Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

It seems then, that we are about to replace a rather dodgy keeper with one who - even at his best was notorious for his mistakes - is now in the veteran stage and considered of no use to Aberdeen. I really cannot fathom this one out. Perhaps he will prove to be a shrewd signing but I rather doubt it.

Away back under your rock.

Cards on the table.My wife is indeed Jamies dads cousin but has not seen him for about 40 years.In actual fact his aunt and uncles are also her cousins.In another twist Jamies mums cousins son is a former St Mirren goalkeeper who just so happens to go out with my niece.

I still dont know when Jamie will sign for St Mirren but i know he will and i,m sure he will be delighted to know that a number of his second and third cousins are season ticket holders.

P.s Did i tell you that i went to school with Jamies dad who just so happens to be my wifes cousin.

But can any of them fix a dodgy sky box? :P

My interpretation of that would be less that the players won't leave if they're still in the cup, and more that, his budget and signing targets will change if that's the case. We could still get shankland if they qualify, it's just McInnes wants to know who else he needs to bring in.

The fact is, if he doesn't think shankland is ready for a league campaign now, that's not gonna change if they are also in the europa league.

My interpretation of that would be less that the players won't leave if they're still in the cup, and more that, his budget and signing targets will change if that's the case. We could still get shankland if they qualify, it's just McInnes wants to know who else he needs to bring in.

The fact is, if he doesn't think shankland is ready for a league campaign now, that's not gonna change if they are also in the europa league.

Unless they get injuries without any new faces...

Unless they get injuries without any new faces...

Exactly Murray has said all along it could be end of August before players he wants come available and he didn't want to blow his budget early and miss out.

Perhaps he was referring to Langfield and Shankland. Perhaps he is gambling on the Dons exiting the Europa Cup in August?

I've not read this, but apparently Ian Murray in PDX today saying no approach was ever made to Aberdeen regarding Langfield. Couple this with McInnes recent comments...

It looks like there was never any truth to the persistent rumours from our esteemed 'ITK posters' who've been telling us for a good while this was a done deal.

Surprise surprise!

I wonder if there was an approach, but in the wake of McInnes' comments, there is a bit of face-saving coming from the SMP end.

I still believe that it was an entirely plausible rumour, and could still materialise.

I wonder if there was an approach, but in the wake of McInnes' comments, there is a bit of face-saving coming from the SMP end.

I still believe that it was an entirely plausible rumour, and could still materialise.

Or maybe.. And most likely I would say... there was just never anything to it at all.

Could still happen of course, but it was clearly never a 'done deal'.

Or maybe.. And most likely I would say... there was just never anything to it at all.

Could still happen of course, but it was clearly never a 'done deal'.

Who knows, but it was one of the better rumours we've had in recent times. Many of us were willing to buy into it.

I'm not saying it is conclusive, nothing like it.

I'm saying there's more than 'never anything at all' to it.

Well Murray said no approach was ever made.

McInness saying he's not letting anyone go when they're in Europe.

Unless one of them is lying, there was nothing to it.