Jack Ross Must Go.

Jack Ross's league stats against the teams 5th - 9th in the Championship

Head to heads against Queen of the South under Jack Ross:

6th December 2016 QOTS 2 - St Mirren 3; 7th January 2017 St Mirren 0 - QOTS 3

Ross's record: 3 points out of 6, GD -2, 50%

Head to heads against Dunfermline Athletic under Jack Ross:

19th November 2016: St Mirren 0 - Dunfermline 1; 14th January 2017 Dunfermline 1 - St Mirren 1

Ross's record: 1 point out 6, GD -1, 16.7%

Head to heads against Dumbarton under Jack Ross:

5th November 2016 St Mirren 0 Dumbarton 1; 4th February 2017 Dumbarton 2 - St Mirren 2

Ross's record: 1 point out of 6, GD -1,  16.7%

Head to heads against Raith Rovers under Jack Ross:

10th December 2016 St Mirren 1 Raith Rovers 0

Ross's record: 3 points out of 3, GD +1, 100%

Head to heads against Ayr United under Jack Ross:

17th December 2016 St Mirren 1 Ayr United 1

Ross's record: 1 point out of 3, GD 0, 33.3%

Not much there to suggest that if we just pick up wins against the teams around us we'll be safe.

In 8 league games against the teams 5th - 9th we have won 2, drawn 3, lost 3, 9 points out of 2, GD -3, 37.5% (half as good as Rae's lucky chancers last season).

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Alex Neil at Norwich was on a sticky wicket a few weeks ago, now he's up for manager of the month. Now, what has this got to do with anything I hear you ask? Well, sticking with a manager. I think Delia really wants to stick with Neil and ride out the peaks and troughs. I think we should stick with Jack Ross even if we go down. I am not a Ross fandan, I think our record under him is shite, but sometime, somewhere, somehow, we need to stick with someone. We simply cannot go on being utter shite, then bagging the manager, bring in another new guy and the pantomime starts once more. The remit of the latest incumbent in the hot seat to mop up the pool of shite left by the last guy, who struggled with the shite situation left by the last guy, who...

Ross should be afforded the chance to mop up his own shite. I quite like that. Allow a St Mirren manager to mop up his own shite, not the last guy's shite.... FFS! :D

Edit: I have been drinking. I'm not proud of it, but fcuk it, it's Friday. Don't think I've had typos' or foregone punctuation... three cheers for me, and Tennents Black lager!

Generally one of the biggest issues with bringing in a new manager (other than paying him off) is the turnover in playing staff.

Regardless of whether Jack gets kept or not, someone is going to have to build a new team in the summer.

I really hope Jack can keep us up, in which case he should be that man but in this case we have so few players contracted for next season that keeping him does very little for team continuity if he isn't.

You have a broken down car. You love this car and don't want to sell it or get rid of it.

You take it to one mechanic, he can't fix it and makes the problem a little worse, so you get rid of him. You take it to a second mechanic, he can't fix it and makes the problem a little worse again, so you get rid of him. You take it to a third mechanic, he can't fix it, makes the problem a little worse, so you get rid of him. You take it to a fourth mechanic, he can't fix it, makes the problem worse again, so you get rid of him.

You take it to a fifth mechanic. He can't fix it either and he makes the problem even worse... By now the car is quite literally falling apart.

Do you get rid of him because he can't do the job, or do you keep him working away at it simply because the other four mechanics before him were also useless?

The bizarre 'we have to stick with someone logic' says you stick with the fifth mechanic. He's making the problem worse, but em... the other four were also rubbish so you should stick with him...?

Of course the rational answer is that there are mechanics out there who can fix the car, and you should keep looking till you find one of them.

Toot toot, JR.

20 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Jack Ross's league stats against the teams 5th - 9th in the Championship

Head to heads against Queen of the South under Jack Ross:

6th December 2016 QOTS 2 - St Mirren 3; 7th January 2017 St Mirren 0 - QOTS 3

Ross's record: 3 points out of 6, GD -2, 50%

Head to heads against Dunfermline Athletic under Jack Ross:

19th November 2016: St Mirren 0 - Dunfermline 1; 14th January 2017 Dunfermline 1 - St Mirren 1

Ross's record: 1 point out 6, GD -1, 16.7%

Head to heads against Dumbarton under Jack Ross:

5th November 2016 St Mirren 0 Dumbarton 1; 4th February 2017 Dumbarton 2 - St Mirren 2

Ross's record: 1 point out of 6, GD -1,  16.7%

Head to heads against Raith Rovers under Jack Ross:

10th December 2016 St Mirren 1 Raith Rovers 0

Ross's record: 3 points out of 3, GD +1, 100%

Head to heads against Ayr United under Jack Ross:

17th December 2016 St Mirren 1 Ayr United 1

Ross's record: 1 point out of 3, GD 0, 33.3%

Not much there to suggest that if we just pick up wins against the teams around us we'll be safe.

In 8 league games against the teams 5th - 9th we have won 2, drawn 3, lost 3, 9 points out of 2, GD -3, 37.5% (half as good as Rae's lucky chancers last season).

I wish you would bin your stats, percentages and calculator - they are totally meaningless and irrelevant.

What counts is how Jack's team performs on the park between now and the end of the season. Up until the Dumbarton game it has been Alec's team that has been underperforming. Having said that, neither Jack nor Alec have kicked a ball in anger all season - we perhaps over-estimate the influence managers have on players' performances on the park.

