Is The Future Bright?

I'm pretty happy that Murray isn't signing any old shite and is taking his time, particularly with the trialists. Shows he's thorough, and I think that will stand him in good stead. Also, Marwood was not a last minute signing - he was the first player to be signed early in the summer if my memory serves me right.

Plus if the rumours are true in that we might be bringing in Shankland, Langfield, and Rankin, then the squad looks significantly better already. Let's just wait and see- there WILL be new players by the time the Berwick game comes around.

I agree about signing any old shite which we have recently because they were cheap i imagine

The other night before the game the chairman said to a fan none of the 5 trialists would be signing

Begs the question why play them?

I played for a lot of teams that won leagues and trophies, and had the most clean sheets in a season in their league - it is not rocket science - Does anyone really believe we are likely to be the top scorers or the have the best defensive record in the new season?

Yeah I played for the local Cub Scouts as well.

We were f**king awesome.

Arithmetic is still arithmetic though and if you want us to "blow the budget" then you are another in a long line of trumpets who can't understand money..

I played for a lot of teams that won leagues and trophies, and had the most clean sheets in a season in their league - it is not rocket science -

Given your inability to understand basic arithmetic, I'm willing to bet you have no idea what's involved in rocket science.

I agree about signing any old shite which we have recently because they were cheap i imagine

The other night before the game the chairman said to a fan none of the 5 trialists would be signing

Begs the question why play them?

Why would our Chairman divulge information to a fan? Surely, an official statement would be made by the manager or the club on whether or not any of the trialists would be staying or not? Edited by nedflanders123

Why would our Chairman divulge information to a fan? Surely, an official statement would be made by the manager or the club on whether or not any of the trialists would be staying or not?

The game was on a public park and the fan asked him about signings.

He answered the fan and the said fan put it on social media

It is a poor show that the best you can offer is that you played with the Cub scouts

I got paid to play, and won real trophies in professional leagues, many times!

And I have no doubt that I know far more about rocket science or Arithmetic than you do also. I never suggested that we blow the budget either. My perception is that Mr Gilmour cuts the budget each year, but that there must be a target and a stretched budget consideration. Does the target budget rule and we end up with guys not capable of beating Bradford and the like, or can we push the boat out just a wee bit and get a Webster OR ?

We cannot know where we will finish - but we need some guys who can score goals really really badly

That will be the good Hibs side that bottled it in the Scottish Cup and play off? They will be up there in what may be a tighter league than some think. Scumgers are not setting the heather on fire with their new signings while QOS have lost their best players while we rid ourselves with some bad ones. We don't need 9 new players but rather 4-5 good quality ones to support the young talented ones we already have and provide cover for Thommo. Goodwin and Gow.

Sevco keep signing, two today from Wigan, QoS have replaced their departures whilst we play guys in friendlies that we already know we ain't gonna sign! Something isn't right!

Lord Pityme Posted Yesterday, 23:32
Sevco keep signing, two today from Wigan, QoS have replaced their departures whilst we play guys in friendlies that we already know we ain't gonna sign! Something isn't right!

Why do I get the distinct impression that Lord P isn't really prepared to give Ian Murray a chance?

His posts on this thread and others are so painfully slanted that it is almost as though he wishes IM to fail miserably.

Maybe he should enlighten us as to who he would have preferred to have as Manager and then we can all put his comments into context.

Why do I get the distinct impression that Lord P isn't really prepared to give Ian Murray a chance?

His posts on this thread and others are so painfully slanted that it is almost as though he wishes IM to fail miserably.

Maybe he should enlighten us as to who he would have preferred to have as Manager and then we can all put his comments into context.

St Mirren Football Club upset him a long time ago.

He is now in a wee huff and disnae love them anymore.

He wishes our beloved Club every misfortune.

COYS

You know Chelsea have a squad valued at over £380M and they couldn't beat Bradford.

