First Saints Game That You Can Remember Attending

Kendo

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1974&GameID=1485

Feck me I'm old, to be fair I was only 9 at the time, but remember it well, totally hooked after that, the old man took me to all the home games and most of the always after that.

GIRUY MICKY LAWSON!!!!

Did Celtic not put 7 past us twice in that era?

We got pumped 7-1 in the 88-89 season, I think. My old man had got free tickets for the main stand at Darkheed. Think we were 1 or 2 down when Chalmers scored a great header. In my teenage inexperience/numptiness, I showed my appreciation/colours and had to endure the 'banter' from the Celtic fans as they went on and hammered us. Im sure some of them were at the 2013 League Cup semi though.

First game I remember is a game against Montrose which I think was either 75 or 76. I was only 6 or 7 at the time.

Mine was also against Montrose in '74 or '75, although I was a couple of years older attending my first game, as prior to that I spent my Saturdays down at the racecourse or KGV watching the Neilsonians, as my dad and my mate's dad played for them.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1974&GameID=1485

Feck me I'm old, to be fair I was only 9 at the time, but remember it well, totally hooked after that, the old man took me to all the home games and most of the always after that.

No worries. i remember being at that game behind the goals at the Love Street. Loads of space! I can't remember my first game except it was 1968/69 season.

Mine was also against Montrose in '74 or '75, although I was a couple of years older attending my first game, as prior to that I spent my Saturdays down at the racecourse or KGV watching the Neilsonians, as my dad and my mate's dad played for them.

I was steeped in the Amateurs too growing up. India of Inchinnan ! Saw them playing Neilsonians on numerous occasions ! I remember some of their players as I'm a Neilsonian myself. Norrie Brown , Duncan Rose , Jim Gatherer , Brian Knox , Alistair Scott etc I think Arthur Lemay was the secretary ?

The 1st big game I attended and I remember it vividly.I was in the Main Stand and found it very strange that they had taken over the rest of the ground.I also remember asking why they had yellow in their flags when they play in green and white.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1970&GameID=1319

First Saints game I would have went to was around 1985 / 1986, but I don't remember what one specifically. First real memory I have is a game from the late 80s (can't remember who it was against), where a guy was sitting in front of us with his 4 or 5 year old son, and kept pointing to our keeper and proclaiming "See that man in the goal, he's Campbell Money, the best goalie in Scotland!". He must have repeated it half a dozen times as the match went on. It would have been fine if not for the fact that Les Fridge was in goals for us that day...

I was steeped in the Amateurs too growing up. India of Inchinnan ! Saw them playing Neilsonians on numerous occasions ! I remember some of their players as I'm a Neilsonian myself. Norrie Brown , Duncan Rose , Jim Gatherer , Brian Knox , Alistair Scott etc I think Arthur Lemay was the secretary ?

I recognise most of these names.

You can add Peter Donald formerly of SFA fame to that list IIRC.

Norman Wilson was also involved in running the club at that time too.

The 1st big game I attended and I remember it vividly.I was in the Main Stand and found it very strange that they had taken over the rest of the ground.I also remember asking why they had yellow in their flags when they play in green and white.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1970&GameID=1319

That is probably it although I think we also played the buns in a pre season friendly in 74?

Two things stick in my mind.

It was the first time I remember my dad saying "no" when I asked him if he thought we would win.

I was also confused why the away team had more supporters...

The friendly is a few posts above this one.

Aye, sorry, quoted the wrong post!

Yes, read that one first and meant to quote it. The buns had out a strong team!

Re the yellow in the Celtic flags... That is an odd one as there is no yellow in the Celtic strip and the third colour in the Irish tricolour is orange.

You don't see many Celtic flags with yellow these days though. They appear to just use the Irish tricolour instead.