Not Anymore For Me Thanks

St Mirren are a fair sized club by Scottish standards, success should be finishing in the top 6, getting in to Europe, competing to win the cups (getting to the last 8 at least).

An average season would probably be what we have been doing for the past decade, fighting relegation from the top league and finishing between 9th and 11th.

Getting pumped at home by the likes of Dumbarton and put out the cup in the first round by Livingston is not success....it is a complete f**king disgrace. Sadly those who supported the team in the 90s know that once the rot sets in you can spend a very long time struggling to beat the likes of Stirling Albion and Cowdenbeath (no offence to those clubs) and get stuck in this league.

That said, all those having meltdowns and claiming to chuck it now will be the first sprinting down to buy tickets if we manage to do a Falkirk and fluke our way to a cup final...

Its football, there are ups and downs, even Celtic and Aberdeen can look forward to a slide some time soon. I just really hope Ian Murray can make sure this down period does not last long!

once the board are gone andwe are in fan ownership we will be down before we rise but rise we will

time is what wee need and patience has rewards

as hearts have proven

Edited by jama

Did anyone ever bother to ask Gilmour and b.o.d what happened to the Love st money ? Surely not all spent on Ralston ??

Huge edit, it's simply not worth getting knickers wet over. To put it simply, the club as it stands now is worth what it was when Tesco handed over cash.

The value now is only worth the goodwill of the fans, a nominal price per share should be agreed with the fans, and i mean for the 75% held by the cartel. Anyone expecting to make profit from selling what we are now must surely know that there are no buyers who have the good of the club at heart and the money to pay over the odds for it.

Edited by buddiecat

Me & my boy gave up our season tickets after 10 years and by the sounds of it this be the best decision I have ever made. The thought of me and the lad freezing our nuts off in the winter months watching us trying to beat Alloa etc does not represent value for money.

Until the club is sold and someone new comes in with a new outlook and enthusiasm I will just pick and choose the game I come to but with the posts and comments on here it may be a while yet as the entertainment on show seems non existence.

If we continue on the slide I fear we will lose a generation of possible St Mirren supporters who are the future for our club

Dave the buddy says it all. He didn't bother to renew. 800 didn't bother to attend yesterday compared to a fortnight ago. Safe to say the fans early season optimism has vanished. Is there another team that struggles to win at home as much as us

Yes myself and Stuart Dickson included oh and the wee fella, amazing how we have managed to f**k up with another managerial appointment after so much initial optimism which has now well and truly evaporated and its still August.

Me & my boy gave up our season tickets after 10 years and by the sounds of it this be the best decision I have ever made. The thought of me and the lad freezing our nuts off in the winter months watching us trying to beat Alloa etc does not represent value for money.

Until the club is sold and someone new comes in with a new outlook and enthusiasm I will just pick and choose the game I come to but with the posts and comments on here it may be a while yet as the entertainment on show seems non existence.

If we continue on the slide I fear we will lose a generation of possible St Mirren supporters who are the future for our club

^^^^^^^^

mellow.png

Three paragraphs that capture it, a pish state of affairs

I've long argued that St Mirren have already lost at least one generation of St Mirren supporters over the last 17 years. The problem wasn't on the field performances, it was the decision taken by the current St Mirren board to start charging under 12's admission to matches and ending the old practice of letting those kids be lifted over the turnstyle. I think the evidence of that should be apparent to anyone who remembers the old Love Street before the seats went in. Back in my day the wall around the perimeter of the pitch was packed with kids, sometimes so many that you couldn't get a space on the wall. There's far fewer youngsters in evidence at the stadium these days and if you look at the demographics of this forum for example many St Mirren fans these days seem to be 40+ year olds.

I stopped buying a season ticket some 13 or 14 years ago when Stewart Gilmour so badly mishandled the sacking of Tom Hendrie. Since then I've gone from being a diehard who had around a 98% attendance rate at home and away competitive matches from the age of 8 years old to someone who goes to no more than 3-4 St Mirren matches per season. I still spend money on football though enjoying matches all around the country at all levels of the game in Scotland and in England. I love the sport, I love the entertainment, I even love the tactical battles, but it's got to have been at least a couple of years since I saw a St Mirren match I actually enjoyed - and even at that I would imagine I could count the number of times I've felt entertained at a St Mirren match since I gave up my season ticket.

