Murray Resigns - Confirmed

TopCat

The guy is entitled to some respect, yes. He is still an individual. .

The question now is , who will be next for what is becoming, the poisoned challis . .

Stewart Gilmour can no doubt refer to the "thirty plus applicants" he must still have on file from the last issue of invitation to manage the club

It was vindictive abuse, Stu, directed straight at the guy as he walked across the pitch looking completely haunted. We're talking middle-aged men among those hurling this at the guy. Mob mentality stuff, that was sickening to see.

ETA - for example, some guy walking down the steps shouted "get to f**k, ya useless c**t!". Totally unnecessary.

I really dont like the idea of that kind of close up, in yer face, vindictive abuse. I would never do that no matter how upset or angry I was and would be mighty wary of those who did.

Anyway, I do think Alex Miller will be able to organise stabalise enough to make sure we are, at worst, 3rd bottom at the end of the season....then we go again in 2016/17

It was vindictive abuse, Stu, directed straight at the guy as he walked across the pitch looking completely haunted. We're talking middle-aged men among those hurling this at the guy. Mob mentality stuff, that was sickening to see.

ETA - for example, some guy walking down the steps shouted "get to f**k, ya useless c**t!". Totally unnecessary.

3 points

1. Yes, its quite unbelievable that grown men act like that and, indeed, are that bothered

2. It always amuses me watching that stuff. :lol:

3. It was possibly the abuse that was the final straw.

I understand your defence of the man & the condemnation of the abuse Drew but when someone stands in front of a TV camera & basically states he knows best it is bound to provoke a reaction.

I wasn`t there today so i cant comment on the level of abuse but if you hold yourself up to be better than others & clearly .... ARE NOT , you are setting yourself up for a massive backlash .

I understand that, and said it at the time.

The doesn't excuse some of the OTT behaviour this afternoon, though. The guy was clearly a dead man walking, and the way he was treated would have anyone thinking he was a serial paedophile walking into court, not a football manager who was out of his depth leaving the pitch in a desolate state.

I am simply telling it as I saw it, and I found it sickening.

Edited by Drew

3 points

1. Yes, its quite unbelievable that grown men act like that and, indeed, are that bothered

Aye, but on point 2, it didn't seem amusing when the guy was being subjected to it by people standing yards away.

3 points

2. It always amuses me watching that stuff. lol.gif:

Just a thought - maybe if they had done it a couple of months back we would be in a better place already!!!!

I understand that, and said it at the time.

The doesn't excuse some of the OTT behaviour this afternoon, though. The guy clearly a dead man walking, and the way he was treated would have anyone thinking he was a serial paedophile walking into court, not a football manager who was out of his depth leaving the pitch in a desolate state.

I am simply telling it as I saw it, and I found it sickening.

I wasn't there, but c'mon Drew.

Do you not laugh at these guys? They are genuine, unintentional comedy!

Edited by nosferatu

3 points

Aye stuff like c u ya useless prick ya cnunt, eh , aye seriously , windmill arms and all pointed rage, it's unhinged stuff, born out of utter frustration and a limited vocabulary, it is comedy gold though when you watch the nuggets unravel with a full force spleen vent. The laughable collective mob madness.

It would genuinely be more amusing if it wasn't kinda voyeuristically unpleasant.

I understand your defence of the man & the condemnation of the abuse Drew but when someone stands in front of a TV camera & basically states he knows best it is bound to provoke a reaction .

aye amongst scumbag cowards in our support who cant control their anger. a bit like toddlers really.

Why would he pull journos aside to tell them first?

I have no sympathy. He was driving our club to oblivion & getting well rewarded for doing so. Dont buy the " hes doing the best for the club by resigning " Crap . He realised he is not up to the job & left before he had a dirty big SACKED on his CV.

Dont let the door skelp yer arse on the way out !!

Speaking to a championship manager last week who was interviewed for the St.Mirren job.

He said at interview the team had to be in at least in 5th position by Xmas or else.

So , we have all to go to games , not voice an opinion, encourage all the players regardless of performance, smile benignly and behave like robots with a scarf, really

its not unreasonable to ask you to consider that this isnt just about you.

there are thiusands of other grown adults there who also paid to get in and dont want to hear your pathetic, desperate, needy, cowardly pish.

So , we have all to go to games , not voice an opinion, encourage all the players regardless of performance, smile benignly and behave like robots with a scarf, really

Where has anyone suggested that?

Have you heard the term 'regulating your behaviour'. It is a matter of degree and context. Were you perfectly comfortable with the atmosphere at FT this afternoon?

It smacked of playground bullying. One guy was getting it all when he was clearly utterly dejected.

Untenable after the 2nd half today but fully agree regarding the abuse. Left a minute or two early as you could feel it building towards ft and it was nasty. Oh and Miller isn't the answer if today is anything to go by. Sat slumped as far away from Murray as was physically possible not giving a f**k.

I understand your defence of the man & the condemnation of the abuse Drew but when someone stands in front of a TV camera & basically states he knows best it is bound to provoke a reaction.

I wasn`t there today so i cant comment on the level of abuse but if you hold yourself up to be better than others & clearly .... ARE NOT , you are setting yourself up for a massive backlash .

The booing on and off, pre-final whistle, was a bit tongue in cheek. The full time was a clear message, whether some went ott isn't really up from debate as you had a group of people and obviously some pretty much would have. Nothing was thrown though and nobody even rushed down the stairs. It was just stand, wait, begin. I can't recall our fans being that gathered before, aside from maybe up at Dingwall.

You must hear "ya c**t" at the end of tirades a lot though Drew, it's just what happens at football. Wouldn't happen at ice hockey, but just wait until Braehead lose 7 out of 8 and still charge through the nose for merchandise.

The booing on and off, pre-final whistle, was a bit tongue in cheek. The full time was a clear message, whether some went ott isn't really up from debate as you had a group of people and obviously some pretty much would have. Nothing was thrown though and nobody even rushed down the stairs. It was just stand, wait, begin. I can't recall our fans being that gathered before, aside from maybe up at Dingwall.

You must hear "ya c**t" at the end of tirades a lot though Drew, it's just what happens at football. Wouldn't happen at ice hockey, but just wait until Braehead lose 7 out of 8 and still charge through the nose for merchandise.

The words were all there but not necessarily in the right order . I think i understand what you are trying to say but ...... perhaps next time without the booze ? 1eye.gif1eye.gif

p.s. did you mean to reply to one of Drews posts ?? thumbup2.gif

Don't you see the difference here, though, Kenny? The guy was walking on his own the entire breadth of the pitch and people were hurling bile at him when it was abundantly clear that he was a wreck. There was no arrogant strut, or glares from the man. It was a pitiful sight, and I don't like seeing anyone in that position being pilloried, abused, and humiliated.

What was his crime, after all? Failing as a manager at St Mirren. I appreciate frustration and even a bit of anger, but today went way beyond that.

Edited by Drew