Positives

We all know that the penalty miss was bad lets not hide the fact, but let's look at the positives from the game, McMullan terrorised Wilson at times, Howiesons goal how cool a finish and the whole team never crumbled after going 2-0 down, think what the score would have been if that was last season and going 2-0 so early under Tommy Craig.

Meiksy

We all know that the penalty miss was bad lets not hide the fact, but let's look at the positives from the game, McMullan terrorised Wilson at times, Howiesons goal how cool a finish and the whole team never crumbled after going 2-0 down, think what the score would have been if that was last season and going 2-0 so early under Tommy Craig.

Meiksy

I agree , our Team is very capable of great things this Season.

We showed plenty of character at 2-0 down yesterday. The team of last season would have capitulated to a 5 or 6-0 defeat.

The most impressive part for me was that when the junkie was on the park, Murray brought his players in, had words and there was a significant shift in the way we played from there. It's encouraging to see that Murray was willing to change it and actually engage with the players, something that has been heavily criticised in terms of gaffers in the past few years.

As I've put on P&B, McMullan is the best possession player I've seen at SMFC since Gowser.

When the rest of the team learn his game, he'll get much better supportive runs around him.

Also, it was clear that Thommo's relative immobility meant nobody was creating space for McMullan's runs.

Agnew wasn't brilliant last night, but you could see he was always trying to pick a pass. Again, we need to give these players, especially the young ones, time to learn each other's (and their own) games, but once they do, I think we'll be a very entertaining side.

Ok going forward...left hand side a shambles..truth is sevco could have scored about eight...thomson finished as 90 minute player...gallacher never touched ball when he came on..going struggle for goals...murray record for losing goals at Dumbarton was shocking so needs a decent experienced centre back or left back...also need decent keeper!!!

Ok going forward...left hand side a shambles..truth is sevco could have scored about eight...thomson finished as 90 minute player...gallacher never touched ball when he came on..going struggle for goals...murray record for losing goals at Dumbarton was shocking so needs a decent experienced centre back or left back...also need decent keeper!!!

Wrong thread...

I think you may have misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

And these are the positives?

We looked decent last night and there are lot's of positives that we can take. I'd like to think that the longer Murray works with the players the better they will get as the season goes on.... The other pleasing thing is that Murray is actively seeking for 3/4 more players to add to the squad and that will create competition for places which is never a bad thing.

What I liked about last night was that we were right into the Ref when he made decisions that's something we haven't done for years. I hope that's something Murray is drilling into them. I was under the impression that their is NO fourth official in this league yet there was one last night. Nice to see Murray getting into him

I felt there were many positives to be taken from last night's game, all brought up and discussed well in the posts above (with one notable exception from our version of Private Frazer "we're all doomed!").

One notable addition to the positives is the standard of song choice. Whoever started the "one vicky pollard" song to the rather charming young female(?) bear at the end of the game is a genius!! Even the po-faced stewards in front of us were wetting themselves! Stand up and take a bow, sir!

Edited by erskinebud

The way McMullan totally wrong footed Tavernier for the penalty was superb, especially with the way the media and the Rangers fans have been getting themselves all excited about their new player. Admittedly I was screaming at him to shoot or pass, something in hindsight that would probably have been a better move!

If he can do that to one of the better players he'll come up against then we could be in for some fun.

Edited because I made my post for the what we need thread in here by accident. Idiot.

Edited by Stu

Remember rangers have a settled team I'm sure after a couple of months we will be a better team. Looking gd so far pleased we fought back after going two down. Still shaky at back and thommo only gd for 45 mins .

How do you work that out ?

They appointed their new manager a full month after we did & they lost a shitload of players at season end & have had to bring in the bulk of a new team .

Also , i believe they have had the same length of pre season & about the same amount of pre season games.

positives were how the fans stayed with the team, even at 2-0 down we were still singing and more importantly encouraging them.

Ridgers had a couple of great point blank saves

Baird for pole axing Wallace right in front of Govan stand

To the team for playing themselves from 2 down to almost drawing level and for not capitulating and going down 4 or 5 nil.

Howieson for showing coolness to sliot away his goal

Thought Gallagher made couple of good runs down flanks when he came on