Bizarrely this season my two sons decided that they were going to get their first ever St Mirren season tickets. I honestly tried my best to warn them away but they wouldn't listen. They bought their new St Mirren tops - my youngest sons one is falling apart already - and their stadium cards arrived. They were excited about the season so much so my youngest was going to go to Ibrox on his own - I couldn't have him in that stadium on his own so I went with him - but before August is out my eldest son has already stopped going and my youngest has decided that his season ticket was the biggest waste of money he's ever committed to in his life.

I have to say as well I wonder how accurate the season ticket sales figures were. I got involved in a rather interesting conversation with a small group of St Mirren fans at the Morton match who told me that they had taken full advantage of the free season tickets for Under 12's when they realised that some of the seats next to them remained unsold. Apparently, so they could get more space in the stadium, they took the free season tickets - one putting them in the names of their 8 year old cat, and his 6 year old rabbit!

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I've long argued that St Mirren have already lost at least one generation of St Mirren supporters over the last 17 years. The problem wasn't on the field performances, it was the decision taken by the current St Mirren board to start charging under 12's admission to matches and ending the old practice of letting those kids be lifted over the turnstyle. I think the evidence of that should be apparent to anyone who remembers the old Love Street before the seats went in. Back in my day the wall around the perimeter of the pitch was packed with kids, sometimes so many that you couldn't get a space on the wall. There's far fewer youngsters in evidence at the stadium these days and if you look at the demographics of this forum for example many St Mirren fans these days seem to be 40+ year olds.

I stopped buying a season ticket some 13 or 14 years ago when Stewart Gilmour so badly mishandled the sacking of Tom Hendrie. Since then I've gone from being a diehard who had around a 98% attendance rate at home and away competitive matches from the age of 8 years old to someone who goes to no more than 3-4 St Mirren matches per season. I still spend money on football though enjoying matches all around the country at all levels of the game in Scotland and in England. I love the sport, I love the entertainment, I even love the tactical battles, but it's got to have been at least a couple of years since I saw a St Mirren match I actually enjoyed - and even at that I would imagine I could count the number of times I've felt entertained at a St Mirren match since I gave up my season ticket.

Bizarrely this season my two sons decided that they were going to get their first ever St Mirren season tickets. I honestly tried my best to warn them away but they wouldn't listen. They bought their new St Mirren tops - my youngest sons one is falling apart already - and their stadium cards arrived. They were excited about the season so much so my youngest was going to go to Ibrox on his own - I couldn't have him in that stadium on his own so I went with him - but before August is out my eldest son has already stopped going and my youngest has decided that his season ticket was the biggest waste of money he's ever committed to in his life.

I have to say as well I wonder how accurate the season ticket sales figures were. I got involved in a rather interesting conversation with a small group of St Mirren fans at the Morton match who told me that they had taken full advantage of the free season tickets for Under 12's when they realised that some of the seats next to them remained unsold. Apparently, so they could get more space in the stadium, they took the free season tickets - one putting them in the names of their 8 year old cat, and his 6 year old rabbit!

I like the idea of a cat having a pet rabbit.

• 3 weeks later...

Were you at the game, caller?

No, i ended up selling a car to a chap from Portabello and netted over £1100 profit tonight, more sales and a busy day planned for tomorrow. Utterly despicable i can't even feel the urge to buy my son a new Saints top incase he gets slagged for supporting such an embarrassing shower on non-entitys.

Edited by Stmirren#1

No, i ended up selling a car to a chap from Portabello and netted over £1100 profit tonight, more sales and a busy day planned for tomorrow. Utterly despicable i can't even feel the urge to buy my son a new Saints top incase he gets slagged for supporting such an embarrassing shower on non-entitys.

Oh, okay then.

You won't be missed, sunshine.

Through thick and thin eh...

It's quite incredible. I'm sitting out side the hotel which cost me £60 plus all the other costs . I'm a student mirren fan through and through nothing will ever make me give that up. The unloyal should pass off with their negativity.