Murray Resigns - Confirmed

TopCat

Fair enough everyone entitled to an honest opinion but to actually verbally abuse the guy as he walked across that pitch was disgusting behaviour from our fans today not acceptable whatsoever.

The players are terrified when they get the ball because of the abuse they get and it's from guys who have probably never played a game of football in their lives no wonder Mallans dad went tonto good on him bet they shut up after that!!

Yeah , like the respect he showed the fan base two weeks ago with his patronising comments ?

The man has been the architect of his own downfall.

He took on a job that was way above his ability level & tried to deflect blame when it was apparent to everyone he didnt have a clue.

He knows he was over the line with the comments and has now done the right thing by falling on his sword . I don't think vehement public abuse ( with the possible exception of when it is directed at a certain Ref') helps anyone. Obviously, Buddies will feel strongly about what happened today. I remember hearing vehement abuse hurled at wee Anxious from the Northbank , long before he left . What did it achieve. .

I said Murray was out of his depth after the last Dumbarton game at SMP and I regard today as the inevitable . .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

I was watching for 90 minutes, the "abuse" being discussed came mostly at full time. He may know more, but that's assumed as he has a job in the industry. Mentioning it was a sign he had cracked, today was the sign he was past the point of no return.

Ah well , a relief to read a comment not containing 'disguised' foul language.

Not nice maybe, but scum etc nah! If you call shouting "ya c**t" scum like behaviour, where do you then go with vandalism, attacking people, abusing animals and all manner of other offences?.

i dont see a difference.

you are describing an entire sub class of human filth right there who contribute absolutely nothing to anyone.

i may well be a snob but i thank f**k i dont have to live amongst any of these people.

Edited by oaksoft

Were you watching our team (who were on the park ) or were you intent on targetting ( and abusing ? ) our manager Ian Murray.

Can't speak for you , but he certainly knows more about football than I do.

Ex manager thankfully. Had the fool been even semi competent then there would have been no abuse heading in his direction. Sadly he proved to be the wrong man from the get go. Given the job and then disappears on holiday, returns and then buggers off to the Czech Republic for a coaching course, meantime we barely have enough players to put out a team. His whole approach was lazy and disinterested and I'm sorry but he deserved al the abuse coming his way today.

Murray had a chance to make a name for himself with our club and he blew it in the most spectacular fashion. As he walked across that field today I'd imagine that was something he was probably reflecting on.

Ex manager thankfully. Had the fool been even semi competent then there would have been no abuse heading in his direction. Sadly he proved to be the wrong man from the get go. Given the job and then disappears on holiday, returns and then buggers off to the Czech Republic for a coaching course, meantime we barely have enough players to put out a team. His whole approach was lazy and disinterested and I'm sorry but he deserved al the abuse coming his way today.

Murray had a chance to make a name for himself with our club and he blew it in the most spectacular fashion. As he walked across that field today I'd imagine that was something he was probably reflecting on.

Expect better from you, Scott.

The BoD appointed him with the knowledge that he had a family holiday booked (how dare he!), and a coaching junket planned. How is this a reflection on his attitude?

Lazy? Disinterested? Do you have access to his social calendar? Was he fannying about when he should have been working?

He wasn't up to it. That is patently obvious. Your other charges are spurious at best.

I was there today. He DID NOT deserve that. Were you there?

Expect better from you, Scott.

The BoD appointed him with the knowledge that he had a family holiday booked (how dare he!), and a coaching junket planned. How is this a reflection on his attitude?

Lazy? Disinterested? Do you have access to his social calendar? Was he fannying about when he should have been working?

He wasn't up to it. That is patently obvious. Your other charges are spurious at best.

I was there today. He DID NOT deserve that. Were you there?

Yes I was there. Other than Ibrox matches I've been at every game this season.

Maybe I am being harsh on him but today was the coming to a head of all that has occured this season. Perhaps it was unfortuanate that it occured at the prime ground for a bit of manager baiting as they have to walk back accross the field toward the fans rather than disappear down the tunnel.

Sure the guy is entitled to a holiday but not having a squad capable of competing in place by the seasons start was unforgivable. He had adequate backing from the much maligned board in terms of finance and Brian Caldwell sealed all the deals for players that he wanted. It was all there for him to have us challenging for top 4 and he blew it.

Abuse 1 guy and give the wasters a nice wee clap as they trudge down the tunnel. Classy.

The players better hope they beat Alloa next week.....

Wasn't there today but that's not nice viewing.....

Clapping the players is f**king cringeworthy though, Murray has been a disaster, but these same players will find a miraculous turnaround in form from somewhere.

It is a results driven business and we have gone downhill faster than a f#cken Olympic Bobsleigh Gold Medalist. F#ck feeling sorry for Murray, I'm just amazed that it's taken so long for the St Mirren faithful to vent their discontent - yes today might have been over the top but we have just been beaten by DUMBARTON for the second time this season ffs !

He has done the right thing and left before he was sacked - we now need to regroup and try to salvage something from this car crash of s season.

Players and fans alike ...... COYS !!

That's like the old style boo boy barracking which I mentioned before , that got rid of Wilson Humphries and Willie Cunningham ! You've got to feel for the guy as he troops of for the last time , but it shows that the core away support , quite correctly, won't stand for the crap that's been on offer for any length of time !

What a precious bunch our supporters are.

"Murray GTF" and "You don't know what you're doing" chants are perfectly acceptable. Unless there were other, more personal chants aimed at IM that are not captured in the above video then I fail to see the problem.

As paying customers we are perfectly entitle to give our opinion. When you have done abysmally as IM has then come out with statements like "I know better than you" then you have to accept a backlash.

The chants in the video are far from "bile". It's not like they attacked him or his fanily personally.

As I've said earlier, I don't like to see anyone lose their job, but chucking it was the right thing to do.

That's like the old style boo boy barracking which I mentioned before , that got rid of Wilson Humphries and Willie Cunningham ! You've got to feel for the guy as he troops of for the last time , but it shows that the core away support , quite correctly, won't stand for the crap that's been on offer for any length of time !

I'll echo that. I was there today and i also think the man had to go... Hiwever, to watch him walk off to that isn't nice to see. It's written all over his face how he feels. Not pleasant but it wasn't to be and he had to go.... All the best Murray

What a classy bunch!! :toilet

Don't kid yourself, any other set of fans would give a manager with Murray's abysmal record similar treatment. Unfortunately it goes with the territory in football management . I'm sure Iain Murray knew that he was in for a roasting if the result went against him.

Morton fans dished out similar or worse abuse to Jim Mcinally and Alan Moore it's what football fans do, it's not pleasent but definitely not exclusive to St Mirren. Football fans all do it whoever the club might be.

Drew has made a rip roaring arse of himself here!

I think Murray got off lightly to be honest!

He had the chance at a great job and spent his first month on holiday. He should be tarred and feathered and hung at Paisley Cross. You can't f**k Paisley folk about like this!