THE WAGONS ARE CIRCLING

Every time I open the paper one of our young players is link to a new club and with the sounds of it they want them for next to nothing naismiths away already and by the sounds if it we haven't really cashed in. malan and McAlister are link to other clubs our other starlet's Morgan magenis Baird and mclear could be on someone's list. Its good news the club has so far knocked silly offers back. As the previous BOD probably would have caved in. its testing times for jack and the club.

No shit. How long have I been posting on here about the days of watching a Stevie Clarke or Frank McAvennie for a decent spell before they get a big money move being long gone? How many times have I posted that if a kid strings together more than three good games, the papers will say 'Brendan Rodgers runs the rule over Saints starlet' - or equivalent headline pertaining to A.N. Other club?

Game's a bogey. Bosman. Players and agents with the power. Unearth a half decent player and they'll be off. To fcuking Ross County never mind Sellik, Chelsea or West Ham. The sooner you accept we cannot build a really strong team, much less hold onto one, the better it is. Just accept we will be splashing around trying to keep our heads above water and there's Jack Shit chance of a 'Fitzpatrick - Richardson - Stark - Abercromby' scenario happening here. Again. Ever.

Champions in 2019 Tony? Fcuk me sideways with a rolled up copy of the Saint newspaper!

With all that said should we not be dealing with the legal side off the business better were it makes such cut price moves more difficult. As in release clauses sell on Incentive's and contract extensions well before the agents advise them to run the contracts down for a bosman.and in thevevent of a bosman the sell on Incentive's are already installed from the start so the club still benefits we seem to be getting the players out the academy and into the first team its the legal side we are stumbling on.

8 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

The other thing to remember is kids have agents these days. Don't know if it's legal but it happens. Wee Bud is right in what he says about player contracts.

My Daughters boyfriend has a nephew who has signed "forms" with Man City aged just Nine. He was accompanied by his Mum and Dad to Citys boardroom to do the photo op signing. City advised his parents to get the lad someone to represent his business interests !! . Hes 9 for god sake !!

You can install clauses .bye out contracts the lot.you can put a bye out clause in the contract were the player or interested parties can buy it out but its normally set at an inflated price once a price is agreed if under the bye out price  the selling club triggers a good will clause and let's the player go for the agreed price.  Release clauses in a contract is a set amount that can get triggered you can even specifie what clubs can trigger the release. I know the guys have agents but surely they see it as business as well probably have a good agents fee in the contracts as well its big business I hope the new board will have a new approach to the contractual side.if done right years ago how much would the club have benefit from someone like Chris iwelumo 16 different clubs. its all about the long game.

48 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

My Daughters boyfriend has a nephew who has signed "forms" with Man City aged just Nine. He was accompanied by his Mum and Dad to Citys boardroom to do the photo op signing. City advised his parents to get the lad someone to represent his business interests !! . Hes 9 for god sake !!

Disappointed in you, Callum.... going all dickhead-esque on us!  :lol

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

No shit. How long have I been posting on here about the days of watching a Stevie Clarke or Frank McAvennie for a decent spell before they get a big money move being long gone? How many times have I posted that if a kid strings together more than three good games, the papers will say 'Brendan Rodgers runs the rule over Saints starlet' - or equivalent headline pertaining to A.N. Other club?

Well are you going to tell us?  You don't expect us to count them!!!!   <_<:o

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

I'm not sure you can put a release clause or sell on incentives in a players contract, those caveats are in the negotiating and structuring of the deal between the selling and buying clubs.

You can definitely put a release clause in the player's contract - loads of clubs do it. Sell on clause is a different story - that would be in the deal between clubs.

2 hours ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Its good news the club has so far knocked silly offers back. As the previous BOD probably would have caved in. its testing times for jack and the club.

The previous BoD sold Burton O'Brien and David McNamee to Blackburn Rovers for £600,000.

Have we had sold anyone since who was worth a large transfer fee?

19 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You can definitely put a release clause in the player's contract - loads of clubs do it. Sell on clause is a different story - that would be in the deal between clubs.

Correct..........what I was meaning, as I believe that's what he was getting at, was forcing a release contract onto his new contract with his new club to allow us to get a sell-on clause.

Just now, WeeBud said:

Correct..........what I was meaning, as I believe that's what he was getting at, was forcing a release contract onto his new contract with his new club to allow us to get a sell-on clause.

If we put a sell on clause in the deal with the buying club, we get a percentage of the next transfer fee. Is that what you're getting at? We won't get a percentage of all his transfer fees though...

Just now, Soctty said:

If we put a sell on clause in the deal with the buying club, we get a percentage of the next transfer fee. Is that what you're getting at? We won't get a percentage of all his transfer fees though...

No........I think the OP was trying to infer that we have a clause "forcing" his new club to sell at an agreed value (release clause) and thus bringing in a sell on % but somehow putting it in the contract we have with the player before we even sell him, Probably in a Tevez type way!!

5 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

No. That was a great bit off business a one of .how many players did they let go for well under market price. Teams are paying big money for potential (jonh stones olly Burke) just to name a few sometimes it works other times it doesn't that's why contracts are so important.

Which players did the previous BoD "let go for well under market price"?