Scottish Election 2016

shull

Stonking majorities? They were hardly going to lose Orkney and Shetland due to the local popularity of the incumbent MSPs up there. I've never came across such an utter political pipsqueak in my life. He makes that snivelling shit David Steel look like Ian Paisley in comparison

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Despite having served two terms as the governing party in Scotland, contesting a system that was designed to prevent any one party getting an overall majority and being front runners in the campaign the SNP only came up two seats short - excellent result.

Personally I'm glad to see the Tories in second place to because, as others have mentioned, they fought the election on one policy - Support the Union - and they got less than 25% of the vote. The real question now in Scottish politics is for the rank and file members of the Scottish Labour Party do you want permaToryrule in the UK or a left of centre independent Scotland?

After yesterday's vote I'm more convinced that we'll get Independence. Never give up the struggle - Independence, Independence, Independence!

Edited by Bud the Baker

It looks very bad for Scottish Labour and in particularly for Kezzie. They just seem an irrelevance. The idea that Davidson would be marginally better at first ministers question time then Kezzie seems to be enough to persuade a significant number of unionists to desert Labour. Davidson had a clear picture of what she was standing for, Slab still had this idea that we owed them our votes cos their lefties don'tcha know.

SNP Baaaaad!whistling.gif

I'm sure when the opposition parties get anywhere near being in a position to affect how the country is run, we'll see them implement the promises regarding tax.rolleyes.gif

But back in the real world, where none of them have a hope in hell of getting anywhere near governance, due to gross incompetence of their respective parties, (Greens excluded) they can spout all the shite they like, knowing they will never be made to implement their fantasy manifestos.

I am talking about the tax band rise of the 40p rate. This IS being implemented by Westminster across the UK apart from Scotland as the snp are not copying... instead our middle earners will pay more in tax than we would of we lived in England. However our top earners get a by as the snp aren't really as left as they want you to believe.

Here's your new National Flag, Bravehearts :thumbs2

attachicon.gifeuro.jpg

That's a horrible flag. Also, there are about 28 or so now members of Europe, so wtf do all these Wee stars in that daft iffy flag represent ? It's twelve and supposedly representative of some sort of balance, but as we all know, there is a f**king huge imbalance in this so called Union.

Lot of shite, but as long as we can return some form of Eurocrats then it might be awreet.

The waver of any Flag or Fleg may be a sectarian dude.

Especially at Ibrox and Parkhead.

Most certainly not at Wimbledon, Last Night of The Proms or even the fluttering of Purple yins at a Braehead Clan Match.

Yes the only way that there will be another referendum is if the SNP believe they can win it. They would be slaughtered if they lost another referendum.

there is unlikely to be a referendum in this next parliament. Yes the snp could win a vote to hold one with green support, but the reality is the chances of opinion polls delivering a mandate are poor given relatively low turnout and 45% plus support for unionists parties. What l hope for is effective opposition. Labour and the conservatives have summarily failed to call the government to account for its failings on education and health for last five years. Neither l suggest would have done a much better job of handling these unfortunately but the essence of democracy is holding legitimate governments to account. I am no fan of the tories but in an age of identity politics rather than policy driven elections, Ruth Davidson will probably give queen Nicola a better run for her money than the insipid kezia. Edited by the barrhead teacher

there is unlikely to be a referendum in this next parliament. Yes the snp could win a vote to hold one with green support, but the reality is the chances of opinion polls delivering a mandate are poor given relatively low turnout and 45% plus support for unionists parties. What l hope for is effective opposition. Labour and the conservatives have summarily failed to call the government to account for its failings on education and health for last five years. Neither l suggest would have done a much better job of handling these unfortunately but the essence of democracy is holding legitimate governments to account. I am no fan of the tories but in an age of identity politics rather than policy driven elections, Ruth Davidson will probably give queen Nicola a better run for her money than the insipid kezia.

I agree.

A result like this could have worked in Education's favour.

Unfortunately the education policies of every other party are equally nonsensical.

It doesn't help that the government listen to the likes of the SQA, Education Scotland and HMI inspectorate, who, if you've had the misfortune to have experience of dealing with them, all seem live in a fantasy world.

Edited by FTOF

I was listening to a right bunch of dafties on Radio shortbread yesterday about how the SNP need a strong opposition because they are becoming complacent and doing things like ; providing free school meals to kids from families that can afford to pay. .

FFS , what about the other major parties and their hideous desire to hang on to WMD's . . f**king makes me sick . .

I don't think the SNP are perfect by a long shot , in particular with their policy on Europe , but they have still got it right in most respects . .

Both Labour and Tory governments of recent years have seen fit to bomb innocent people and wage illegal wars in our names , on that basis , I could never vote for either of them. .

Don't think it's a good thing that anyone party has a majority to easy to steam roll policies through too easily. SNP still have a huge vote over other parties.

Yep, like closing Hairmyres hospital to all trauma patients and using it for elective surgery only, with the a ready overstretched Queen Elizabeth picking up much of the trauma patients from East Kilbride.

Well seen the SNP kept that quiet until Thursday.

Don't think it's a good thing that anyone party has a majority to easy to steam roll policies through too easily. SNP still have a huge vote over other parties.

Well one thing is for sure is that it will put the jibes by Anus Sarwar of a 'one party' state firmly into the long grass.

If anything, it will quell any complacency within the SNP bloc. The same complacency that has absolutely killed SLAB stone dead.

Yes I agree. There is no entry barrier to becoming a politician other than being elected. Personally I want them to do as little as possible. That way you minimise the number of f**k ups.

Coalitions or minority government is the best thing TBH.

Edited by oaksoft

Anus?

Is that his real name, whit a shame, if it is.

SLAB - WHAT IS THAT?

I should keep up with my politics.

His real name is Anas but nicknamed Anus amongst rank and file opponents simply because of the utter shite that comes out of him

SLAB - acronym for Scottish Labour.

Or am I about to be WHOOOOOSHED!