Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

Well Murray said no approach was ever made.

McInness saying he's not letting anyone go when they're in Europe.

Unless one of them is lying, there was nothing to it.

Would you be surprised or upset if Murray was lying?

Consider this: Ian Murray makes it clear to all and sundry who his transfer targets are and the players he's allegedly 'waiting on', only for a bigger club to be made aware that these people may be available and are negotiating with us....other club swoops in and takes them from under our nose. For this, see the cases of Carl Finnigan, Ian Harte and Alan Gow many moons ago to name but three.

Personally, I'm pleased Murray is denying the players he's in for. No-one, at our level anyway, ever conducts good transfer business through the press.

I still have a hunch Langfield will still sign for us;

He's said he's looking for a player/coach role. We have no GK coach and need a goalkeeper.

He isn't expected to be an Aberdeen player next season, with them having a couple of goalkeepers playing ahead of him. Each Premiership team seems to be sorted at this stage for goalkeepers.

He's from Paisley and he seems to be in and about the town frequently.

Just one that makes sense to me.

Edited by Murray7

St Mirren fans dont do patience Jama.As much as you try to tell them everything will fall into place the screaming gets louder.

Can you imagine the levels of seething on here if the Internet was around when we were after Oleg Blokhin or even when Fitzy was chasing everyone from Fleck to Coyne. As an aside, how much more financial shit would we have been in had we signed half his targets.

Can you imagine the levels of seething on here if the Internet was around when we were after Oleg Blokhin or even when Fitzy was chasing everyone from Fleck to Coyne. As an aside, how much more financial shit would we have been in had we signed half his targets.

Ha , Blokhin , Deminienko & Belanov all linked to arrive at same time :D

Thank f**k we had no forum :P

ETA; Now about this keeper ...

Edited by whydowebother

Would you be surprised or upset if Murray was lying?

Consider this: Ian Murray makes it clear to all and sundry who his transfer targets are and the players he's allegedly 'waiting on', only for a bigger club to be made aware that these people may be available and are negotiating with us....other club swoops in and takes them from under our nose. For this, see the cases of Carl Finnigan, Ian Harte and Alan Gow many moons ago to name but three.

Personally, I'm pleased Murray is denying the players he's in for. No-one, at our level anyway, ever conducts good transfer business through the press.

Well he never said Langfield wasn't a target or denied interest, he just said he hadn't approached Aberdeen.

I still have a hunch Langfield will still sign for us;

He's said he's looking for a player/coach role. We have no GK coach and need a goalkeeper.

He isn't expected to be an Aberdeen player next season, with them having a couple of goalkeepers playing ahead of him. Each Premiership team seems to be sorted at this stage for goalkeepers.

He's from Paisley and he seems to be in and about the town frequently.

Just one that makes sense to me.

Is your first name , Ian . .

To be honest, I am not fretting on whether or not we sign JL. If it happen then fine, if not then we bring someone else in. My main concern is up front and a decent centre half. I am sure IM has irons in the fire to strengthen these positions. For us, it will be about having those much needed players in by the time we play Dumbarton at home.

Things bubbling away nicely Two strikers, a goalie, a centre half on the shopping list and one more surprise bonus player that will please a lot of people.

Keep it under your hat

You have been hanging about with lovestreet too much.