Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Scottish independence, and voted to remain in the EU. This morning, am I supposed to be angry and shouting the odds at those who voted the opposite way in both referendums? Or should I maybe get on with living my life, and checking out the price of a humble pie for Div in Tesco Linwood/Elderslie/Paisley/no-man's land between all three?

Of course, shares in humble pie manufacturing companies have just crashed. Better buy one today, they'll cost £24.99 tomorrow.

It's a sick joke. Farage made some sort of announcement around midnight saying he thought 'remain' were going to win, and the pound jumped to $1.50 US. Farage commented before any result, possibly bar the Gibralter and Orkney ones, were known. Then Newcastle was tighter than expected, although still a 'remain' win, but Farage seemingly commented along the lines of 'hold on, maybe it won't be a remain win' - and the pound crashed against the dollar.

These cnuts in 'the city' and the markets... It's almost like they support, let's say, Arsenal, and someone tells them Wenger has resigned leaving them managerless. Their immediate reaction is 'that's us fcuked. Relegation. We're heading the way of Aston Villa.'.... Two minutes later Sky Sports announce Mourinho has sensationally walked out of Man Utd to join Arsenal, and their reaction is now (within the space of two minutes) 'Champions for the next ten years. The next Barcelona. World domination... Gooners!'.

Fcukers. (city cnuts, not Arsenal).

Aye but remember Farage is an ex commodity broker. Plenty of his friends will have made a fortune last night.

The fools are the ones using the votility in the market at this stage to claim Brexit is a disaster. We're a long way from knowing what any of the implications will be.

Wales, built on EU money, votes leave.  Bye Bye airbus and Toyota

The north east of England votes to send the Nissan factory to mainland Europe

West Country votes to encourage Honda out of Swindon and into Europe

It all makes perfect sense

But maybe an independent Scotland can hoover all that up-as well as the City of London jobs.

Get yer skates on, Nicola

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Aye but remember Farage is an ex commodity broker. Plenty of his friends will have made a fortune last night.

The fools are the ones using the votility in the market at this stage to claim Brexit is a disaster. We're a long way from knowing what any of the implications will be.

Oh, it's not a leap to imagine Farage planned to leak out a 'remain look likely to win' statement, knowing what the markets reaction would be, allowing his pals to cash in. If he did deliberately make such a statement, he needed the city market trader types to react in the completely OTT way they did to his few simple words before his pals could tap, tap boom.

They obliged. Nigel opened his gob with a one sentence soundbite and off we go.

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Can't help wondering how those who voted No 2 years ago to ensure we stayed in the EU are feeling now..

The reason I replied was because I don't think that staying in the EU would have been the priority for most of the no, which what I believe you were implying.

Regardless, I can decide to reply to any post I like and make any post I like...

I surprised that you didn't side with the racists considering your hatred of the English and your contempt of the disabled.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Excuse me? Can you show me where I said we have too many immigrants? In fact, I think you may have quoted my entire post on the previous page in error. Has to be.

I wasn't saying that but my sentence wasn't very clear TBF.

The Leave argument is that we have uncontrolled immigration.

Under those circumstances it's reasonable that many immigrants are now going to be extremely worried about the future.

The reason I replied was because I don't think that staying in the EU would have been the priority for most of the no, which what I believe you were implying.

Regardless, I can decide to reply to any post I like and make any post I like...

I surprised that you didn't side with the racists considering your hatred of the English and your contempt of the disabled.

I didn't say it was, though, did I? Simple arithmetic tells us that if c10% of the No vote was down to EU and they'd voted Yes then Yes would have won. Do keep up.

And let's have some proof of my "hatred of the English" and "contempt of the disabled." Unless you mean you, yourself, not all English and disabled, in which case you're spot on.

#thichasfcuk

God help us we need a rest from all this. I voted YES last time admit now I called it wrong. Anyway SNP do not have a majority now do they ?

They don't, despite getting a much bigger share of the vote than the blue Tories did in the much more democratic HoC. But there are a majority of indy supporting MSPs when you add the Greens.

Regardless of how you voted, it is poor that around 8 million of us were to lazy to move their arse and to make a decision if not for them self but their families. . No doubt they will be plenty of those 8 million bitching in the pub or at their work about the result <_<

Guest TPAFKATS
I didn't say it was, though, did I? Simple arithmetic tells us that if c10% of the No vote was down to EU and they'd voted Yes then Yes would have won. Do keep up.

And let's have some proof of my "hatred of the English" and "contempt of the disabled." Unless you mean you, yourself, not all English and disabled, in which case you're spot on.

#thichasfcuk

If it was 55/45 no, only 6% swing needed.

Guest TPAFKATS
Regardless of how you voted, it is poor that around 8 million of us were to lazy to move their arse and to make a decision if not for them self but their families. . No doubt they will be plenty of those 8 million bitching in the pub or at their work about the result <_>

Too lazy?

Mibees a straight choice of leave / remain left many with no option to vote for? Example being not wanting to leave but feeling the EU needs to be reformed, so don't want to vote for the status quo?

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I wasn't saying that but my sentence wasn't very clear TBF.

The Leave argument is that we have uncontrolled immigration.

Under those circumstances it's reasonable that many immigrants are now going to be extremely worried about the future.

Sorry, my question was in regard to the post you made on Page 18 where you quoted a post of mine. What you posted looks like it should have come after a post from someone else. Just looking for confirmation that you quoted the wrong person.

Edited by pozbaird

It's all David Bowie's fault anyway. Remember him sticking his neb' in during the independence referendum giving it the Billy Big Baws "Scotland don't leave us" shite? Aye, where was he this time? Bloody pop stars. Fcukum.

Edited by pozbaird

54 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sorry, my question was in regard to the post you made on Page 18 where you quoted a post of mine. What you posted looks like it should have come after a post from someone else. Just looking for confirmation that you quoted the wrong person.

I have no idea and now I'm completely lost thnanks to the new forum layout.

Probably best to move on :lol:

28 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Less than that. 10% of 55% would do it....

Yep. The gap was 400,000 or thereabouts so 200,000 swing would do it.

This is 10% of the 2 million who wrongly voted No last time.

You'd think No voters would be happy to get a quick opportunity to correct their embarassing mistake.

Some of us have to wait a lifetime.:lol:

You'd think No voters would be happy to get a quick opportunity to correct their embarassing mistake.

Arrogant smug bastard!

I know Yes voters who have also said they would not make that "mistake" again.

In a democracy there are no right and wrong votes... Simply the facility to express your opinion of your own free will.

Mind you... Listening to your tosh at times makes me wish I lived in a dictatorship... and not the kind frau Sturgeon is building!

What a state :lol:

I voted no last time, I voted to leave yesterday, and I can't wait for the next independence referendum so I can vote no again.

I hope this upsets you.