Agnew... A Luxury We Cant Afford..?

Exactly, we need to use our strengths. Agnew has proven he can score goals with his shooting ability so play him just behind the striker(s) and forget about asking him to track back, tackle and create.

He's more lethal at shooting than any of our strikers are so to my mind he should be up that end of the pitch

Just read that Agnew has a history of scoring against Raith, so aye, good idea! :P

Exactly, we need to use our strengths. Agnew has proven he can score goals with his shooting ability so play him just behind the striker(s) and forget about asking him to track back, tackle and create.

He's more lethal at shooting than any of our strikers are so to my mind he should be up that end of the pitch

So you saying that Agnew has a better shot it freelick than mallan Edited by billymehmet1

The previous assault on Paul McMullan by Peter Grant was the reason he went off injured, not the the instance where the ball was kicked off his leg in front of the dugouts.

He was already suffering the effects of the first tackle, and that's why he had to go off.

McMullan is decent yes however far too wee and skinny ever to make an impression on Celtic's team or any other in the SPL due to his size, McGowan was a far better prospect and player than McMullan and had the right physique, he f**ked up however due to social misdeameanours and not through his inability to play football or size for that matter.

Edited by Stmirren#1

This may be controversial but I think Agnew is a good player. We all know about his shooting etc, but I actually thought he showed a good bit of dig on Saturday and broke up play quite well. He's still got a lot to learn but people need to bear in mind he's only 2 months into his first season as a full-time pro.

He's certainly miles ahead of Jon Robertson who was another plucked from part-time football and showed no potential to step up.

Give Agnew time.

This may be controversial but I think Agnew is a good player. We all know about his shooting etc, but I actually thought he showed a good bit of dig on Saturday and broke up play quite well. He's still got a lot to learn but people need to bear in mind he's only 2 months into his first season as a full-time pro.

He's certainly miles ahead of Jon Robertson who was another plucked from part-time football and showed no potential to step up.

Give Agnew time.

st.Mirren fans don't do time

lol

McMullan is decent yes however far too wee and skinny ever to make an impression on Celtic's team or any other in the SPL due to his size, McGowan was a far better prospect and player than McMullan and had the right physique, he f**ked up however due to social misdeameanours and not through his inability to play football or size for that matter.

Take it you didn't see his goal v livi when he brushed aside a centre back twice his size. He's far stronger than he looks. players like messi sterling are doing not to bad for there size.

Mcmullan is a great prospect good enough for Celtic prob not at this stage in his career but McGowan was no where near good enough for Celtic.

Conlan hasn't been fit so someone had to fill the void.

Its pitiful.

How's he not been fit?? He had an u21 call up why would he get that if he wasn't fit?

He's been terrible so far do you think he's been good?

Who would you rather see on our bench our young Jordan Stewart or burnleys Luke conlan because neither at this moment are a better option than kelly

The previous assault on Paul McMullan by Peter Grant was the reason he went off injured, not the the instance where the ball was kicked off his leg in front of the dugouts.

He was already suffering the effects of the first tackle, and that's why he had to go off.

The poor guy should have been subbed in the first instance and was still hobbling after it , when the ball did hit him it even looked painful from where I was sitting in the Westbank. . genuinely hope the guy is okay and can continue his career this weekend against Range Rovers. .

How's he not been fit?? He had an u21 call up why would he get that if he wasn't fit?

He's been terrible so far do you think he's been good?

Who would you rather see on our bench our young Jordan Stewart or burnleys Luke conlan because neither at this moment are a better option than kelly

Wind your neck in, FFS.

Hoping Agnew comes good. Murray doesn't seem to rate some of his other midfield signings like Howieson or Gow enough to displace him and has soon turned to guys like Goodwin and Mallan who he had dropped early on

I think you have identified Murray's biggest failing!

He has chosen and signed a collection of midfielders who are just not up to it. He has hamstrung himself, leaving him the option of replacing an under performing player with a shite one before or during a game. None of his midfield signings can come in and dominate in their position.

Given he had the choice, and he "knows the league" (well at least knows how to get gubbed each week in it) he has made a bigger cock up of signings than Tommy C did. And that's saying something. If it wasn't for Goodwin and Mallan as you say he dropped, then we would probably have no,points now!

I think you have identified Murray's biggest failing!

He has chosen and signed a collection of midfielders who are just not up to it. He has hamstrung himself, leaving him the option of replacing an under performing player with a shite one before or during a game. None of his midfield signings can come in and dominate in their position.

Given he had the choice, and he "knows the league" (well at least knows how to get gubbed each week in it) he has made a bigger cock up of signings than Tommy C did. And that's saying something. If it wasn't for Goodwin and Mallan as you say he dropped, then we would probably have no,points now!

So...

I think I've got this right....

You started this thread, just so you could turn it into another of your anti-Murray threads.

I was right with my initial post.

"FFS"

Other people have piled in supporting Agnew, but you prefer not to keep on topic. It's not what you ever wanted to talk about.

This should be merged with your other apologies for anti-Murray threads.

You're not discussing, not debating just propagandising to an agenda only you understand.

So...

I think I've got this right....

You started this thread, just so you could turn it into another of your anti-Murray threads.

I was right with my initial post.

"FFS"

Other people have piled in supporting Agnew, but you prefer not to keep on topic. It's not what you ever wanted to talk about.

This should be merged with your other apologies for anti-Murray threads.

You're not discussing, not debating just propagandising to an agenda only you understand.

Or.....

As most people may read it, i am picking up on another posters comment that shone a light for me on to where our biggest problems lie .I.E. Midfield, and particularly the performances thus far of Agnew!

To assist the hard of thinking i will state again.... I hope Murray proves me wrong, we go on a good run and climb the table.

So far that doesn't look likely.

I must have missed those multiple posts you say were "Piling In" to support Agnew, i have seen one though!

Or.....

As most people may read it, i am picking up on another posters comment that shone a light for me on to where our biggest problems lie .I.E. Midfield, and particularly the performances thus far of Agnew!

To assist the hard of thinking i will state again.... I hope Murray proves me wrong, we go on a good run and climb the table.

So far that doesn't look likely.

I must have missed those multiple posts you say were "Piling In" to support Agnew, i have seen one though!

To be fair to you, I have missed the posts of other obvious trolls cos I ignore them, but I doubt you have such a variety on Ignore that you missed all the Agnew-supportive posts. Surely you, at least, read your own threads?

People have posted, backing Agnew. You have not kept on that subject. You have ignored that input... And twisted it back to IM.

Fwiw, my attitude to him has not improved since my initial giving him benefit of the doubt. I thoroughly disliked the "wait till the end of August" tack, but a couple of good players DID materialise. Too late, for me.

There ARE good players available, but he still has not got the best from them. He still is not managing well. He deserves no more leeway than all the other managers forced to work with the post-Bosman contract situation ie ALL other managers in the same boat, every year. And... IM has a bigger budget than most.

But I don't start a f**kin new/tediously old thread every day tae greet aboot it.

I hope this helps? :)

Edited by bluto