Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Unfortunately Mr Oaksoft world is in a small bubble in which he can't see out. The UN write a poverty report , the vast majority of the population knows our country suffers unnecessary poverty.  

That report states that 14 MILLION people in the UK are in poverty.

It also states that 1.5 MILLION are completely destitute.

That's  1 in every 5 people you pass in the street either in poverty or destitute!

Give me a break!

If you believe those figures without question, there is something wrong with your intelligence IMO.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Sorry, Oakley.

I don't need to waste time line by line dismissing your response to my post.

stlucifer summed it up, neatly and accurately.

Between your aliases bluto and antrim, you have spent years dissecting every single grammatical and spelling error in the posts of others.

If my points were easy to knock down you would not be able to restrain yourself.

You could at least be man enough to admit that but it's your choice.

Interesting that we have just marked 100yrs since WW1 ended , a war that Britain fought to preserve the sovereignty of independent European nation states . How the tables have turned as we fight to get our own sovereignty back . . by leaving now we are likely to dodge two European bullets ; firtsly Article 13 and for the last 10 years American big business have been negotiating with Europe to get GMOs approved across Europe . It is set up so that with approval in one country , you get it in them all . . some people used to wonder how German cars with dirty emissions managed to get approval in Europe. .

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's embarrassing that people are still grinding their teeth over this woman. You have had nearly 30 years to get over her policies.

Not really, her agenda of deindustrialisation & deregulation are still to the fore - what do you think Brexit (& hence this thread) is about  for guys like Jacob Rees Mogg & the libertarian wing of the Tory Party?

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Between your aliases bluto and antrim, you have spent years dissecting every single grammatical and spelling error in the posts of others.

If my points were easy to knock down you would not be able to restrain yourself.

You could at least be man enough to admit that but it's your choice.

It IS my choice.  And I exercise it - with consummate restraint.

When the forum became infested with cretins and dullards (Skidmark, shull et al), I knew that any energy  and/or positive thinking expended on here was wasted.

There are still some great Buddies on here... Now being drowned out by the the single-line trash and emoticon junkies.

ps I appreciate 'antrim'.  You used to be a contender.

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Not really, her agenda of deindustrialisation & deregulation are still to the fore - what do you think Brexit (& hence this thread) is about  for guys like Jacob Rees Mogg & the libertarian wing of the Tory Party?

I'm not sure I care what these people get out of it.

I understand why you don't like the result (and neither do I) but the people have clearly voted. That really should be the end of the matter.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

When the forum became infested with cretins and dullards (Skidmark, shull et al), I knew that any energy  and/or positive thinking expended on here was wasted.

If it's that bad what made you come back?

Why waste your time?

Anyway what makes you think you are any better than those guys that you mention? :D

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If it's that bad what made you come back?

Why waste your time?

you're quite right.  I hadn't really considered that a random interjection on very few subjects was "back".

nor that helpfully pointing out "shite" was either.

Anyway what makes you think you are any better than those guys that you mention? :D

Good one!  :)

with the answer hidden in the question!

that ability to THINK.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not sure I care what these people get out of it.

I understand why you don't like the result (and neither do I) but the people have clearly voted. That really should be the end of the matter.

That's just a lie, Oakes!

Some did. An electoral minority protest voted in a referendum, to which Parliament needed to pay no heed(and still don't).

They were lied to. The process was criminalised and hijacked.  

If they thought they were not voting for a bus packed with squillions of free money but rather voting for a jump off an economic cliff, they may have not protest voted so blithely.

people change their minds - which is why we don't get stuck with the same government forever.

May went for a quick election to confirm the people were behind her and she lost her majority cos they had changed their minds.

and your first line is simply unworthy, venal...

see!  It's the posting of lies and arrant, blatant stupidity that calls for correction, that draws me "back", when I see it.

I'm off.

you'll be pleased to know.

feel free to post more shite.

5 hours ago, antrin said:

That's just a lie, Oakes!

Some did. An electoral minority protest voted in a referendum, to which Parliament needed to pay no heed(and still don't).

They were lied to. The process was criminalised and hijacked.  

If they thought they were not voting for a bus packed with squillions of free money but rather voting for a jump off an economic cliff, they may have not protest voted so blithely.

people change their minds - which is why we don't get stuck with the same government forever.

May went for a quick election to confirm the people were behind her and she lost her majority cos they had changed their minds.

and your first line is simply unworthy, venal...

see!  It's the posting of lies and arrant, blatant stupidity that calls for correction, that draws me "back", when I see it.

I'm off.

you'll be pleased to know.

feel free to post more shite.

Full of trolls and plastic tory's  Most of the decent posters over the years have moved on to new Saints social media's. It won't be long before Div pulls the plug the forum hay day has past forums like this cost money to run.  There is still a demand for Pie and Bovril which is huge. 

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Full of trolls and plastic tory's  Most of the decent posters over the years have moved on to new Saints social media's. It won't be long before Div pulls the plug the forum hay day has past forums like this cost money to run.  There is still a demand for Pie and Bovril which is huge. 

What and who is a plastic Tory ? 

Name all the trolls.  The so called trolls may just be decent St Mirren Fans that you disagree with.. 

We will lose the Forum if you and others keep putting the boot in

Contribute. 

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Where are the other Saints sites IOBS?

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Where are the other Saints sites IOBS?

Twitter & Facebook latter seem to be popular. Anyone posting on here over the years will know the numbers have dwindled. I like BAWA especially  when the club is doing well.  It's a shame so many posters have been lost though in all honesty it's easy to see why. Even the web master rarely pops in preferring Twitter. You don't tend to get as much bullshit. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Twitter & Facebook latter seem to be popular. Anyone posting on here over the years will know the numbers have dwindled. I like BAWA especially  when the club is doing well.  It's a shame so many posters have been lost though in all honesty it's easy to see why. Even the web master rarely pops in preferring Twitter. You don't tend to get as much bullshit. 

Sadly,  I think you are right IOBS. 

Too many petty comments and not enough Information Sharing. 

21 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I can't comment on twitter but I take it you haven't read the FB pages.

Some of the people posting on that St Mirren FB page make me question humanity. All it is full of is people either constantly berating the players or greetin because 5000 people didn't give a minutes applause for their dead gran.

Edited by LargsBud