Latest Scores

FTOF

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Just back from the Man U v Lyon game in Edinburgh as my grandson was determined he wanted to see them. Over £60 for a ticket. Man U were out of the blocks real quick but seemed to want to walk the ball into the net. Great goal by Van der Beek to win it though.

Anyway. Parked, or more like abandoned the car at Ingliston park and ride as there wasn't a parking spot in sight. Had to end up climbing a kerb and hoping for the best. Got the tram. Obviously busy as feck. Queue like an execution to get in. Prices for snacks and drinks were horrendous. Getting back to the car was a challenge to say the least. Turns out the clever cnuts were walking to Haymarket and getting the tram there meaning the thing was crammed when it got to Murrayfield. Then getting out of Ingliston was another chore. Motorway traffic was, by then , in rush hour mode. Murder!

All in all, an experience I wouldn't want to repeat.

You must be tiny. How the feck did you manage to then get on a tram ? 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

All set for the big match here in Arbroath.

Cracking night for the football, dry and calm.

BIG crowd at Gayfield, hope the game can live up to it. 

After weathering a torrid 10 minutes Arbroath were starting to get into the game a wee bit then an individual error from Balde, who was already having a nightmare, sells the jerseys.

Arbroath 0-1 United. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

After weathering a torrid 10 minutes Arbroath were starting to get into the game a wee bit then an individual error from Balde, who was already having a nightmare, sells the jerseys.

Arbroath 0-1 United. 

Arbroath 0-2 United, nice goal, good pass from midfield, great run and finish.

25 mins. 

22 minutes ago, guinness said:

United have been very good but Arbroath have been very poor. If United can keep Moult fit he  will have a huge number of goals  and assists in his League. Think Gallagher will stroll this League as well.

I know it’s only the 1st game but this looks like Relegated team v Champions 

Arbroath are rubbish. I think they managed one shot on target when they played us. We should have been 4-0 up at half-time, too.

I think Airdrieonians will be a surprise package this season. I also know a few Thistle fans who are quite optimistic. Morton and Ayr look like they might be quite handy, too. I think it will be a close run thing like last season.

1 hour ago, guinness said:

United have been very good but Arbroath have been very poor. If United can keep Moult fit he  will have a huge number of goals  and assists in his League. Think Gallagher will stroll this League as well.

Very impressed with Moult, even taking into account the opposition.

The ultimate professional, unselfish, hard worker and no histrionics.

Just too good, relaxed a bit in the 2nd half, Arbroath made a few decent substitutions at half time hooking the disaster that was Balde, and put up a better performance.

12 hours ago, HSS said:

I know it’s only the 1st game but this looks like Relegated team v Champions 

Going by the budget of both teams it really wasn't a surprise, although 4 goals at half time was sore.

Would you be saying anything similar if Celtic had beaten us 4-0 in the first game?

The league really starts next week for Arbroath, United, on paper, should romp the league and will hand out a few thrashings to teams this season, never mind a part time side. 

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Would you be saying anything similar if Celtic had beaten us 4-0 in the first game

No but I’d have said if sellic beat st johnstone 4-0

Thats twice I’ve seen Arbroath,they are a very poor team and I think they’ll get relegated