The United States of America Election 2016

shull

So there you have it. The SNP think there should be special rules for powerful white American men. And to think the audience applauded that too.  Then she went on to retract her claim that she wanted Trump banned from the UK, saying that "of course you can't ban the President of the USA from the UK", and when challenged on whether she was now retracting her from last year when she said if Trump becomes President we should ban him her response was all over the place. And then it got even more bizarre as she claimed Donald Trump wants to withdraw from NASA. This women is supposed to be one of the SNP's biggest rising stars yet she absolutely fell to bits on last nights show. 

What a pile of wanky pish...

ETA - no idea why the quote function didn't work properly on this one.

Tasmina, jeez, just awful.

Must admit I was more than a tad embarrassed for her last night. She was abysmal. Plenty self righteous carping and more than a hint of aggression in her opinions, even when ridiculed and clearly back tracking. Sadly this "I'm right and don't contradict me " type of nippy sweetie trait appears to be more and more common place amongst a lot of Scottish politicians at the moment.

As an aside meantime, you've gotta just point and laugh at Kezia Dugdale. Don't know what world she actually lives in.

This helps in understanding why many of the oft referred silent majority turn their ire and disdain on politicians. In the main they are essentially useless feckers in it for their own end.

Tasmina, jeez, just awful.

Must admit I was more than a tad embarrassed for her last night. She was abysmal. Plenty self righteous carping and more than a hint of aggression in her opinions, even when ridiculed and clearly back tracking. Sadly this "I'm right and don't contradict me " type of nippy sweetie trait appears to be more and more common place amongst a lot of Scottish politicians at the moment.

As an aside meantime, you've gotta just point and laugh at Kezia Dugdale. Don't know what world she actually lives in.

This helps in understanding why many of the oft referred silent majority turn their ire and disdain on politicians. In the main they are essentially useless feckers in it for their own end.

My favourite bit of her car crash last night was listening to her describe herself as being brave for asking a question. Another disease she's caught from the horrible company she keeps is talking to waste airtime.

Shed have been one of the top dogs in an independent Scotland too. A thought that really does highlight the embarrassing lack of political talent in Scotland

20 hours ago, Longtimecoming said:

I don't support St Mirren son so don't know what that is do with anything.

My handle refers to my team winning the Scottish Cup for the first rime in our history.

Back to you wee man.

Well get off our site unless you want to grovel to the best supporters on the planet ( keep saying this I will believe!!)

In short- Piss Off

My favourite bit of her car crash last night was listening to her describe herself as being brave for asking a question. Another disease she's caught from the horrible company she keeps is talking to waste airtime.

Shed have been one of the top dogs in an independent Scotland too. A thought that really does highlight the embarrassing lack of political talent in Scotland

What a pile of wanky pish...

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Not Really SD, I have no issue at all with other supporters of others clubs commenting on our site but not when they ridicule our members. Don't want this becoming like an OF site

Other fans welcome as long as you grovel to St Mirren.

It's a free country cunto.

I'lI go where I want when I want.

To be fair cuntos like faraway saint are capable of ridiculing themselves without my help.

Let's see when he.

1. Puts Clinton in jail.

2. Builds a wall between USA and Mexico and gets Mexico to pay for it.

3. Deports all illegal immigrants from the USA.

4. Gets rid off Ohbama's health care bill, which he is now starting to back-pedalling on.

5. Bans Muslims from entering USA.

Will he do all of the above, some of the above or none of the above?

Just like the main theme of the leave the EU campaign where they promised an extra 350 million a week to the NHS. It appears that you are now allowed to not just lie to the electorate but you are allowed to tell them whoppers. To say Hillary Clinton was corrupt while telling the biggest porkies ever is unbelievable. 

If he doesn't deliver then he should be thrown in jail.

• 1 month later...

Bump!

I was never impressed by Obama who I considered to be ineffectual and cowardly in the way he shed tears publically over gun atrocities yet didn't have the guts to take on the NRA but despair for the future comparing his dignified farewell speech to the oncoming Trump presidency which shows signs of becoming a 4-year episode of the Jerry Springer show.

Someone wake me up in 2021 when it's all over.

Bump!

I was never impressed by Obama who I considered to be ineffectual and cowardly in the way he shed tears publically over gun atrocities yet didn't have the guts to take on the NRA but despair for the future comparing his dignified farewell speech to the oncoming Trump presidency which shows signs of becoming a 4-year episode of the Jerry Springer show.

Someone wake me up in 2021 when it's all over.

4 years? You sure?

20 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Have I said otherwise?

I'm accusing Obama of shedding crocodile tears in the aftermath of these atrocities during his tenure and doing nothing.

I felt he was sincere, it must be hard to be seen as the leader of a nation who expect him to do something, as long as it does not involve taking their weapons away

It's an issue that can't be over simplified, you and i have abut as much authority over gun control in the US as Obama does. Sure he has influence, but it takes years, in the case of guns probably decades, of consistently exerted influence to bring some sanity to the US concept of gun ownership

5 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I felt he was sincere, it must be hard to be seen as the leader of a nation who expect him to do something, as long as it does not involve taking their weapons away

It's an issue that can't be over simplified, you and i have abut as much authority over gun control in the US as Obama does. Sure he has influence, but it takes years, in the case of guns probably decades, of consistently exerted influence to bring some sanity to the US concept of gun ownership

Well I guess we're gonna have to disagree on this one, it's easier to shed a few tears on TV than it is to take the time & effort to push legislation through an inertia driven legislature system like the US have. The support given by the White House to the gun control proposals after the Sandy Hook massacre were minimal. For a President who had already secured his second/final term in office it was a chance to campaign for a more liberal agenda that was ducked - Obama showed he was just another part of the swamp.

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I will watch with interests rather like the fact anti political establishment is not running the show time will tell. Media controls the robots it's going to be interesting for me at least. 

The irony is that for much of his career Trump courted politicians from both major US parties, it's the "outsider" persona that he built for the presidential campaign that's fake. Having woken up and found himself President his Cabinet is a bit more eclectic than any of the other candidates would have assembled but labelling it anti-establishment seems a bit of a stretch to me.

I reckon you're correct about it being an interesting ride though, as the current news about him divesting control of his business interests for the duration of his presidency shows.

Edited by Bud the Baker