table.My wife is indeed Jamies dads cousin but has not seen him for about 40 years.In actual fact his aunt and uncles are also her cousins.In another twist Jamies mums cousins son is a former St Mirren goalkeeper who just so happens to go out with my niece.

I still dont know when Jamie will sign for St Mirren but i know he will and i,m sure he will be delighted to know that a number of his second and third cousins are season ticket holders.

P.s Did i tell you that i went to school with Jamies dad who just so happens to be my wifes cousin.

Wow! I've just heard (in my mind's ear) the thumpity-thumps that tail-ended a dramatic East Enders episode!

Those familial complications surpass it and Corrie.

There's a series in that.... The Langfield Lot.

:rolleyes:

ST MIRREN will look to add at least another four players to their squad ahead of the new season, with Aberdeen duo Jamie Langfield and Lawrence Shankland set to be the first to sign in the coming days.

Paisley-born Langfield has become third-choice goalkeeper at Pittodrie behind Danny Ward and Scott Brown, and is set to move to his home town team in a player-coach role following his testimonial match against Brighton last Sunday.

Highly-rated Shankland has also been targeted for a season-long loan move, while another striker on a permanent deal and an experienced centre-half are also on manager Ian Murray’s shopping list.Murray’s assistant Mark Spalding would not be drawn on specific deals, but admitted that plans were in place to bring in more bodies before the new campaign gets underway.

He told SportTimes: “We’re very close to getting the additions we feel we need. We want to bring in at least another four, but it’s just about getting the right balance.

"We want people who fit the personality of the changing room, but also fit in terms of what they can bring to the team. Hopefully there will be news very soon on one or two, and then we’ll see if we can get a few more over the line.

"A centre-back is another one we’re looking at to see what is out there, but again it will have to be the right type. We won’t sign players just because they are available.”

P.s Did i tell you that i went to school with Jamies dad who just so happens to be my wifes cousin and brother.

FIFY

Ayrshire descent I assume?whistling.gif

^^^^^From Greenock type post

It seems then, that we are about to replace a rather dodgy keeper with one who - even at his best was notorious for his mistakes - is now in the veteran stage and considered of no use to Aberdeen. I really cannot fathom this one out. Perhaps he will prove to be a shrewd signing but I rather doubt it.

It seems then, that we are about to replace a rather dodgy keeper with one who - even at his best was notorious for his mistakes - is now in the veteran stage and considered of no use to Aberdeen. I really cannot fathom this one out. Perhaps he will prove to be a shrewd signing but I rather doubt it.

I suspect you don't have any friends either :(

Langfield will perform a dual role of player coach. I think it's a great signing for this level if we manage to get the deal done.