Jack Ross Must Go.

9 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My point was that prior to going to Manchester United, in his previous 12 years as a manager he'd won 2 promotions, 10 domestic competitions and 2 European competitions between his time at St Mirren and Aberdeen and had a decent track record to fall back on. 

But he did not have a track record to fall back on before St Mirren signed him as their manager.

Just now, northstbuddie said:

It's you who is doing that, not me.

If Man U had ditched Ferguson after his first season, he certainly would not have become Sir Alec.

It is unbelievable (or maybe not) that there are people on here calling for Ross' head after just one game with a squad that he has had some input in. Before that he inherited the poorest squad in living memory to work with and most supporters recognised the scale of the problem facing the club and the time needed to sort it out.

Aye in your opinion.

A squad who had performed better with the previous manager. :wacko:

We're done here, going nowhere.

I'm not saying, AGAIN, that we should get rid of Ross now.

I've said he was a gamble.

It is clearly not paying off right now.

How will it go in the future, who fecking knows, not me, certainly not you so it's very much in the balance, weighted, IMO, in the side of fail. :byebye

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye in your opinion.

A squad who had performed better with the previous manager. :wacko:

We're done here, going nowhere.

I'm not saying, AGAIN, that we should get rid of Ross now.

I've said he was a gamble.

It is clearly not paying off right now.

How will it go in the future, who fecking knows, not me, certainly not you so it's very much in the balance, weighted, IMO, in the side of fail. :byebye

With that we are both agreed and also that Ross should be given more time to prove himself.

However you are deluded if you consider that the squad performed better with the previous manager although I have to accept that the results do not reflect my point of view.

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

But he did not have a track record to fall back on before St Mirren signed him as their manager.

Completely off topic but.................I must be honest bud and say I don't get the constant references on here to SAF as some sort of yardstick for rookie managers at St Mirren. The guy is probably the greatest living manager and maybe the greatest of all time. He was an anomaly for a club like ours and I don't think British football will ever see his like again, let alone us.

For every SAF, football is littered with far more Gary Locke's and Ian Murrays.

13 hours ago, John Gotti said:

Completely off topic but.................I must be honest bud and say I don't get the constant references on here to SAF as some sort of yardstick for rookie managers at St Mirren. The guy is probably the greatest living manager and maybe the greatest of all time. He was an anomaly for a club like ours and I don't think British football will ever see his like again, let alone us.

For every SAF, football is littered with far more Gary Locke's and Ian Murrays.

While I think you're right about SAF being unique, Saints did have a good run of good rookies.

for me, Tom Hendrie, Wee Anxious (dreich 'effective') and Danny Lennon were pretty successful appointments... Similar to SAF.

Edited by antrin

On 2/10/2017 at 0:46 PM, faraway saint said:

Thanks Tom, knew you were one of "them". <_<

#bigotedtediousauldcnut

Not a very high quality reply skidmark Faraway.  

Perhaps you should put just a little more thought into your posts.  Try it and the quality shall be somewhat multiplied to the positivity of the forum and your own reputation.

#skidmarkcannaepostanythingbutpish

1 minute ago, TediousTom said:

Not a very high quality reply skidmark Faraway.  

Perhaps you should put just a little more thought into your posts.  Try it and the quality shall be somewhat multiplied to the positivity of the forum and your own reputation.

#skidmarkcannaepostanythingbutpish

You're funny Tom...................no, you're really not. :byebye

Nice to see your my new troll since Tantrum bailed out. :lol:

Course its depressing
I know we are bottom, , cant even remember the last time we were 9th
Dumferline and Morton not so long ago were in League One and they couldn't beat lots of Part time teams.........

I am not on drugs ( however!!) but its still with us..... I expect to see a fight.... If I do then I am sure we will be ok. If I don't then thank god most players are on short term deals, and no more stupid pay offs

Good post mate

From what I read today, this was only the third time we have met East Fife in the Scottish Cup.

We beat them in the other 2 occasions in 1971 and 1986 after replays apparently.

Completely off the top of my head, considering I was only 2 at the time, I think we beat East Fife in the replay at Love Street in 1971 with an Archie Knox hat trick. My dad says that the newspaper headline the next day was "Opportunity Knox".

One for the older forumsters...

East Fife are a mysterious club for me. We have seldom played them as they have been in the lower leagues most of my life. Yet they have such an illustrious history. This history separates them from the clubs they usually play against.

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

From what I read today, this was only the third time we have met East Fife in the Scottish Cup.

We beat them in the other 2 occasions in 1971 and 1986 after replays apparently.

Completely off the top of my head, considering I was only 2 at the time, I think we beat East Fife in the replay at Love Street in 1971 with an Archie Knox hat trick. My dad says that the newspaper headline the next day was "Opportunity Knox".

One for the older forumsters...

East Fife are a mysterious club for me. We have seldom played them as they have been in the lower leagues most of my life. Yet they have such an illustrious history. This history separates them from the clubs they usually play against.

I was there. Iirc this was a second replay after first two games ended 1-1. Coin tossed and Love Street got the second replay. Crowd of around 13,000 that night I believe.