No Ambition. And A Fool As Manager.

Kemp

I like the original 59er's style.

Paying customers of any industry should never comment or complain about the product or service they receive unless they've actually done the job themselves!

Paying customers should shut up and know their place!

FFS!

Some folk must spend their life enjoying being walked all over!

I hardly go to games anymore. Its shit. I don't care if I haven't been a football manager. I still know we are shit!

If it improves then I may come back. If not, then there are better things to do.

I'll leave it to the likes of the origins 59er, oaksoft, drew, ned, TC, et al, to hand over their hard earned cash and take any shite that comes their way without complaint.

Note.. Albeit, in oaksoft's case, hard earned cash doesn't really apply to a lecturer! :lol:

Edited by nosferatu

Paying customers of any industry should never comment or complain about the product or service they receive unless they've actually done the job themselves!

FFS!

I hardly go to games anymore. Its shit. I don't care if I haven't been a football manager. I still know we are shit!

If it improves then I may come back. If not, then there are better things to do.

I'll leave it to the likes of the origins 59er, oaksoft, drew, ned, TC, et al, to hand over their hard earned cash and take any shite that comes their way without complaint.

Note.. Albeit, in oaksoft's case, hard earned cash doesn't really apply to a lecturer! :lol:

Now ... There... Now... Sunny me boy..!

Do you think its easy for someone like Mr Oaky Dokes to stand around all day telling whichever poor souls have the misfortune to be on the recieving end how "It Is"..?

Errr...? Hmmmmm..... Ahhh....!

icon_share.png

Posted Today, 05:35

FFS!

Note.. Albeit, in oaksoft's case, hard earned cash doesn't really apply to a lecturer! laugh.png

Wow, weren't you up early to fire the machine gun at the world!

I don't expect a non-critical stance taken by every poster / attendee at a Saints game, as I said in my original post everyone has a right to an opinion, especially if they have spent their well earned cash (Oaksoft apart) in attending.

My main point, which seems to have been supported by a few is that it's easy and popular for those who are perhaps well versed in 'Football Manager' or have maybe organised their son's / daughter's football side to become experts and highly critical of Managers, coaches and players never having got close to that standard themselves.

Yes they have an opinion, but the media in days gone by controlled the excesses of these opinions and as a result the constant negative rumblings never got the same amount of space or opportunity to spout relatively ill-informed opinions.

I would say that from watching Saints on Saturday they started very brightly, showed real promise for the first 25 minutes then they seemed to lose their way a bit. I might venture the opinion that they seem to lack confidence or that when a bit of adversity comes along they seem to lose shape, but I've seen lots of Saints teams do this, not just a DL, TC, GT or IM version.

I went to watch the Saints in the1960's and 70's and a lot of it wasn't a pretty sight. There were many passengers in the side at times, there was a total lack of conviction and there were very occasional bright spots, but did I write to the newspapers with a diatribe about how crap they were, no, I turned up again and again, no matter how sh*te they were and continued to support them. That was almost a decade of poor fare.

My post was described as "pretentious sh*t"..................... I could take a slight exception to that, in fact when I read it I probably did, but I do believe that the internet has opened up an avenue for anyone and anything to post what they want and believe it is true.

Ride the roller coaster, go if you want, watch on tv or hide behind the sofa if you want, but accept that being a Buddie has NEVER been easy.

My main point, which seems to have been supported by a few is that it's easy and popular for those who are perhaps well versed in 'Football Manager' or have maybe organised their son's / daughter's football side to become experts and highly critical of Managers, coaches and players never having got close to that standard themselves.

While I agree with your opinion, for me this isn't the real issue.

It's more or less an argument for scrapping the forum - people posting a bunch of opinions when they are not 'qualified' to do so. Of course that happens; that's the whole point of the forum.

With a few notable exceptions, the vast majority of people who read and post on this forum are doing so because they care about Saints. If a lot of them are not happy, then I think the club should be paying attention and doing something about it. They are after all the target market for the club.

In my opinion the days of blind loyalty are a thing of the past. Saints exist is a market place where there are a lot of other competing forms of entertainment, looking to secure peoples money and attention. Saints need to pay attention to customer service and if a lot of customers are unhappy they will eventually move on to other things. If they want to expand their fan base in the long term and improve the club this area is going to be increasingly important.

I can't see a good argument for the media controlling anything, let alone people's opinions but I would have thought that the opinions of the suuporters would be a far more valuable resource for the club than the opinions of so called experts like Craig Burley, Hugh Keevins etc.

Edited by ds10

While I agree with your opinion, for me this isn't the real issue.

It's more or less an argument for scrapping the forum - people posting a bunch of opinions when they are not 'qualified' to do so. Of course that happens; that's the whole point of the forum.

With a few notable exceptions, the vast majority of people who read and post on this forum are doing so because they care about Saints. If a lot of them are not happy, then I think the club should be paying attention and doing something about it. They are after all the target market for the club.

In my opinion the days of blind loyalty are a thing of the past. Saints exist is a market place where there are a lot of other competing forms of entertainment, looking to secure peoples money and attention. Saints need to pay attention to customer service and if a lot of customers are unhappy they will eventually move on to other things. If they want to expand their fan base in the long term and improve the club this area is going to be increasingly important.

I can't see a good argument for the media controlling anything, let alone people's opinions but I would have thought that the opinions of the suuporters would be a far more valuable resource for the club than the opinions of so called experts like Craig Burley, Hugh Keevins etc.