What is undeniable is that the players we have had over the past 12 months have been the most under-performing players in the Championship - by a minimum of 7 points and a maximum of 35!

I wish you would bin your stats, percentages and calculator - they are totally meaningless and irrelevant.

' We've had quite enough of these pesky numbers and statistics '

:lol:

What would you rather have? Meaningless anecdotes like ' we got unlucky in all those must win games we didn't win' ?

Is the statistic that we are bottom of the league and 11 points from safety with only 13 games to go also meaningless and irrelevant?

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

' We've had quite enough of these pesky numbers and statistics '

:lol:

What would you rather have? Meaningless anecdotes like ' we got unlucky in all those must win games we didn't win' ?

Is the statistic that we are bottom of the league and 11 points from safety with only 13 games to go also meaningless and irrelevant?

I love this approach.....................we're the bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football and the FACTS, not stats don't matter.

We're playing better than we did before although we're not winning any games. :lol:

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

Jack Ross is going to be with us until at least the end of the season . Why not judge him then ? 

Not sure back at the end of September when we were waiting for a new manager to be appointed and were 2 points off 9th place that too many people would have said no judgment on the new boss should be made until the season was finished.

11 minutes ago, munoz said:

Jack Ross is going to be with us until at least the end of the season . Why not judge him then ? 

I agree, he's here for this season at least.

But since his contract, seemingly, is for longer, I would consider it a sensible decision to assess his performance at the end of the season.

Sticking with him for next season should be based on results.

Edited by faraway saint

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree, he's here for this season at least.

But since his contract, seemingly, is for longer, I would consider it a sensible decision to assess his performance at the end of the season.

Sticking with him for next season should be based on results.

Just like Manchester United did with Alec Ferguson after his first season with them?

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Just like Manchester United did with Alec Ferguson after his first season with them?

By the time Alex Ferguson had his first season at Manchester United, he had won the First Division with St Mirren, kept them in the Premier Division, won the title 3 times with Aberdeen, won the Dryburgh Cup once, League Cup once, Scottish Cup 4 times, the UEFA Cup Winners Cup once and UEFA Super Cup once and managed Scotland in the Mexico World Cup finals in 1986. In his first season he took Manchester United from 21st to 11th. 

In contrast in 15 months as a manager Jack Ross got Alloa relegated by 10 points last season, won a few games with Alloa this season and as things stand looks set to relegate St Mirren this season with a similar points total to Alloa last year. In his first season with St Mirren Jack Ross has taken us from 10th to 10th.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

By the time Alex Ferguson had his first season at Manchester United, he had won the First Division with St Mirren, kept them in the Premier Division, won the title 3 times with Aberdeen, won the Dryburgh Cup once, League Cup once, Scottish Cup 4 times, the UEFA Cup Winners Cup once and UEFA Super Cup once and managed Scotland in the Mexico World Cup finals in 1986. In his first season he took Manchester United from 21st to 11th. 

In contrast in 15 months as a manager Jack Ross got Alloa relegated by 10 points last season, won a few games with Alloa this season and as things stand looks set to relegate St Mirren this season with a similar points total to Alloa last year. In his first season with St Mirren Jack Ross has taken us from 10th to 10th.

I thought my "silly point" covered this equally as well? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Now if i had said that then I would be the bad smisa man for stating real, not alternative facts. 

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Ferguson did not inherit a squad as poor as the one Ross got from Rae. Even Ferguson needed a bit of time to work his magic and that is all I am arguing for Ross.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I love this approach.....................we're the bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football and the FACTS, not stats don't matter.

We're playing better than we did before although we're not winning any games. :lol:

How did we get to the semi final of the diddy cup and one game away from the quarterfinals of the Scottish Cup ya trumpet.

3 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Ferguson did not inherit a squad as poor as the one Ross got from Rae. Even Ferguson needed a bit of time to work his magic and that is all I am arguing for Ross.

My point was that prior to going to Manchester United, in his previous 12 years as a manager he'd won 2 promotions, 10 domestic competitions and 2 European competitions between his time at St Mirren and Aberdeen and had a decent track record to fall back on. 

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

How did we get to the semi final of the diddy cup and one game away from the quarterfinals of the Scottish Cup ya trumpet.

My apologies, I didn't know our priorities were winning cups this season.

I'll check what the odds on us winning the Scottish Cup are.................

William Hill says.....................:lol:

11 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

So by that logic Rae inherited a f**king brilliant squad fron the shit fest that was Ian Murray???

Rae did as was asked, kept is up, won more matches and money, then got sacked after six games.... ooops sorry its only Jack that gets to f**k up, but get another year.. my bad.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

My apologies, I didn't know our priorities were winning cups this season.

I'll check what the odds on us winning the Scottish Cup are.................

William Hill says.....................:lol:

What are you doing up at this late hour? :wacko:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

To have the audacity to put Ross in the same category as Ferguson is, IMO, completely crazy.

Nice attempt Jack. :lol:

It's you who is doing that, not me.

If Man U had ditched Ferguson after his first season, he certainly would not have become Sir Alec.

It is unbelievable (or maybe not) that there are people on here calling for Ross' head after just one game with a squad that he has had some input in. Before that he inherited the poorest squad in living memory to work with and most supporters recognised the scale of the problem facing the club and the time needed to sort it out.