Yes Bradford did beat Chelsea in a cup tie - but Bradford went on to finish 11th in the English 3rd division behind MK dons. They conceded 54 goals in the league & despite them playing 6 trialists against us they still managed to win and we did not manage a goal.

Oh and Chelsea went on to win the league and had a very successful season (in the cup anyone can have bad game, but the league is what the best teams win) with guys scoring 23 & 19 goals during their campaign. We managed a 7 and a 4 as our top 2 scorers and we sold the top one of them in January.

We had a striker trialist playing against Bradford called Malachi in our line up who never managed a goal last season.

Seriously - you think we are league contenders with this squad? I think we will get a shock with Hibs, Raith, Falkirk all having more settled teams who know the division, with a few additions to their squads & QOS and the **** buying and planning better.

The talk was Murray was a serious contender back in January - if it was likely he was coming or even if he was staying at Dumbarton, who did he have lined up?

I really want Murray to be a huge success, I want us to win the league and get back into Europe, win trophies etc. But the couple of young Burnley reserve rejects, and a couple of midfielders are not going to make us a serious league winning squad!

We might even beat a Premier team in a cup - but finishing 5th or worse in the league is not what any Saint's fan wants!

I dread Murray getting the sack in January or next Summer and Thompson or Goodwin being the interim manager in the merry go round that we continue to watch at our club. Even if we do not too badly - these 2 will be going as they are the biggest wage earners anyway - right?

We will not win games if we cannot score goals - where are they going to come from!!!!!!!

There's still over 2 weeks till the league opener .

I think I'll wait until then before I start worrying about where our goals are coming from .

That smacks of last season to me, and we know how that ended. I'd rather we had our intended starting XI in place for pre-season training. Though I accept that's maybe something that just doesn't happen nowadays.

Yes Bradford did beat Chelsea in a cup tie - but Bradford went on to finish 11th in the English 3rd division behind MK dons. They conceded 54 goals in the league & despite them playing 6 trialists against us they still managed to win and we did not manage a goal.

Oh and Chelsea went on to win the league and had a very successful season (in the cup anyone can have bad game, but the league is what the best teams win) with guys scoring 23 & 19 goals during their campaign. We managed a 7 and a 4 as our top 2 scorers and we sold the top one of them in January.

We had a striker trialist playing against Bradford called Malachi in our line up who never managed a goal last season.

Seriously - you think we are league contenders with this squad? I think we will get a shock with Hibs, Raith, Falkirk all having more settled teams who know the division, with a few additions to their squads & QOS and the **** buying and planning better.

The talk was Murray was a serious contender back in January - if it was likely he was coming or even if he was staying at Dumbarton, who did he have lined up?

I really want Murray to be a huge success, I want us to win the league and get back into Europe, win trophies etc. But the couple of young Burnley reserve rejects, and a couple of midfielders are not going to make us a serious league winning squad!

We might even beat a Premier team in a cup - but finishing 5th or worse in the league is not what any Saint's fan wants!

I dread Murray getting the sack in January or next Summer and Thompson or Goodwin being the interim manager in the merry go round that we continue to watch at our club. Even if we do not too badly - these 2 will be going as they are the biggest wage earners anyway - right?

We will not win games if we cannot score goals - where are they going to come from!!!!!!!

Ffs, we are in pre seasons and you dread our new manager being sacked. Our new manager has already outlined the number and positions he wants strengthened plus indicating it may take up to August to get who he wants. Could we at least wait until we see who else comes in before fretting about the sacking of IM and, bizarrely having ST and JG installed as new managers.

That smacks of last season to me, and we know how that ended. I'd rather we had our intended starting XI in place for pre-season training. Though I accept that's maybe something that just doesn't happen nowadays.

Last season we had most of our signing during pre season friendlies. Look what happened when TC rushed and brought in some dross. Patience is required to bring the right players in. Rest assured we will have additional players brought in. No matter who they are, every signing is a gamble.