The Goalie Coach

Kemp

Can we get a coach in to coach the coach to no put the ball back in the danger zone every f**king time??

Never thought I would say this but come back Ridgers, all is forgiven!

Not that the overall shambles is Langfields fault, hopefully Mark will come back once we are under the new management. Tomorrow, maybe?

No 1 rule as a goalkeeper is that you don't parry the ball back straight in front of you - afraid Langfield did that all night. He also is totally lost at cross balls and his kicking ......... aye apart from all that he's fine !

I think he is ok with crosses. Hopefully he can teach Ridgers that part, as Ridgers does near enough bring about a heart attack every time the ball comes in.

Still it could be worse, we could have Grant Adam!! :)

Langfield needs dropped. Simple.

Problem is you're replacing him with a guy who hasn't played a single minute of first team football - or are we able to bring Ridgers back from his loan spell?

Regardless of the reasoning behind it, letting Ridgers go removed any competition for the goalkeeper's slot.

And if Langfield could also stop the Neuer impressions too that would be great - far scarier than Samson's attempts to play with the ball at his feet during the 2011/12 season.

His poor kicking repeatedly put us back under pressure last night, even in the first half.

I thought at the time he should have done better with the initial shot before the goal and the highlights confirm that. Murray reckoned it was a great save though.

I thought Ridgers was doing ok before Langfield came and was unlucky to be dropped.

Just watched the Aberdeen game and seen that Jamie was one of the pundits which got me thinking, here we have out first choice keeper, who lets face it is only awrite as a goalie and even that is at times. He is clearly only with us to see out his career and possibly has his mind on more long term projects. Our club should have a keeper who is at the top of his game (or damn close to it) and concentrates all his time on his St Mirren performances. Giving him the no1 shirt was a mistake by Murray and the whole thing shows that the manager and board are happy to accept compromises. If you read this Jamie then it's nothing personal but we the fans demand and deserve 100% commitment to the club!

Langfield is chronic. Dumped by the sheep as they knew he was of no use to them. His pal gives him a coaching job...... a perennial dodgy keeper as a coach...... awesome!

Last time we played Morton Langfield was man of the match. He is capable, trouble is as last line of defence he is getting horribly exposed. Agree with point someone made about him having no competition for the starting slot, the club was wrong there.......

Edited by Seaside Nipper

langfield makes saves Ridgers wouldn't get near yet makes terrible mistakes, I think they are just as bad as each other..

What saves?

One of the best saves I've ever seen live was by Ridgers in Dingwall last season. Can't recall any worldies from the aptly named clangers in his time with us.

Both keepers are shite. Clangers marginally ahead, better shot stopper, Ridgers distribution marginally better but that might be down to our tactics. Both equally likely to balls things up.

It's the distribution that is the biggest problem with Langfield for me. Admittedly I haven't seen him play as much as you guys, but any time I have watched him he's repeatedly played long early balls often to a lone striker, or to the flanks when quite frankly the midfield is nowhere near high enough up the pitch to win any second balls. It seems utterly basic to me and it's contributing to the massive problem St Mirren have where they simply cannot hold onto possession and where the ball keeps coming back on top of them time and time again.

I don't think Langfield is any more suspect at crosses or with shots than any other goalkeeper St Mirren have had in recent years, but his distribution is certainly amongst the worst I've seen in quite some time.

Just watched the Aberdeen game and seen that Jamie was one of the pundits which got me thinking, here we have out first choice keeper, who lets face it is only awrite as a goalie and even that is at times. He is clearly only with us to see out his career and possibly has his mind on more long term projects. Our club should have a keeper who is at the top of his game (or damn close to it) and concentrates all his time on his St Mirren performances. Giving him the no1 shirt was a mistake by Murray and the whole thing shows that the manager and board are happy to accept compromises. If you read this Jamie then it's nothing personal but we the fans demand and deserve 100% commitment to the club!

Are you accusing Thommo and Goody of similar, both regular guests on TV and radio??

Langfield has made mistakes for certain but not sure it's down to a lack of commitment to St Mirren