Rae begone

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

wtf ! When are our support going to grow up and realise that losing 2 games is normal for any team and is absolutely no grounds for even contemplating paying off yet another manager.

Indeed, I don't think any manger would look at us in our current situation and with the utter clowns who claim to "support" the club. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, I don't think any manger would look at us in our current situation and with the utter clowns who claim to "support" the club. 

They do support the club though

That was utter dreadful today

Every area of the park bullied,no shape,badly set up,no purpose going forward,badly hit set plays

Got at least to give him the first quarter but that's 3 bad performances in a row

There has to be improvements

There's better organised under 7 teams. Why was Morgan taken off. Unless he was injured. Walsh never beat a man on any wing all game. Webster and Baird are a accident waiting to happen. Mallan and Hutton don't tackle no one. Can't blame the strikers they get nothing but aimless high ball fired up to them. 2 shots in 90 mins at home and some people on here think it's acceptable it's not. It's embarrassing.

25 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

They do support the club though

That was utter dreadful today

Every area of the park bullied,no shape,badly set up,no purpose going forward,badly hit set plays

Got at least to give him the first quarter but that's 3 bad performances in a row

There has to be improvements

Support?

Please define?

If you think, and I've spoken to 2 people today who have been to every game this season, that the level of shite that is thrown at the manager is support I suggest you try checking on how other teams fans "support" their club.

Maybe you'r getting confused with people who "turn up and spew shite" as supporters. <_<

Anyhow, this is the same old shite that our "support" have shown as the immediate reaction for quite some time.

Carry on, nothing will change. 

There's better organised under 7 teams. Why was Morgan taken off. Unless he was injured. Walsh never beat a man on any wing all game. Webster and Baird are a accident waiting to happen. Mallan and Hutton don't tackle no one. Can't blame the strikers they get nothing but aimless high ball fired up to them. 2 shots in 90 mins at home and some people on here think it's acceptable it's not. It's embarrassing.

Lewis needed syitches on the top of his foot after that early injury.

This is the most pressing and important decision for the new chairman and his board. All the positive chat in the media and great work behind the scenes by Gordon Scott and co won't gloss over the fact we have a hopeless manager. This might sound harsh but true. I think Rae could be here until the end of the season and you wouldn't see much of an improvement. The man won't ever make us competitive in this league and pushing for top 4.

I fancy Ayr to beat us next week. We struggled at home to them so based on the performances I have witnessed under Rae this season I have no idea where we are going to pick 3 points.

Rae is hopeless regardless of whether people think it's too early to sack him or not.

The chairman needs to get his new broom out and sweep away Mr Rae and Mr Farrell.

A really testing time for all involved at St Mirren. :-(

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Support?

Please define?

If you think, and I've spoken to 2 people today who have been to every game this season, that the level of shite that is thrown at the manager is support I suggest you try checking on how other teams fans "support" their club.

Maybe you'r getting confused with people who "turn up and spew shite" as supporters. <_<

Anyhow, this is the same old shite that our "support" have shown as the immediate reaction for quite some time.

Carry on, nothing will change. 

End of the day it's people who come to watch and put money into the club

As spewing shite that's up to them

I sat in silence again we didn't even win a corner today at a home game

As for certain other clubs supporting their clubs

Singing songs about a battle in the 17th century and their hatred about a certain part of society,no thanks

Guest TPAFKATS

We have a decent squad but the formation isn't working.
This is compounded by tactics that barely fit the definition.

For the record I never heard any abuse towards the manager from my position in the main stand, although I did chuck it early.

7 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

End of the day it's people who come to watch and put money into the club

As spewing shite that's up to them

I sat in silence again we didn't even win a corner today at a home game

As for certain other clubs supporting their clubs

Singing songs about a battle in the 17th century and their hatred about a certain part of society,no thanks

Again, support isn't just turning up, a common misconception among the bawbag element we have, especially at home games.

Nice touch bringing in the OF, I'm assuming that's what you're referring to........................I'm out, crack on. 

5 minutes ago, tony soprano said:

We have a decent squad but the formation isn't working.
This is compounded by tactics that barely fit the definition.

For the record I never heard any abuse towards the manager from my position in the main stand, although I did chuck it early.

Not as early as the players on the park!

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Again, support isn't just turning up, a common misconception among the bawbag element we have, especially at home games.

Nice touch bringing in the OF, I'm assuming that's what you're referring to........................I'm out, crack on. 