You have found a much nicer and more eleoquent way of relaying the same message as I put across, have a likeee

ETA, we should also mention the old days of radio phone-ins with Sanderson and his ilk, where bile, bilge and poorly informed opinion was given a public airing every lunchtime-you can blame the internet for a lot of things but not for allowing fitba' fans the excuse to talk shite

Edited by beyond our ken

Exactly. For me it's been noticeable for some time that there's no one within the club that has enough marketing/communications savvy to cotton onto the above.

Whenever board members have talked about social media before they come across as complete Luddites, which may have been acceptable in the 90's... But doesn't really cut the mustard now. They always talk of it as being a 'problem' rather than trying to harness it and use to their advantage.

The marketing and commercial side of St Mirren is so amateurish unfortunately.

FFS!

Note.. Albeit, in oaksoft's case, hard earned cash doesn't really apply to a lecturer! lol.gif:

Aye, you continue with your campaign to suck the life out of everyone.....

Why don't you write to the commercial manager and tell him where or what he's doing wrong.

I love these type of pôsts... You know like the one above "why dont you...?"

They are classic in their own way as they give a complete insight into soomeone who has no point to debate! Its the equivalent of putting your hands up, or throwing in the debating towel...

Youd never get a decent politician pouting such a line as it invites a drubbing!

I love these type of pôsts... You know like the one above "why dont you...?"

They are classic in their own way as they give a complete insight into soomeone who has no point to debate! Its the equivalent of putting your hands up, or throwing in the debating towel...

Youd never get a decent politician pouting such a line as it invites a drubbing!

Your on ignore.

Exactly.

Yes... It's not my job. What is your point exactly?

Are you trying to insinuate that I'm not allowed/qualified to form an opinion on the effectiveness of St Mirren's marketing and communications because it's not my job? That's a rather bizarre stance to take given we're on a St Mirren discussion board.

fwiw I've worked in a professional marketing/communications capacity for a number of years. However...you don't have to have worked in this area to be allowed an opinion or come to the same conclusion. We're all customers so whatever opinion you've formed is equally valid to you.

I've heard SG on numerous occasions chastising social media and essentially saying what a pain in the arse it is. In this day and age that is frankly such an antiquated/head in the sand type of stance to take. It also makes him sound like he's completely out of touch with how companies communicate with their customers nowadays, which doesn't reflect well on him or the club.

You may not think its particularly important but if it results in fans feeling disengaged then it can only have a negative impact.

Anyway, it's not my job.

Yes... It's not my job. What is your point exactly?

Are you trying to insinuate that I'm not allowed/qualified to form an opinion on the effectiveness of St Mirren's marketing and communications because it's not my job? That's a rather bizarre stance to take given we're on a St Mirren discussion board.

fwiw I've worked in a professional marketing/communications capacity for a number of years. However...you don't have to have worked in this area to be allowed an opinion or come to the same conclusion. We're all customers so whatever opinion you've formed is equally valid to you.

I've heard SG on numerous occasions chastising social media and essentially saying what a pain in the arse it is. In this day and age that is frankly such an antiquated/head in the sand type of stance to take. It also makes him sound like he's completely out of touch with how companies communicate with their customers nowadays, which doesn't reflect well on him or the club.

You may not think its particularly important but if it results in fans feeling disengaged then it can only have a negative impact.

Anyway, it's not my job.

I know it's not your job exactly. But surely with your vast experience in the marketing/communications world, you could as a loyal supporter offer your services and point out to them where they are lacking in that department as you have to us on the forum.

I generally agree that the Club appears to have difficulties with the internet. With appropriately qualified or enthusiastic people in the right places they could harness the power of the internet better than they do.

The power of the internet is probably partially to blame for the demise of DL, maybe TC but probably not GT, but without doubt it also allows a plethora of negative comment to be fired rightly or wrongly over the airwaves into the ether and allows non-skilled individuals to have more say that they would ever normally have enjoyed.

Some seem to think that my argument is that no-one should criticise. They missed the point there, everyone, who attends has a right to comment, it just seems that some have (1) a permanent dislike of the BoD's, the management or their appointments, or (2) a warped sense of expectations of what St Mirren are going to achieve and their credentials for making these comments are questionable at best.

Returning to the 1st paragraph, Ally, if you think you could do a better job or at least offer an insight to the club where they are going wrong, write to them, construct a letter that points out their failings and do it in such a way that you aren't being condescending but get your point across. If you have the experience, and the understanding of what is needed, it's people like you that can make it better.

Edited by The Original 59er

Returning to the 1st paragraph, Ally, if you think you could do a better job or at least offer an insight to the club where they are going wrong, write to them, construct a letter that points out their failings and do it in such a way that you aren't being condescending but get your point across. If you have the experience, and the understanding of what is needed, it's people like you that can make it better.

Best of luck there, I tried and got shot down in flames.

I generally agree that the Club appears to have difficulties with the internet. With appropriately qualified or enthusiastic people in the right places they could harness the power of the internet better than they do.

The power of the internet is probably partially to blame for the demise of DL, maybe TC but probably not GT, but without doubt it also allows a plethora of negative comment to be fired rightly or wrongly over the airwaves into the ether and allows non-skilled individuals to have more say that they would ever normally have enjoyed.

Some seem to think that my argument is that no-one should criticise. They missed the point there, everyone, who attends has a right to comment, it just seems that some have (1) a permanent dislike of the BoD's, the management or their appointments, or (2) a warped sense of expectations of what St Mirren are going to achieve and their credentials for making these comments are questionable at best.

If it weren't for those bloody customers...

I mean, what the fcuk do the customers know?

They should shut up and put up with what the get!