Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'll be interesting go see what the voter turnout is. Never ceases to to amaze me the huge number of folk who rarely vote, yet moan like f**k about the state of things.

imo folk should be compelled to vote.

Imagine a dismal turnout of around 55 to 60 % over something as important for the country.

Hopefully turnout will be 75% plus, otherwise any decision is always liable to stand accused of being considered unrepresentative.

hay hoh, we'll know soon enough.:huh:

Did you not vote for an independent Scotland within the EU?

Correct I did and thank God the No vote won as our economy projection was based on oil being over $100 a Barrow. If we had won independence we would be in a huge financial mess. Now the SNP are saying if England votes to leave and Scotland votes to stay there will be another independence vote which the majority of Scots do not want we are all overloaded . But worse the SNP now want us to have the EURO if we gain independence. The Euro Ffs.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Correct I did and thank God the No vote won as our economy projection was based on oil being over $100 a Barrow. If we had won independence we would be in a huge financial mess. Now the SNP are saying if England votes to leave and Scotland votes to stay there will be another independence vote which the majority of Scots do not want we are all overloaded . But worse the SNP now want us to have the EURO if we gain independence. The Euro Ffs.

Let's wait and see what happens, if we vote to leave then there could be an incredible turn of events. However to listen to Boris say take back control when Scotland has no control makes my blood boil. We are controlled by a government that is voted in by a minority of the U.K. and especially in Scotland. However they hold a majority in Westminster. If they wanted democratic elections they would give us proportional representation. 

Regardless of the in or our facts, one thing is abundantly clear.

Every single reason the NO campaign in the independence referendum gave that the SNP deemed project fear...

Every single reason is now a reason to remain according to the SNP.

I am astonished the NHS has not been crippled by broken backs caused by all these 180° flips!

Jim Sillers had a vision and integrity. I respect him. As for Nicolas sheep... Shame on you!

Seriously.

Compare your SNP argument to "remain" and you will find it almost identical to the "no" campaign you so readily trashed.

It'll be interesting go see what the voter turnout is. Never ceases to to amaze me the huge number of folk who rarely vote, yet moan like f**k about the state of things.

imo folk should be compelled to vote.

Imagine a dismal turnout of around 55 to 60 % over something as important for the country.

Hopefully turnout will be 75% plus, otherwise any decision is always liable to stand accused of being considered unrepresentative.

hay hoh, we'll know soon enough.:huh:

I honestly don't think it's that important. Whatever way we democratically vote the world will keep turning and whilst a leave vote might hit the economy for a but there is every chance we will rebound back stronger.

I'm voting to stay in but I'm not too bothered either way.

Oh ffs, really? Jo Cox? You really are a trolling fud, aren't you.

It's not trolling it's utterly comparable. Nationalists issued many death threats to their political opponents during and after the Scottish election. The only difference is the nutter that killed Jo Cox managed to get close enough with a weapon to act on their threat.

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not really.

Are you disagreeing that every fundamental YES argument is now being trashed by YES voters as it is basically the same arguement put forward by the Remain campaign?

Firstly. The level of control of the two are vastly different.

Secondly. There are many who, while vehemently for independence, were just as strongly opposed to the Brussels' Bureaucrats getting their grubby hands on us. Not all "YES" voters were in agreement with the follow on policies of the SNP. (Which, by the way, is a party of people with many different underlying values but with one common goal). I for one did not vote YES on the strength of being controlled by this mish mash. I voted for independence because I felt it was time for us, as a nation, taking responsibility for our own destiny instead of blaming Engerland for our woes. I voted YES as I knew that it would not be the SNP who would take us forward but a new socially aware Scottish chosen independent Government with Scottish values. In fact. It would END the SNP as a party.  I stand by that decision.

The Euro referendum is entirely a separate, (no pun intended), issue.

Today's the day.

Scotland end up with right wing Tories running the country or we end up with Tories running the country but the EU having a say in workers rights for example and stopping them running amok. 

We get either get right wing Tories out of control or Tories with a little control from Brussels. 

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Today's the day.

Scotland end up with right wing Tories running the country or we end up with Tories running the country but the EU having a say in workers rights for example and stopping them running amok. 

We get either get right wing Tories out of control or Tories with a little control from Brussels. 

Aye. :wacko:

I'm away back to bed.:lol:

The irony of part of the leave campaigns pitch was. The EU is undemocratic, if you don't like the Government in the UK you can kick them out but you can't kick Brussels out.

Scotland and the North of England have been trying to kick the Tory party out for years but we're governed by whoever the South East of England vote for. 

True democracy would have proportional representation.

Bollocks.

ETA you either believe this pile of steaming pish or you're trolling. In either case, it's not worth debating with you and I stand by my original response.

Bollocks.

Oh I believe it. Indeed Shull, on the other thread linked to a Barrhead story where an SNP supporter escaped jail despite threatening to cut a Labour Councillors head off with a chainsaw.

Referenda gives the lunatics on all sides air, and there is little doubt that many of the anti English brigade still carry a deep hatred of politicians and business leaders who spoke out against independence for Scotland.

Today's the day.

Scotland end up with right wing Tories running the country or we end up with right wing European governments running the country but the EU having a say in workers rights. 

We get either get right wing Tories out of control or Tories with a little control from right wing politicians right across Europe. 

FIFY.

I'm voting to remain but I honestly couldn't care less about the outcome.

My heart says leave and my head says stay. If the decision is leave, I'll certainly enjoy watching the fallout. One thing I do believe is that the genie is out of the bottle so far as immigration is concerned and it won't go back in easily. There has been no real discussion for years and it's proving to be a ticking bomb.

My heart says leave and my head says stay. If the decision is leave, I'll certainly enjoy watching the fallout. One thing I do believe is that the genie is out of the bottle so far as immigration is concerned and it won't go back in easily. There has been no real discussion for years and it's proving to be a ticking bomb.

The thing is Rick we allowed 3,000 more immigrants in to the UK from the immigration we can control than we did from the EU immigration we can't. I don't think any of the UK political parties....and I include UKIP....believe we can sustain pensions and the NHS without the influx of workers and taxpayers.