At the moment the blawbag element we have will get bigger

£20 is a lot of money to witness a poor excuse on show

Players going through the motions half hearted

Rae signed these players and they at the moment ain't playing for him because he ain't getting any reaction from them and the same basic mistakes are getting repeated

We are no different from any other club when there's continued bad performances on the park

There is no point in bagging Rae just now. It is already blatantly obvious that we aren't going to challenge for the league or play-offs on our showings so far, so there is no urgency to make a change. If we are maintaining relegation form come Christmas, however, it might have to be considered.

Depressingly, I think we are stuck with another season of mid-table mediocrity. We shouldn't be sacking managers after half a dozen poor games unless the BoD have a high calibre replacement lined up (no chance of that). It just costs the club money.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

There is no point in bagging Rae just now. It is already blatantly obvious that we aren't going to challenge for the league or play-offs on our showings so far, so there is no urgency to make a change. If we are maintaining relegation form come Christmas, however, it might have to be considered.

Depressingly, I think we are stuck with another season of mid-table mediocrity. We shouldn't be sacking managers after half a dozen poor games unless the BoD have a high calibre replacement lined up (no chance of that). It just costs the club money.

We don't need a high-calibre replacement. Celtic came up with Brendan Rodgers and ignited excitement and ticket sales with an ambitious appointment... We just need someone who knows what the fcuk they're doing. Someone who isn't complete and utter shit like Tommy Craig and Ian Murray were and like Alex Rae is currently looking like being. 

For example, Falkirk don't win every game, but Houston knows his stuff. We need someone like that. Someone who knows what. the. fcuk. they're. doing.

Surely, surely to goodness we can manage that.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

We don't need a high-calibre replacement. Celtic came up with Brendan Rodgers and ignited excitement and ticket sales with an ambitious appointment... We just need someone who knows what the fcuk they're doing. Someone who isn't complete and utter shit like Tommy Craig, Ian Murray were and like Alex Rae is currently looking. 

Falkirk don't win every game, but Houston knows his stuff. We need someone like that. Someone who knows what. the. fcuk. they're. doing.

Surely, surely to goodness we can manage that.

Falkirk are currently sitting aside us with a point from 3 games. Houston has a patchy history, and I can see them struggling this season. Would you want him at Saints as Rae's replacement? I'm not sure if I would. Contrast that with Gary Locke's early showings? Who'd have thunk it? Funny old game, right enough.

Rae did okay for us after he took over last term. Nothing spectacular, but solid enough. So far this season, he does look clueless, it has to be said, but would we attract someone who we would be confident would be a significant improvement?

Just now, Drew said:

Falkirk are currently sitting aside us with a point from 3 games. Houston has a patchy history, and I can see them struggling this season. Would you want him at Saints as Rae's replacement? I'm not sure if I would. Contrast that with Gary Locke's early showings? Who'd have thunk it? Funny old game, right enough.

Rae did okay for us after he took over last term. Nothing spectacular, but solid enough. So far this season, he does look clueless, it has to be said, but would we attract someone who we would be confident would be a significant improvement?

I would look at Houston's overall record at Falkirk and when I see them against us, they are better organised, more astute tactically, carry more of a threat in midfield and attack, and at the very least, look like they work on a plan in training.

Many other managers have shit all over St Mirren's recent managers in these regards. Would you agree on that score? They are currently shitting on Alex Rae.

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Many other managers have shit all over St Mirren's recent managers in these regards. Would you agree on that score? They are currently shitting on Alex Rae.

I could hardly disagree with that, but I thought Murray was a decent appointment, so what do I know.

I think it is a bit too easy for us to call on the BoD to replace a manager without having to shoulder any responsibility for who they choose and how it plays out.

The only appointment I slated from the off was Craig. It was a lazy, unimaginative, and cheap option. I wasn't bowled over by Rae's appointment, but was generally satisfied by his showing last season. For me, it is far too early to now expect the new BoD to weild the axe.

As I've said, Rae has looked absolutely clueless so far this season, but he will have to be afforded time to turn things around. I can't see any reasonable alternative.

Edited by Drew

Can anyone really see Rae changing his tactics? So aimless high balls for the rest of the season is ok. Not for me
Won't be spending my money to watch the anti football that Rae wants us to play. He has no ambition for the academy either as he wants our kids teams to hit long high balls as well. Anybody want to hear his thoughts on that should watch the Q&A session on YouTube.